Resident Evil 3 Remake Already in Development (Rumor)

DarkLordSHTR

7 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Nostalgia does sell well. But you are discounting countless people that weren't about or at a point in their lives where the games their based on was a thing. There are literal generations of folks between the RE3 original and a potential remake. None of which would quantify a remake as nostalgia selling well. It's a fresh experience for them.

I'm 100% okay with remakes, there are absolutely great stories in video-games which were conceived at a time where technology wasn't able to reflect their quality. If a remake means i'll get to see a story retold with the benefits of modern gaming technology, i'm all in. Also, there is literally no such thing as a new idea. Just new ways to express it. 

Very well said sir, I hear everyone talk about how Resident Evil is great, I am 21 and never had the chance to play those games because by the time I started becoming interested in video games PS2 was already out and I was playing Crash on PS1 before jumping straight into Crash on PS2 and all those kids games. Resident Evil Remake on PS4 to me is a new game, actually I never played any of them and i’ve always said that if they get the main series of games with trophies i’ll go back and see what all the fuzz is about, I am glad to hear that Resi 3 is coming because that’s the last one missing. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Soufwar said:

Very well said sir, I hear everyone talk about how Resident Evil is great, I am 21 and never had the chance to play those games because by the time I started becoming interested in video games PS2 was already out and I was playing Crash on PS1 before jumping straight into Crash on PS2 and all those kids games. Resident Evil Remake on PS4 to me is a new game, actually I never played any of them and i’ve always said that if they get the main series of games with trophies i’ll go back and see what all the fuzz is about, I am glad to hear that Resi 3 is coming because that’s the last one missing. 

You can just download the original Resident Evil games from the ps store. I got the 3rd one and Code Veronica. Did not had the chance to play those in the past

5 hours ago, shopo said:

You can just download the original Resident Evil games from the ps store. I got the 3rd one and Code Veronica. Did not had the chance to play those in the past

Did you read the part where I said “with trophies”? 

Yes, I know they’re all on the PS Store but 2 and 3 still don’t have any version with trophies, RE 2 is coming so that’s taken care of, still need RE 3 out before I play any of them. 

On 12/6/2018 at 6:59 PM, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Great! Now we need something else to moan and pester campcom with. Very rare these days I bother pre ordering games to buy ASAP but resident evil 2 is a must!! 

I just really like your name, just wanted to say that! We all need more Bioshock buddy. I am right there with ya lol 

On 12/6/2018 at 5:03 PM, Void said:

the original announcement was listed as a remake, then when they showed it this year Capcom (and the team making the game) stated that it is a "New game based on Resident Evil 2" which means it is an adaptation or re-imagining of the original game.

Anyone who makes this argument is being needlessly pedantic.

20 hours ago, Soufwar said:

Did you read the part where I said “with trophies”? 

Yes, I know they’re all on the PS Store but 2 and 3 still don’t have any version with trophies, RE 2 is coming so that’s taken care of, still need RE 3 out before I play any of them. 

You’re doing a disservice to yourself if you don’t play the originals because they don’t have trophies. They are truly wonderful games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLakota said:

Anyone who makes this argument is being needlessly pedantic.

You’re doing a disservice to yourself if you don’t play the originals because they don’t have trophies. They are truly wonderful games. 

I never played any of them, and I am not going to play any of them until RE 3 gets a remaster with trophies, i’ve always been interested in this franchise but I am not going to play it until RE 3 is finally done and out. 

I’ve looked them up and apparently there’s the main series which is what’s most important and then the spinoffs which aren’t considered canon. RE 1-7, Re 0, Code Veronica, Revelations 1 and 2 are what I need to play. I have a few of them now but I am still not going to bother until 3 gets trophy support because committing to a franchise as big as this will take years of gameplay. 

I have a criteria to choose which games I want to play, with so many good ones out all the time, i’d rather my games have trophies to shorten that pool of games even more. 

1 hour ago, Void said:

Or there could be an underlying reason that causes someone to use the correct/specific wording.

The only reason I can think of is to be pedantic, or "more correct" on the internet. 

@Soufwar it sucks you won't give the original games a chance. I promise you they're fun even without trophies as it's the journey that's fulfilling in the end, not the "ding". We will have to make a bet on GTAIV races, with the loser playing a game of winner's choice. :)

Just now, Soufwar said:

I am reporting you for toxic behavior. 

Just let it go. No harm no foul. 

I remember playing this in high school at my friends during lunch break and after school. Good times so I hope it's true.

But first, RE2. I never got a chance to play that one.

4 hours ago, Void said:

Or there could be an underlying reason that causes someone to use the correct/specific wording.

I am curious as to what they will do will RE3 RE-Imagined but we will have to wait and see.

You can keep calling it re-imagined, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a remake to everybody but you.  Same game name, same general storyline = remake.  If they want to change the story to be something completely different, they can give it a new name or call it part 2

4 hours ago, Soufwar said:

I never played any of them, and I am not going to play any of them until RE 3 gets a remaster with trophies, i’ve always been interested in this franchise but I am not going to play it until RE 3 is finally done and out. 

I’ve looked them up and apparently there’s the main series which is what’s most important and then the spinoffs which aren’t considered canon. RE 1-7, Re 0, Code Veronica, Revelations 1 and 2 are what I need to play. I have a few of them now but I am still not going to bother until 3 gets trophy support because committing to a franchise as big as this will take years of gameplay. 

I have a criteria to choose which games I want to play, with so many good ones out all the time, i’d rather my games have trophies to shorten that pool of games even more. 

I don't understand your logic. As you say it will take years of gameplay so why not start now rather than wait for 3 to come out and what does it matter if one installment in a franchise doesn’t have trophies? Everyone will know (and in this case will be very impressed) if you've done all the games possible or not. I've only played the first remake and a bit of RE2 and some games are just worth playing regardless of their trophy situation, and especially independent of other game's trophy situations which is the point where trophies really begin to harm your experiences imo. 

• Like 1