XP Event Dec 17th-27th!!

stu_0089

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:13 AM, klair88 said:

Was hoping it would be double but it seems to be only 50% from the 17th to the 27th. I am level 35 and even getting to there was a massive grind. Level 50 Trophy is all I have left to do

I agree, but every little bit helps.  I'm only level 27 I believe so I feel your pain.

Sigh... seems like I'll never finish off this platinum. I have a couple of trophies I can get pretty much any time and level 50, and that's it. I'm level 26 and there's no way I'm spending the 100+ hours it would take to get to 50. 50% bonus?!? Give me a break...

On 12/18/2018 at 9:20 AM, ONUOsFan said:

Sigh... seems like I'll never finish off this platinum. I have a couple of trophies I can get pretty much any time and level 50, and that's it. I'm level 26 and there's no way I'm spending the 100+ hours it would take to get to 50. 50% bonus?!? Give me a break...

Yea 50% bonus is better than nothing.  I only play this game when there is bonus xp and I'm at level 30 right now.

• Like 1

The grind goes by faster if you're actually having fun. It only took about 150 hours. I was averaging about 16-20k points a game without boosts. Easily averaging 35k with 2x. I primarily played Galactic Assault about 85% of the time. I was disappointed when I got to level 50, because people were describing it as a way worse grind than it was. Hopefully they add another level cap like in Battlefront 2015, but not 100, maybe around 70 or 75. But maybe that's just me. I'm going to use this event to level up some heroes and ships.

Some of you look like you're having a tough time. Maybe some tips will help you guys with this. Try using the Officer. I personally stopped using the Officer a while ago (around level 30), because I thought it got points way too easily and was just cheesy overall. Use the cards Officer's Presence, Bounty Hunter, and either a Battle Command card or Turret MKII. You don't really need the Improved Flash Grenade as the basic Flash Grenade is OP. When you use the Flash Grenade you can airburst the grenade or detonate whenever you want before the fuse runs out, press the button you used to throw it (L1) as it's in the air or just when it lands. The FG can kill people if they were hit with a blaster before and does about 100 damage if you detonated it around them. I main Assault now.

When you're playing GA as the Dark Side pick Bossk. If you get him early in the match, you can get 30k without boosts, if you play your cards right. Don't be too aggressive with him. Use hit and run tactics. Jump into a room when your cards refill. Take out your Grenade Launcher (R1+L1), then throw the Dioxis (L1) in before you enter, as you enter jump and throw your proxy mines as you jump over people. You're guaranteed to get at least one kill and a few assists every time you do this. That plus all the damage points you get, you should get about 1000-1200 points every time you do this. This works better in smaller to moderately sized rooms. In huge open rooms/areas, your chances of death go up exponentially. You don't have to do this every time, as waiting for the cards to refill will take a while. But I always try to pair using my Grenades with the Dioxis Cloud. Dioxis goes through walls, and reveals people to you through walls as well. Try to lead people when you shoot your grenades, because the grenades don't shoot as fast as blasters. Bossk is the only Hero that can refill their health fully, but it heals slowly. A card can help with this if you're in your Dioxis Cloud, you'll heal about 30 health per second if you have the Epic version of the card. I like to jump around and hipfire his Relby. It does about 60 damage hipfiring, if you aim and shoot with charging it only does 20 damage. A fully charged shoot while zooming does like 180 to the chest and like 250 for a headshot. Now if you get Bossk early and are too good, games will end in the first round, as the Dark Side is usually defending, because Bossk can lockdown entire halves of the map. This has become a problem for me. So instead I started letting the opposite team get the objective if they are under 25 respawns, that's the bar on the top of the screen. I advise you to do the same.

Now as some people mentioned, HvV is good for getting points. Now don't use Lightsaber Heroes if you're going for points. Damage points always outweigh kill points in this mode. Blaster Heroes or Palpatine are the way to go. Stick together in HvV. If you get separated and aren't Vader, RIP to you.

