Resident Evil 3 Remake Already in Development (Rumor)

DarkLordSHTR

34 minutes ago, shopo said:

Very likely to happen. But I am getting a bit tired of remakes, remmastered versions, DLCs and lack of creativity... Nostalgia sells very well

considering that the RE2 is not a remake i doubt that the RE3 would be a remake as well. Probably just a be an adaptation of RE3 just like the part 2 we are getting.

But i do see where you are coming from on that and I do have to agree as long as the game is fairly new. Older games I can see being re-released for new audiences that did not have a chance to play them back in the day.

I would say anything from PS2 back is fine as a Remaster, remake or an adaption.

just to clarify I am not dissing on the RE 2 adaptation but i do wish folks would stop calling it a remake since it is not a remake it is an adaptation. It is still on my Gamefly list of games to play.

Edited by Void

6 minutes ago, Void said:

considering that the RE2 is not a remake i doubt that the RE3 would be a remake as well. Probably just a be an adaptation of RE3 just like the part 2 we are getting.

But i do see where you are coming from on that and I do have to agree as long as the game is fairly new. Older games I can see being re-released for new audiences that did not have a chance to play them back in the day.

I would say anything from PS2 back is fine as a Remaster, remake or an adaption.

just to clarify I am not dissing on the RE 2 adaptation but i do wish folks would stop calling it a remake since it is not a remake it is an adaptation. It is still on my Gamefly list of games to play.

I think that it is a remake. The same game but new graphics and new gameplay. It was announced as a remake back in 2015/16 and it is being sold as a remake for 2019 lol. Adaptation...? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shopo said:

I think that it is a remake. The same game but new graphics and new gameplay. It was announced as a remake back in 2015/16 and it is being sold as a remake for 2019 lol. Adaptation...? 

the original announcement was listed as a remake, then when they showed it this year Capcom (and the team making the game) stated that it is a "New game based on Resident Evil 2" which means it is an adaptation or re-imagining of the original game.

1 minute ago, Void said:

the original announcement was listed as a remake, then when they showed it this year Capcom (and the team making the game) stated that it is a "New game based on Resident Evil 2" which means it is an adaptation or re-imagining of the original game.

Thats just a lazy way of saying that they are making the same game again but with new "improvements" and mechanics so they can sell more. It is just a remake lol

2 minutes ago, shopo said:

Thats just a lazy way of saying that they are making the same game again but with new "improvements" and mechanics so they can sell more. It is just a remake lol

it is definitely not a remake, it is too different from the original to be considered a remake. It is like comparing Total Recall (1990) to Total Recall (2012). Yes some of the base elements are the same but they are drastically different overall. RE2 (1998) is drastically different from RE2 (2019) in many ways making it a different game with a similar story. Saying it is an Adaptation or RE-Imagining would be the correct terminology to use in this case.

4 minutes ago, Void said:

it is definitely not a remake, it is too different from the original to be considered a remake. It is like comparing Total Recall (1990) to Total Recall (2012). Yes some of the base elements are the same but they are drastically different overall. RE2 (1998) is drastically different from RE2 (2019) in many ways making it a different game with a similar story. Saying it is an Adaptation or RE-Imagining would be the correct terminology to use in this case.

It is a remake bruh

• Like 1

Remake in games is when the game keeps the same gameplay and storyline, improved graphics, new music but they add/changes elements, i.e. a minor boss from the original suddenly becomes bigger/harder, the final boss gets a new/alternative final form etc. or add new areas. Resident Evil Remake is, huh, a remake. Resident Evil 2 is a reimagining... it has the locations of Resident Evil 2 but it has a different gameplay and new enemies/areas/characters, they also had to change some story elements.

Remaster is when they get a game (usually from the PS2/DC/GC/Xbox era and beyond) and improve the resolution, framerate, fix small bugs, but the game looks and feels the same, but it's not a punch in the eyes to watch it on modern screens, in some cases they add (or remove!) online modes, or use these remasters as excuses to bring previously Japan-exclusive content overseas, i.e. the "International" versions of Kingdom Hearts and some post-FFX Final Fantasy titles.

Then there are things "in the middle" called "Remaster Plus" like the recent Crash Bandicoot and Spyro collections. They took PS1 games, that usually aren't "remaster" material, and gave them PS4-level graphics and rearranged music, maybe doing some small gameplay additions/improvements in the case of Crash (i.e. Relics in Crash 1 and 2, Coco being playable in all games, changes to Bonus Rounds etc.), but other than that they are exactly like their first versions.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Void said:

I tried to help but I cannot do anything about ignorance.

I mean, the definition of "remake" is make something again, or differently, so it could easily be argued that the new Resident Evil 2 is a remake. Don't insult others because you have a differing opinion. 

Parker

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Void said:

I tried to help but I cannot do anything about ignorance.

Ignorance is bless. Cmon dude it is a remake. What about the Resident Evil remake of the first one from psx. It was a remake, right? This is the same shit but with the gameplay from the modern Resident Evil era lol (RE4, 5, 6...) Anyway everybody is gonna reffer to it as a remake, just like the devolopers did so who cares lmao

10 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Who cares what terminology you want to call it? Remake... remaster...  what’s important is it’s probably going to be amazing!  

And we get to hear “Stars” I’m HD audio now :)

Yes! Lol they keep adding new terminology. Adaptation, re-imaginory, remake, remmaster, remmastered plus, a remake from the remmastered version which is at the same time an adaptation from the re-imaginory of the original game ?

• Like 1

I have stated the facts and I will not argue with you since you refuse to accept it.

2 minutes ago, Parker said:

I mean, the definition of "remake" is make something again, or differently, so it could easily be argued that the new Resident Evil 2 is a remake. Don't insult others because you have a differing opinion. 

Parker

not insulting over a different opinion, I have stated facts and since they are not accepted I made a statement that i cannot help with ignorance. There was no insult involved.

I think video games are the best medium to do remakes for, due to how quickly tech and design philosophies progress.

Except maybe music, because Cover Songs are popular and easy enough to produce and update into a new genre or something like that.

One medium I'm not fond of remaking is film, unless you do something real different like with Scarface - yeah, the Pacino Scarface is a remake and bears little resemblance to the original. But most of the time, there's very little that can be added by just remaking a film because there's only so much that can be done without fundamentally changing everything.

5 minutes ago, Void said:

I have stated the facts and I will not argue with you since you refuse to accept it.

not insulting over a different opinion, I have stated facts and since they are not accepted I made a statement that i cannot help with ignorance. There was no insult involved.

I gave the literal definition of remake and the new Resident Evil 2 easily fits that definition, so I have stated the facts as well. It would be correct to call it a re-imagining too, but remake is perfectly fine as well. Just agree to disagree instead of calling others ignorant because they don't agree with you. 

Anyway, let's keep this thread on a possible remake of Resi 3 instead of talking about the new Resi 2. 

Parker

• Like 4

I've always wanted to play RE2 and RE3 especially. I've only played RE1 (on DS), RE5, and RE6 which most say are the weakest in the series. Hopefully, the rumors are true though. Not a day 1 purchase, but it will be on my radar.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07