PUGB PS4 Version - Trophy Thoughts?

Fairly good mix of grind and challenge. If I stay with the game long enough to even get the platinum.

I really haven’t liked any other Battle Royale game, and I straight up hate Fortnite.

But BR games seem to be here to stay for the foreseeable future, so I might as well get on board with at least one of them.

A few friends are getting it, and I got it physically for a bargain price. So it’s worth a shot.

I’ve played the mobile version a bit, and won about 85% of the games. (Probably because I’ve got a controller hooked up, as opposed to using on-screen controls)

Edited by GizMo_The_Great
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stealth_Purist said:

And that would be a "true gamer"? 1f602.png

Well what I mean by this is that the dlc always contains more crap that people have to do, which goes more than above and beyond the amount of time needed to just get the main trophies. Look at what Naughty Dog did to Uncharted 3, and what Square Enix did to Final Fantasy 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarciaFever said:

Well what I mean by this is that the dlc always contains more crap that people have to do, which goes more than above and beyond the amount of time needed to just get the main trophies. Look at what Naughty Dog did to Uncharted 3, and what Square Enix did to Final Fantasy 15.

PUBG got maps and such since launch, and yet, they added no more achievements than the base list.

1 hour ago, EphemeralEcho said:

Does that make me a sadistic completionist? I never wait for DLC, and deal with the aftermath accordingly....

I would define that as a normal gaming attitude within the trophy "hunting" community. Deciding to play a game based on the difficulty of the DLC trophies means that there's something wrong with you ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Crushing said:

I would define that as a normal gaming attitude within the trophy "hunting" community. Deciding to play a game based on the difficulty of the DLC trophies means that there's something wrong with you 1f602.png

This is known as the Battlefield Hardline syndrome. Well ok not really, that's just how I like to name it. It's not an uncommon attitude among completionists.

33 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

This is known as the Battlefield Hardline syndrome. Well ok not really, that's just how I like to name it. It's not an uncommon attitude among completionists.

It's very sad though to prevent yourself from playing a game only because the trophies are too hard. Unless you play it on an alt, it means that trophies really fucked up your brain.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crushing said:

It's very sad though to prevent yourself from playing a game only because the trophies are too hard. Unless you play it on an alt, it means that trophies really fucked up your brain.

Well it's certainly not as extreme as you imagine. I never refrain from playing a new game that I really want to play, as my profile can tell. And then I'll have no problem dealing with the DLCs, however long and/or difficult, because I feel invested in the game (hello Rocket League !). But I only have a finite amount of time, and so many games to play.

Let's say a new game comes out and I feel mildly interested, but future DLCs are very likely. Typical example right now would be Battlefield V. I will delay that game and play something else until I have a clear vision of all trophy requirements. Because it takes only one fucked up DLC to kill the time that I could dedicate to one or two other games, and I simply don't want to take that risk for a game that's not on the top of my wish list. Plus, I can often get sweet deals on GOTY editions.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Well it's certainly not as extreme as you imagine. I never refrain from playing a new game that I really want to play, as my profile can tell. And then I'll have no problem dealing with the DLCs, however long and/or difficult, because I feel invested in the game (hello Rocket League !). But I only have a finite amount of time, and so many games to play.

Let's say a new game comes out and I feel mildly interested, but future DLCs are very likely. Typical example right now would be Battlefield V. I will delay that game and play something else until I have a clear vision of all trophy requirements. Because it takes only one fucked up DLC to kill the time that I could dedicate to one or two other games, and I simply don't want to take that risk for a game that's not on the top of my wish list. Plus, I can often get sweet deals on GOTY editions.

The key word is "mildly interested" here. I totally get what you say. I just hope that players don't prevent themselves from playing a game they really like only because of the trophies.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

“Completionists” 

noun
  1. (in a video game) player who attempts to complete every challenge and earn every achievement or trophy:I’m not really completionist, so I skipped the trophies i know i couldn’t get.

39 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

“Completionists” 

noun

1. (in a video game) player who attempts to complete every challenge and earn every achievement or trophy:I’m not really completionist, so I skipped the trophies i know i couldn’t get.

Interesting ? where did you get that definition from? (found it on dictionary.com)

Based on that definition I'm afraid there are very few completionists on this website, as most of those players who claim to be completionists "only" go for trophies, skipping the in-game challenges that won't give you any trophies.

Edited by Crushing
Update
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Crushing said:

Interesting 1f914.png where did you get that definition from? (found it on dictionary.com)

Based on that definition I'm afraid there are very few completionists on this website, as most of those players who claim to be completionists "only" go for trophies, skipping the in-game challenges that won't give you any trophies.

Yes, and that's a pointless distinction imo. This definition really should have a "or" instead of a "and". But whatever, I'm very happy being just a "trophy completionist" if that can spare me condescending posts from would-be linguists. (not talking about you obv.)

Edited by JeManquedHygiene
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Yes, and that's a pointless distinction imo. This definition really should have a "or" instead of a "and". But whatever, I'm very happy being just a "trophy completionist" if that can spare me condescending posts from would-be linguists. (not talking about you obv.)

Well, in my opinion that definition is pretty accurate: a completionist tries to complete everything, both trophies and potential in-game challenges. It's all pointless talk though, as long as someone is happy with his achievements, that's enough. ?

On 12/6/2018 at 6:22 PM, Trope Hore said:

can anyone confirm whether progress is stored online? that'd presumably make this an autopop

Your cosmetic stuff is stored on your Steam account.  Your stats are saved on the PUBG servers.  I don't know if trophies will pop like they do in FF14.  Not sure if they work like that.  Only one way to find out.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:58 PM, JeManquedHygiene said:

The scrub syndrome :hmm: Battlefield Hardline ain't even bad lol

• Like 1