Add me if you want to play sometime. I play GA and HvV mostly.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ONLINEGAMR360 said:

The grind goes by faster if you're actually having fun. It only took about 150 hours. I was averaging about 16-20k points a game without boosts. Easily averaging 35k with 2x. I primarily played Galactic Assault about 85% of the time. I was disappointed when I got to level 50, because people were describing it as a way worse grind than it was. Hopefully they add another level cap like in Battlefront 2015, but not 100, maybe around 70 or 75. But maybe that's just me. I'm going to use this event to level up some heroes and ships.

Some of you look like you're having a tough time. Maybe some tips will help you guys with this. Try using the Officer. I personally stopped using the Officer a while ago (around level 30), because I thought it got points way too easily and was just cheesy overall. Use the cards Officer's Presence, Bounty Hunter, and either a Battle Command card or Turret MKII. You don't really need the Improved Flash Grenade as the basic Flash Grenade is OP. When you use the Flash Grenade you can airburst the grenade or detonate whenever you want before the fuse runs out, press the button you used to throw it (L1) as it's in the air or just when it lands. The FG can kill people if they were hit with a blaster before and does about 100 damage if you detonated it around them. I main Assault now.

When you're playing GA as the Dark Side pick Bossk. If you get him early in the match, you can get 30k without boosts, if you play your cards right. Don't be too aggressive with him. Use hit and run tactics. Jump into a room when your cards refill. Take out your Grenade Launcher (R1+L1), then throw the Dioxis (L1) in before you enter, as you enter jump and throw your proxy mines as you jump over people. You're guaranteed to get at least one kill and a few assists every time you do this. That plus all the damage points you get, you should get about 1000-1200 points every time you do this. This works better in smaller to moderately sized rooms. In huge open rooms/areas, your chances of death go up exponentially. You don't have to do this every time, as waiting for the cards to refill will take a while. But I always try to pair using my Grenades with the Dioxis Cloud. Dioxis goes through walls, and reveals people to you through walls as well. Try to lead people when you shoot your grenades, because the grenades don't shoot as fast as blasters. Bossk is the only Hero that can refill their health fully, but it heals slowly. A card can help with this if you're in your Dioxis Cloud, you'll heal about 30 health per second if you have the Epic version of the card. I like to jump around and hipfire his Relby. It does about 60 damage hipfiring, if you aim and shoot with charging it only does 20 damage. A fully charged shoot while zooming does like 180 to the chest and like 250 for a headshot. Now if you get Bossk early and are too good, games will end in the first round, as the Dark Side is usually defending, because Bossk can lockdown entire halves of the map. This has become a problem for me. So instead I started letting the opposite team get the objective if they are under 25 respawns, that's the bar on the top of the screen. I advise you to do the same.

Now as some people mentioned, HvV is good for getting points. Now don't use Lightsaber Heroes if you're going for points. Damage points always outweigh kill points in this mode. Blaster Heroes or Palpatine are the way to go. Stick together in HvV. If you get separated and aren't Vader, RIP to you.

Add me if you want to play sometime. I play GA and HvV mostly.

Yeah I played the game for fun and don’t remember a grind at all, but I can understand why it might feel like a chore to someone who’s not as into it. HvV is definitely the best for points, though it’s the mode I usually get tired of quickly.

• Like 1

There’s a 2XP in Feb with the new heroes. I am 37 now but I plan on getting to 40 before this XP boost ends and then hopefully do 40 to 50 during 2XP. 

This has been the worst XP grind I’ve ever seen in a game and I’ve done a good few long games. Best of luck everyone in the journey 

1 hour ago, klair88 said:

There’s a 2XP in Feb with the new heroes. I am 37 now but I plan on getting to 40 before this XP boost ends and then hopefully do 40 to 50 during 2XP. 

This has been the worst XP grind I’ve ever seen in a game and I’ve done a good few long games. Best of luck everyone in the journey 

So it’s quite a bit longer than the Rank 100 of the last SWBF?  I don’t think I am going to pursue it as some of the miscellaneous trophies look obnoxious and I could not get into this game. Something feels very off/lacking.

i much preferred Battlefront 1’s mp.  Better modes, maps, progression system, and star cards/hand.  

Hopefully Battlefront 3 will be better.

Edited by djb5f