List of Games You Should Play Unpatched

• 4 weeks later...

Headspun needs to be added. UNSPUN :gold: trophy is glitched, you need to get 100% Cortex Restoration on v1.10 then downgrade to v1.00 to get the trophy to unlock. I posted my method in this thread.

You will need to use the PSX Download Helper to get platinum. The game downloading is 4.585 GB without any patches (if the game shows up at around 4.8 GB, then you've done something wrong). If you intend to download the game while you are sleeping or away, you need to change your PC/Laptop battery/sleep settings. You will also need to keep your PS4 on, do not put it in Rest Mode, since the game will update it with the most recent patch. When the game has downloaded and you switch back to your proper internet settings, remember to cancel the v1.10 patch from your downloads after you boot the game up.

On v1.00 it is IMPOSSIBLE to meet the requirements for UNSPUN :gold: because of (at least) two things: 

1. After you restore the Bar, you cannot access the choice to order a drink from Tess (which is required for the "Blowing Off Steam" task).

2. After you complete Scene 9 in the Dream Theater, the Cortex door becomes glitched. You have two options (Yes or No) and you can't select either of them. The Touchpad, Touchpad + :cross: trick to get through glitched doors does not work on the v1.00 end game Cortex door.

3. If for some reason you decide to play the game from the beginning on v1.00 (there are some benefits), avoid BRIGHT SPARK :silver: & CHANGING ROOMS :gold: since they are glitched, and upgrade to v1.10 once you complete Scene 9.

On v1.10 it is POSSIBLE to meet the requirements for UNSPUN :gold: but the trophy is GLITCHED. You need to complete all tasks, buy/restore all departments, buy all projects, buy all upgrades, buy all staff (& staff bonuses), while getting the Cortex to 100 on v1.10. After that you will need to back-up your save, delete the game, re-download the game using PSX Download Helper to block the patch, then use your v1.10 Cortex 100 save on v1.00 to unlock the trophy.

I got UNSPUN to unlock by getting into the game and then fast traveling to Ted's Quarters (which auto-saves the game), then I closed the application, rebooted the game and the trophy popped at the main menu.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2021 at 6:11 AM, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Prince of Persia 2008, If you delete the patch you can easily die (or be saved by Elika) more then 100 times and still get the trophy.

IIRC I think this was simply the Epilogue DLC rather than a patch (I had the ?, perhaps you had the digital version), but nevertheless it was truly a boon which spared you not only the need to track Elika’s saves, but also for beating the game in 12 hours. This allows you to simply enjoy the game and work toward the seed collecting/combo checklist at your pace, finding everything by yourself, without resigning to a second playthrough dedicated to <100 saves and <12 hours.

7 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

IIRC I think this was simply the Epilogue DLC rather than a patch (I had the 1f4bf.png, perhaps you had the digital version), but nevertheless it was truly a boon which spared you not only the need to track Elika’s saves, but also for beating the game in 12 hours. This allows you to simply enjoy the game and work toward the seed collecting/combo checklist at your pace, finding everything by yourself, without resigning to a second playthrough dedicated to <100 saves and <12 hours.

No, it was the patch itself that caused the stat reset exploit - not the DLC.

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2021 at 3:47 PM, JorgeSleep said:

It looks like this thread is abandoned, but I'm leaving this info around here anyway.

Cool, added an entry for that. Hopefully someone finds a way to unpatch digital PS5 games.

And actually, the thread has been fully up-to-date afaik. Sometimes I take a week or so to update it, but it gets done. I just don't like to bump it to say "updated OP" for info that's already been posted, since 50+ users follow this thread and I'd like to annoy them as infrequently as possible.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Just curious.. I put in a new game into my PS3 and there's a patch for it, is there a way to cancel it?

Yup; from the FAQ in the OP:

How do I remove patches?

• PS3: Go to Game Data Utility and delete the data of your preferred game. Some digital games require you to delete and re-download the entire game to revert to v1.00, and some include the patches by default and are thus impossible to revert digitally. When you play the game and get prompted to update, just press circle to ignore it. It's possible to selectively patch some games by aborting the patching process before all patches have been downloaded.

You can also disable your PS3's network connection so that it doesn't keep prompting you to sign in or download the patch.

• Like 2

@hore I just noticed that Final Fantasy XV is not mentioned in the list (or did I miss it?) while it's one of the first games where people used patch reversion a lot.

In patch 1.27 they removed the comrades mode because they released them as a standalone game and this made all comrades trophies in the main FFXV list unobtainable.

The trophies in the standalone Comrades list are still obtainable without patch reversion.

There's also this walkthrough explaining what you can do best on which patch level:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/211428-final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades/faqs/77190/introduction

---

Also missing is Calvino Noir.

Before the final patch (1.02) 2 trophies were unobtainable: 'The Hunted Becomes The Hunter' and 'Pacifist'. Those trophies were fixed in patch 1.02 but you had to start a new savefile if you met the criteria before installing this patch.

After installing patch 1.02  2-3 coins were glitched (chapter 4 and 7) so you could not pick them up making 'Master Collector' and 'Ultimate Team' unobtainable if this final patch was installed.

If you collected those glitched coins before installing the final patch then you could still get those 2 trophies after installing the patch when you collect the final coin, I was lucky with that. 

