Chapter 5, Part 4 - Need Help with a Glitch.

I died during the ambush that occurs just before the Spider's cave and after the game reloaded the enemies no longer appeared and I cannot proceed past the cave. Apparently connecting with someone online and doing the mission is the only way to continue the game, so if there is anyone else who is around that level then please let me know and add me on PSN.

My tag: Sir_Somerville

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to fix the Bug today, joined an online game and replayed chapter 5, this gave me the next location on the map after defeating the spider, Quite a few online-games around as the game is free on PS-plus

• 1 month later...

I hated that glitched, but the only fix is playing online. I can't help you now because I deleted the game from PS3, sorry! And good luck for finishing the story/getting 100%/getting platinum

Thank you!
Last time it worked completely random after I made the chapter an X number of times, so hope it will be the same again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've come across a similar glitch, but in 6-1. At the end of that chapter there should be a barrier, which serves as checkpoint, that should trigger a cutscene, leading to a mini-boss battle. Throughout the course of the whole chapter there weren't any lootable objects along the way, nor said barrier at the end. It just let's me walk through and the mini-boss doesn't appear, thus not letting me progress. Probably only way to sort it would find a game online, which have been scarce lately...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if before this mission, you could backup your save to the cloud or a usb and if the game glitches, delete the corrupted file and download your backup and try again.  I'll try to remember to back up my save shortly after starting chapter 5.