Iron Mutant trophies

FateorDestiny

Hi everyone!

I have two questions I was hoping someone could shed at least some light on that might be further than me in the game. For the QA have suffered trophy beating the game on very hard with iron mutant losing no members, can a person get downed still? Like can a character get downed to where they have a turn counter to bleed out meaning you can actually be a bit more risky or heal them before they die? Or does it mean that no characters can get downed or killed?

Second question is around Selma's entangle ability and tanks. I've noticed in my playthrough a few times that tanks only seem to get rooted for 1 turn even though her ability says it roots for 2 i think? Anyone else notice this? 

Thanks for the advice! :) Going to livestream my iron mutant playthrough once I get a bit more practice.

I just beat the game on Very Hard with Iron Mutant without dying, 2 of the 3 trophies popped. I didn't get the "QA have suffered" trophy. So it's either glitched or you have to beat the game without any character going into the bleed out phase and possibly without them getting mind controlled or knocked down.

3 minutes ago, Jauxan said:

I just beat the game on Very Hard with Iron Mutant without dying, 2 of the 3 trophies popped. I didn't get the "QA have suffered" trophy. So it's either glitched or you have to beat the game without any character going into the bleed out phase and possibly without them getting mind controlled or knocked down.

Ah, that sucks. At least the dev seems good about patches. Hopefully they fix it if it is a glitch (although it would make the "QA have suffered" part pretty ironic).

Hi guys. Sorry for my english. English is not my first language.

On 07/12/2018 at 8:05 PM, Jauxan said:

I finished the game and received the platinun trophy. In my Very Hard Iron Mutant Playtrough I didn't use the Mind Control Margus's Ability. I think in XCOM games, I don't remember if in XCOM 1 or XCOM 2, enemies in "mind control possession" when dies count like a character death. So this is possible here.

And in my playtrough my characters never went in bleedout phase and knocked down by Tanks.

Edited by fernando_sato
Insert more information.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fernando_sato said:

Hi guys. Sorry for my english. English is not my first language.

I finished the game and received the platinun trophy. In my Very Hard Iron Mutant Playtrough I didn't use the Mind Control Margus's Ability. I think in XCOM games, I don't remember if in XCOM 1 or XCOM 2, enemies in "mind control possession" when dies count like a character death. So this is possible here.

And in my playtrough my characters never went in bleedout phase and knocked down by Tanks.

Cheers man. I was just about to post what you told me but you beat me to it haha.

I also finished the game on Very Hard with Iron Mutant but one character did go into bleed out phase once and I used the hell out of Mind Control, didn't get "QA have suffered!". I was hoping it was a glitch but what Fernando is saying makes sense, I just wish the trophy description was clearer (going into bleed out phase is not the equivalent of losing a crew member).

Devs have talked about adding NG+ in the near future so I might wait until then for another playthrough. Game's great and not too long I just wish traversal was way faster (or at least be able to fast travel without the game crashing every other time and corrupting your save file).

I can confirm that getting into "bleed out mode" does not void the QA has suffered trophy.

I got downed several times during the final fight, managed to heal them back up before finishing combat and I did get the trophy.

I should add that I never used Magnus once during my playthrough on Very Hard, so it's probably the mind control thats messing with the trophy.

Edited by Misshandlad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Misshandlad said:

I can confirm that getting into "bleed out mode" does not void the QA has suffered trophy.

I got downed several times during the final fight, managed to heal them back up before finishing combat and I did get the trophy.

Huh. What about Mind Control? Did you use it? And did any enemy happen to die while you were controlling them? One of my characters died by the explosion of a MIMIR Z600, I couldn't heal them back up since the fight ended with the explosion, I wonder if I didn't get the trophy because the fight ended before I could heal the character, still shouldn't count as a death, though, since they get back up with 1 HP if the fight ends while they're downed.

9 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

Huh. What about Mind Control? Did you use it? And did any enemy happen to die while you were controlling them? One of my characters died by the explosion of a MIMIR Z600, I couldn't heal them back up since the fight ended with the explosion, I wonder if I didn't get the trophy because the fight ended before I could heal the character, still shouldn't count as a death, though, since they get back up with 1 HP if the fight ends while they're downed.

I added it on my initial post, but I never used Magnus at all during my playthrough so No, I did not use Mind Control.

2 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

Thanks for the update! So you didn't use it at all? Did any of your characters went into bleedout phase or played it safe and avoided that as well?

Never used it and I did go into bleed but I never ended a fight with one still in bleed just in case.

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

Can you use save backup? I assume you can, but I'm asking for clarification. 

And is this game harder than XCOM? I platted XCOM back on PS3. It wasn't that hard if you knew what you are doing. I wonder if this is as hard as that or easier? 

Yes you can back up your saves with cloud.

As for difficulty, this game is pretty easy. Early game was the only difficult part for me as I had to rely on RNG to kill off stragglers (get a crit or proc burn on an enemy to get that last dmg before they alert the group). Aside from that, once you get 2 boomsticks, its pretty easy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...