majob

PSN NA Game Awards Sale

33 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

To anyone wondering:

Save the chemical energy in your fingers by not even bothering to click on the link. The sale is an embarrassment. 

Oh you hate every sale.  Admit it.  :P 

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

It is this new generation of gamers. Seriously look at how games were done even 10 years ago and it is shocking how far we have fallen.

You know 3 days before release date used to be called "release date" more and more games are coming out on Friday with a "play it 3 days before' but games used to come out on Tuesday so now you are just playing it on time instead of late.  And even if it is actually 3 days earlier...is that really worth the price you could have saved if you bought it a few weeks later?

That is another thing that is being taken away from us...just like costumes, bonus modes, the entire game available at once. Now we pay for the privilege for all those things and with the invention of loot boxes we are now paying for the privilege of maybe obtaining all of those things...or maybe not.

I miss costume side quests and unlockable bonus modes so much. That's one of the biggest reasons I've been so against the Tales of series from Xillia onwards. They took out all the fun little post game costumes and side quests, and instead you just pay for all the costumes and have none of those fun extra character interactions. It also makes the games significantly shorter and light on content. That's just one example too. There are so many more. I find myself playing more and more older games lately, because they're complete, dont have issues, and have a ton of stuff to do.

Nope. Waiting for Christimas, altough Doom is appealing to me but i can get the game here in Mexico in a used merchandise store. You can be surprised what little goodies you can get at accessible and low prices.

4 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I miss costume side quests and unlockable bonus modes so much. That's one of the biggest reasons I've been so against the Tales of series from Xillia onwards. They took out all the fun little post game costumes and side quests, and instead you just pay for all the costumes and have none of those fun extra character interactions. It also makes the games significantly shorter and light on content. That's just one example too. There are so many more. I find myself playing more and more older games lately, because they're complete, dont have issues, and have a ton of stuff to do.

Right. 

One of the best parts of Goldeneye was getting better and better at levels to unlock the cheats. I still remember when my brother finally unlocked invincibility it was one of the best moments in gaming. 

I did the same with Invisibility where I actually skipped the afternoon of school because I was trying for it at lunch and was on such a roll getting my time down I didn't want to break my concentration. Actually funny story about that day. I ended up earning Invisibility and the phone rang. Thinking nothing of it I picked it up only to find myself talking with my teacher who told me to get back to school and he wouldn't tell my parents ^_^ 

genderfield isnt $7 yet? well, ea showed us i guess. *watches the females pack up the office and load the trucks from across the street*