$250 and 15 gold bars to everyone that played RDO 'til midnight PST today

DarkKillerITA

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

Even though I have the platinum, I'll just claim that reward in-case future DLC gets trophies and needs that money. I hope this isn't their solution to the broken economy though, the prices are still absurdly crap. 

They are working on the economy, they updated the prices of things in the catalog today and are retroactively giving refunds if any are due to people who have already bought stuff.  So good on R* in my opinion.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Even though I have the platinum, I'll just claim that reward in-case future DLC gets trophies and needs that money. I hope this isn't their solution to the broken economy though, the prices are still absurdly crap. 

The economy is broken both on single-player and multiplayer. It's SUPER easy to earn money in SP and SUPER hard to earn money on multiplayer... There should be a middleground.

1 hour ago, bpmotard said:

The economy is broken both on single-player and multiplayer. It's SUPER easy to earn money in SP and SUPER hard to earn money on multiplayer... There should be a middleground.

It will be right once multiplayer is actually released and not just the Beta.

Edited by Feral

24 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

They are working on the economy, they updated the prices of things in the catalog today and are retroactively giving refunds if any are due to people who have already bought stuff.  So good on R* in my opinion.

How do you know they are "retroactively giving refunds"?  I see they have lowered some of the insane prices in the catalog for the more expensive guns to slightly less insane prices, but not much else.  For example, the Pump Action Shotgun I had to grind for 10+ hours has dropped from $444 to $266.  Where is my $178 refund Rockstar??  Since they are actively nerfing and patching out every possible way for us to grind $$$ and gold, this refund would be kinda helpful. 

I see the BS catalog still lies about the worm bait, implying you get 5 for $0.50, when they are actually $0.50 PER WORM.  But hey, who needs worms for fishing Salmon and Trout, when you just spend an entire gold bar on a single fishing lure!  Oh wait, it appears that Rockstar may have just now patched out the ability to buy the lures early with gold!  Sorry monkeys, you gotta spend $10 every time to fill up your worm bait, then watch as all the non-salmon and non-trout eat away your profits.  But hey, at least a worm is still cheaper than a can of baked beans!  Oh, and I see it's still $350 to upgrade a single ability card from Tier 1 to Tier 2.  BROKEN ECONOMY = ROCKSTAR PAY-TO-WIN MICAH-TRANSACTIONS INCOMING!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

Perhaps that's what they are trying to do. 

Perhaps you shouldn't treat the state RDRO beta is in as the state it always will be.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Narniak said:

How do you know they are "retroactively giving refunds"?  I see they have lowered some of the insane prices in the catalog for the more expensive guns to slightly less insane prices, but not much else.  For example, the Pump Action Shotgun I had to grind for 10+ hours has dropped from $444 to $266.  Where is my $178 refund Rockstar??  Since they are actively nerfing and patching out every possible way for us to grind $$$ and gold, this refund would be kinda helpful. 

According to the twitter post along with the $250 and gold bars, the refund should be back to you by the 14th.  I'm sorry I would provide the link but I'm at work and don't have access to it on the computer.

I am making almost 4x the amount of money in Big Series Matches and 3x in free roam missions than before. I am able to buy better weapons which are also much cheaper now. Selling stuff also gives way more.

Cant believe people are still whining 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mori said:

I am making almost 4x the amount of money in Big Series Matches and 3x in free roam missions than before. I am able to buy better weapons which are also much cheaper now. Selling stuff also gives way more.

Cant believe people are still whining 

They also nerfed hunting and fishing, so selling stuff is now not giving more, but in fact FAR LESS.  I just checked, and the value for salmon at the Butcher had dropped from $4 to $2.50.  Also, it looks like they may have eliminated the ability to pay for the fishing lures early by spending gold bars.

52 minutes ago, Narniak said:

Patience. They've only just rolled out this update, give them some time to refund you and everyone else that's in the same boat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feral said:

Patience. They've only just rolled out this update, give them some time to refund you and everyone else that's in the same boat.

Yeah maybe I can just do some relaxing salmon fishing while I wait for my refund.  SORRY, Rockstar just nerfed fishing so you can't make $$$ anymore!  Funny how their little BS catalog still lies about their ripoff price for freaking worm bait.  And of course it looks like they've removed the option of buying the fishing lures early with a gold bar.  

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the $250 and 15 gold bars is to help protect Rockstar from the massive backlash when they reset everyone's progress towards the end of next week.  Basically anyone who played the Beta starts anew with these amounts, and anything you earned over those amounts is wiped out.  I don't even care so mush about the $$$ and gold bars, because it's obviously not smart to try to hoard online currency when you're playing a Beta.  However, if Rockstar intends to reset all character EXP ranks they are going to have a DISASTER on their hands on par with Bethesda's Fallout 76 fiasco.

22 minutes ago, Narniak said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the $250 and 15 gold bars is to help protect Rockstar from the massive backlash when they reset everyone's progress towards the end of next week.  Basically anyone who played the Beta starts anew with these amounts, and anything you earned over those amounts is wiped out.  I don't even care so mush about the $$$ and gold bars, because it's obviously not smart to try to hoard online currency when you're playing a Beta.  However, if Rockstar intends to reset all character EXP ranks they are going to have a DISASTER on their hands on par with Bethesda's Fallout 76 fiasco.

That's not happening 

48 minutes ago, Narniak said:

Yeah maybe I can just do some relaxing salmon fishing while I wait for my refund.  SORRY, Rockstar just nerfed fishing so you can't make $$$ anymore!  Funny how their little BS catalog still lies about their ripoff price for freaking worm bait.  And of course it looks like they've removed the option of buying the fishing lures early with a gold bar.  

Lucky they stuffed fishing then so you don't need to worry about worms anymore.

18 minutes ago, Narniak said:

Rockstar is only going to reset stats if there is a game breaking glitch. They are not Bethesda. But hey don't let fact get in the way of the massive shit attack you're enjoying there.

26 minutes ago, Narniak said:

They have already said that they have no plans of resetting things...take your negativity somewhere else

• Like 2