Those glitched coins were never patched in the PS4 version, it was patched on steam I believe.

TL;DR on Calvino Noir

For the trophies 'Master Collector' and 'Ultimate Team' you have to collect the glitched coins on a patch level lower than 1.02.

The trophies 'The Hunted Becomes The Hunter' and 'Pacifist' only work on patch 1.02 (final patch) but you might need to start on a new save

More info in this topic, but it's a fairly long read as we were figuring things out in that topic:

• Like 1

On the road PS4 before patch 1.02 has a glitch making the 10k, 100k and 500k km driven with 1 truck easier. You can drive off a bridge and you'll have a higher speed than you can drive normally. Still takes about 55h to get to 500K kilometer. You also have to let the glitch run in a single session until you got the 500k trophy because the mileage will reset if you end the glitch.

You also get more reputation and money on patch 1.00 making the level trophies easier.

• Like 1

Just a small heads up on what you added for FFXV:

Final Fantasy XV   1) v1.27 removed the Comrades mode in favor of releasing it as a standalone game, so those DLC trophies are unobtainable unless you downgrade the patch [guide]. 2) There are several exploits on v1.00 that can save a number of hours [guide].

For part 2) the gamefaqs guide referring to version 1 is actually referring to version 1 of comrades in the game and that's patch 1.18 of FFXV, not v1.00.

From the guide:

It's recommended that you start by playing Comrades Version 1.0 (FFXV 1.18) in order to use some major time-saving bugs, then update to Comrades 1.2 (FFXV 1.26) to complete the remaining storyline content. 

In your current explanation it looks as if you have to revert the main FFXV game back to v1.00 but that's not the case.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking news:

Thief Simulator  |  The trophy 'A what?' became unobtainable on v1.03, and it was also unobtainable on v1.00, so you'll need to revert to v1.01 using this guide to achieve it. You'll need to start a fresh save and beat the game again, but fortunately the game is shorter on this patch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pistol Whip should be added to the list. In 1.0 almost all of the trophies glitch out and pop under weird circumstances or don't pop at all. Most of the harder trophies where the trophy description says "without (other) modifiers enabled" do in fact unlock with modifiers like "No Fail" or "Unarmed Enemies" enabled. Some easier trophies like "Finish the tutorial" or "Finish a scene on easy difficulty" don't pop at all but can be earned easily after patching the game to the latest version.

I just used the downgrade myself to unlock a lot of the harder trophies, you can check my trophy list + timestamps as a reference. Credit goes to this thread that made me aware of the glitches:

Edited by proud2bNs
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thief Simulator can be removed from the list. Patch 1.04 fixed the broken trophy.

Silence (AS) should be added instead. In 1.00 the trophy "Sherlock Holmes" was bugged. Patch 1.01 came out and fixed the issue, but glitched another trophy, which is "Done. First!".

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Super Blackjack Battle 2 Turbo Edition (Insured :silver:) needs to be added. On v1.00 Perfect :gold: was glitched/unobtainable, when patch v1.01 was released Perfect :gold: was fixed but in the process it made Insured :silver: unobtainable. I had at least 20 insured wins (trophy requires 5) on my v1.01 save, I was hoping if I got one on v1.00 then the trophy would pop, but unfortunately you have to get 5 again.

v1.01 Glitched Trophy

Edited by FallenRyan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Batman: Arkham Origins Initiation DLC thread

Dustforce (PS3 version) Finesse glitch on v1.0 making the game a 9/10 instead of 10/10. Explained in guide

God of War III invincibility glitch AKA "new game +" on unpatched version of the game. You need to have beaten the game once for this.

Spelunky 2 Speedlunky & low scorer shortcut exploit patched

Other mentions:

The time to get the platinum for Terraria & Stardew valley is much shorter on an unpatched version.

• Like 3

Super Pixel Racers

In version 1.0 the trophy list is a mess. Every unlock condition unlocks an incorrect trophy. I don't have a list of all of them, but the notable exploit is that the online trophy I am the Winner, which normally requires 8 players to boost, can be unlocked offline by completing the unlock conditions for Wrench and Hammer, repairing yourself 100 times.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 6:39 PM, A1rPun said:

Batman: Arkham Origins Initiation DLC thread

Dustforce (PS3 version) Finesse glitch on v1.0 making the game a 9/10 instead of 10/10. Explained in guide

God of War III invincibility glitch AKA "new game +" on unpatched version of the game. You need to have beaten the game once for this.

Spelunky 2 Speedlunky & low scorer shortcut exploit patched

Other mentions:

The time to get the platinum for Terraria & Stardew valley is much shorter on an unpatched version.

Thanks, I've added these. Do you have links for GoW3, Terraria, and Stardew that I can point people to?

21 minutes ago, hore said:

Do you have links for GoW3, Terraria, and Stardew that I can point people to?

GoW3 not explained on PSNP but there are discussions like these 1 2. This video explains the glitch in 5min.

Terraria only a discussion on PSNP. Not the actual changes. I do know the rarest trophies :silver: Armory & :silver: Pet Collector require much less before patch v1.3.

Stardew Valley The requirements for "X every Y" are much less on an unpatched version but the hardest trophy :silver: Fector's Challenge is easier on the lastest patch. Can't find any good source ATM.

• Like 3