PSN NA Game Awards Sale

majob

Once again "Hey everyone get HYPED and preorder our games...because there totally won't be like 2 dozen sales a couple of weeks after they release"

Seriously these same games were on sale at Black Friday and will be on sale on Boxing day as well. WHY DO PEOPLE PREORDER AAA GAMES IN OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Once again "Hey everyone get HYPED and preorder our games...because there totally won't be like 2 dozen sales a couple of weeks after they release"

Seriously these same games were on sale at Black Friday and will be on sale on Boxing day as well. WHY DO PEOPLE PREORDER AAA GAMES IN OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 

Time is more of a factor than money for some.  Then there are some games some people really, really like.

There are tons of games I want to play as soon as possible and will buy them day one/pre-order.

If gaming is just about budget to you then so it. That's not the case for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Time is more of a factor than money for some.  Then there are some games some people really, really like.

There are tons of games I want to play as soon as possible and will buy them day one/pre-order.

If gaming is just about budget to you then so it. That's not the case for me.

But often if you just wait a month you can buy 2 games for the price of 1 new game. 

Companies keep cutting more and more stuff out of their games and releasing them as fractions of what they used to be and people keep lining up to put more and more money down to buy less product. THEN they have the gall to drop the price on them a couple of weeks later and not even apologize for it.

It is about respect for the customer that most companies just don't have any more.

• Like 2

I don't know what the fuck you're on about "respect for the customer".

It's a free market and sales happen. You aren't being disrespected by a sale or a standard price.

Here's the fun thing. I have bought games on sale and pre-ordered other games. That's just how big this industry.

Choice shouldn't be a hard concept to understand nor should it be upsetting that not everyone acts the way you do.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I pre-ordered Odyssey because I love the series and wanted to play it day one. When I saw the sale on black friday, I was a little miffed but I also acknowledged the fun I had when I played the game three days before release and stopped caring.

30 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I'm with you. Some people are just blindly fanatical. And if that's their perogative, fine. I just can't wrap my head around it.

• Like 4

I'm actually curious about one of the games in the sale:

The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories

Anyone have experience with it? I watched the trailer and it looks bad ass, but I've never so much as heard of it before... strange to see it in an awards sale (assuming that the games in this sale are either being nominated for awards currently or have won them in the past).

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

To anyone wondering:

Save the chemical energy in your fingers by not even bothering to click on the link. The sale is an embarrassment. 

Sorry I failed. On the plus side, the only thing I see that's decent is Life is Strange: Before the Storm for $5.00

5 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Sorry I failed. On the plus side, the only thing I see that's decent is Life is Strange: Before the Storm for $5.00

That is only the first episode is it not?

EDIT: Oops..I was looking at Life is Stange 2. which was only episode 1.

Edited by gruffiiti

44 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

But often if you just wait a month you can buy 2 games for the price of 1 new game. 

Companies keep cutting more and more stuff out of their games and releasing them as fractions of what they used to be and people keep lining up to put more and more money down to buy less product. THEN they have the gall to drop the price on them a couple of weeks later and not even apologize for it.

It is about respect for the customer that most companies just don't have any more.

Yeah, but then you have to wait an extra month. A WHOLE MONTH!!

Seriously though, I'm in the same boat as you. It's much better to just wait for a sale. I can understand buying the occasional game at launch, like I am absolutely getting Smash Ultimate tomorrow, but there's no real reason to buy more than one game at a time. I feel like if more people did that, and stopped buying games at launch and stockpiling them, at least some of these anti-consumer policies that companies have developed will slowly go away. Because if more people are waiting for sales on the complete versions of the game and just buying one game at a time, that means they'll be making less money. And since they'll be making less money, they will be all but forced to do things like release complete games in order to get people to pay full price again.

• Like 1

while i looked at what is available think i'm going to stick with my original purchase on friday. since that's the day when i know flash sales happen and i doubt it will be this week.

though the truth is dishonored 2 came close to being picked out.

Edited by kingdrake2

2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Seriously though, I'm in the same boat as you. It's much better to just wait for a sale. I can understand buying the occasional game at launch, like I am absolutely getting Smash Ultimate tomorrow, but there's no real reason to buy more than one game at a time. I feel like if more people did that, and stopped buying games at launch and stockpiling them, at least some of these anti-consumer policies that companies have developed will slowly go away. Because if more people are waiting for sales on the complete versions of the game and just buying one game at a time, that means they'll be making less money. And since they'll be making less money, they will be all but forced to do things like release complete games in order to get people to pay full price again.

Or a majority of companies will go bankrupt :dunno:

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I got Battlefield V for under $30 this week :lol:

As for the sale, I'll cop Celeste.

10 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I'm with you. Some people are just blindly fanatical. And if that's their perogative, fine. I just can't wrap my head around it.

9 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

It is this new generation of gamers. Seriously look at how games were done even 10 years ago and it is shocking how far we have fallen.

10 hours ago, majob said:

I pre-ordered Odyssey because I love the series and wanted to play it day one. When I saw the sale on black friday, I was a little miffed but I also acknowledged the fun I had when I played the game three days before release and stopped caring.

You know 3 days before release date used to be called "release date" more and more games are coming out on Friday with a "play it 3 days before' but games used to come out on Tuesday so now you are just playing it on time instead of late.  And even if it is actually 3 days earlier...is that really worth the price you could have saved if you bought it a few weeks later?

That is another thing that is being taken away from us...just like costumes, bonus modes, the entire game available at once. Now we pay for the privilege for all those things and with the invention of loot boxes we are now paying for the privilege of maybe obtaining all of those things...or maybe not.

• Like 4