Removing Inactive players

They’re probably not going anywhere, if anything you should see them as an obstacle to pass without any effort, if you’re really that competitive. There’s also plenty of reasons for taking a long break. In 2016 I didn’t earn much at all cause I was having fun with a couple of multiplayers and was dealing with other things. 

14 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

They’re probably not going anywhere, if anything you should see them as an obstacle to pass without any effort, if you’re really that competitive. There’s also plenty of reasons for taking a long break. In 2016 I didn’t earn much at all cause I was having fun with a couple of multiplayers and was dealing with other things. 

I agree with that as well. In late 2016, early 2017 I barely played any PS4 at all. I think I was on for maybe a months worth of time out of the whole year. Then I came back and started playing a ton. Things happen, life happens, but earned is earned and they could always come back. And if they don't, consider it an easy pass.

Edited by OneSkillPoint

6 hours ago, AWPertunity49 said:

The same way trophies from yester-year games were MUCH easier to obtain than games now.  

Haha! Thanks for the laugh I needed that.

Trophies have never been easier. Back in the day the easiest games around were the likes of Hannah Montanna and Terminator. Whilst piss easy you still had to do stuff and it could take a whole sitting depending how long a session is for you. Nowadays we have dozens of sub-1hour platinums that take no effort. Whether it be Mayo, Slyde, skipping VNs etc. 

If an account is above you on the leaderboards and hasn't played for years they probably likely deserved that spot more than any of the new-school trophy hunters xD.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AWPertunity49 said:

The same way trophies from yester-year games were MUCH easier to obtain than games now. 

What's stopping you from obtaining these easy trophies from "yester-year"? It's not like trophy popping requirements change over time.

The only things I can think of are games being delisted (not sure how frequently that happens, and physical copies can still be found for most things), servers shutting down (I don't do online games, but I'm guessing these probably aren't "easier"), or not having the console (but that's not really an excuse imo).

15 hours ago, Bos10George said:

I like being in the top 1% of trophy hunters in the world. I see the inactive accounts as the bodies I have left in my wake to get where I am at.

@AWPertunity49 yo here's the best answer.Read it twice. 

15 hours ago, JSVilleneuve said:

Should we also work to remove the F1 titles from Fangio, Senna, Schumacher for example? They are not competing anymore...

Let's start a petition. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Do you think WR holders should lose their spot because they die or retire from their sport?

That's basically what I was thinking, like yeah they played at a different time when sports were not as regulated and whatever but it only makes it the more impressive when someone beats their records today. For us its the same, a patch might come out and make an entire game hard as balls to unlock a trophy but its only more impressive if you manage to do it with said patch (i know you can roll back to 1.0 versions of games today)

• Like 1

Hey I like knowing im above 1000 people. If you remove so many inactives im like only above 50.....no bueno dood! ? lololol.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
needed to add my laughte... lololol.

You want a higher rank in the leaderboard? Go unlock more trophies. You want to climb up the leaderboad faster? Go play some EZPZ games with a lot of stacks. Removing inactive players does absolutely make no sense - you will anyway overtake them over time. Getting  a higher rank in the leaderboard has a lot do to with endurance and dedication. You can't short-cut your way to #1.

23 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

Seems like a bad idea. The "inactive" players did just as much effort, or more since they are above you in the rankings.
Perhaps they will play again in the future, you just don't know.

Show some endurance and try to beat them in terms of trophies. 

Gotta agree. I would liken it to saying that we should remove the stats of players like Johnny Unitas out of the football records because they played a long time ago.

3 hours ago, Ptirle said:

Stupid idea, that would be like I didn't play anything at all. I want my grandkids to know what I played and generations after them.

LOL. Great post!

19 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Roll up your sleeves and earn your place on the leaderboard like everyone else homie

Image result for vanilla ice image

Edited by starcrunch061

There's no point in removing them from the leader board, however I agree that it would be nice to have a "cleaned" ranking, e.g. by implementing an activity filter. The last Trophy earned is already implemented, so it shouldn't be too hard. 

Edited by ombowombo