Better PlayStation Series Uncharted or God of War?

JonAutomates

On 12/6/2018 at 5:03 PM, OneSkillPoint said:

I'm curious, I got into a pretty heated (fun but with strong opinions) discussion about Uncharted as a series vs God of War. In the room, were 6 people. 3 of them were very light/casual gamers, 1 was a bit middle of the road, and the last person, as well as myself, are pretty active gamers. 

In short, only me and the middle of the road gamer thought Uncharted as an entire series was better than God of War. The rest of the group swore up and down that God of War wasn't just better, but "LEAGUES" ahead, which to me is ridiculous. But after the conversation, the middle of the road gamer who agreed with me said God of War favors casual gamers because of it's over the top production. But Uncharted does the exact same thing just in a more human way, err sort of. 

I'm curious as to what people think on here. Both franchises, to me, are some of the best overall series ever made. I just think Uncharted as a whole edges God of War as an experience (for me). Does anyone agree/disagree? Is God of War better as an experience for you? 

Note: This isn't a right/wrong or one game is better than the other question. I'm just curious about what people think, in terms of their personal experience. I like looking at things in a different way, as sometimes that can help me appreciate or see something I wouldn't have noticed before.   

I've played every single GOW from the PSVITA, PS2, PSP, PS3 and PS4 and Platted all the Uncharted's from the PS3, PSVITA and PS4 so............My personal opinion unless they've played both series (They don't have to play the entire series but at least 3/4) they can't give an opinion on which is better. So many gamers saying this series is better then that series when they've only played 1 series and not the other. 

So I would say one is not better then the other. Both bring different aspects to their games and I really enjoyed both. 

Anyways that's just my opinion and maybe one day we will see a GOD OF UNCHARTED ?

• 3 weeks later...

For me, its God of War series all the way. Sure, Ascension is the worst of the 7 and Ghost/Chains ports from the PSP is when most people played those games. God of War has better everything. Story, graphics, game play, replayability, characters, uniqueness. God of War: Norse Life is by far the best of series and in my Top 5 favorite games of all time, a list that hasn't changed in 15 years or so.

An earlier post mentioned God of War series was for more casual gamers and I don't know a single casual gamer who plays the series. Every time I have tried to introduce a casual gamer to the series, it doesn't take. Not that the game is only for super hardcore gamers or overly difficult or complex, but its story line is a bit more then a casual gamer is looking for and its gameplay has more going on. It can be played as a hack n slash but there are many times you have to do more and this takes it out of the realm of something casual gamers might enjoy. Its puzzles, variety of enemies, weapons, magic, and collections bring a level of richness and depth that bring flavor to a game where you just square triangle your way through.