Crash Team Racing Nitro-Refueled Announced (June 21, 2019)

Ghost

9 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

These two SHOULD have been included on the pack, for $40

Instead of just 1 game for $40

Activision being Activi$ion once again.

I agree with @charlijaen. Now we have only one game for trilogy price and there is another 'deluxe edition' for 60$ -,- Money, money, money...

Not sure why anyone would want CTTR bundled in with this. CNK I understand, CTR was awesome on PS1 and CNK did follow it up okay on PS2, it was nothing amazing but it did no damage, just more of the same. But the later PS2 game CTTR was awful, it was one of the games during Crash's bigger downwards spiral and it was frankly awful.

But hey, people trash on the Legend of Spyro trilogy and I loved them, so, I can understand how it feels to be in that niche that enjoyed the later games what most consider to be well and truly beyond the death of a franchise.

7 hours ago, Conker said:

Day 1 for sure, so hyped. Can we next have Crash Bash done a very underrated Crash game 

It wasn't made by Naughty Dog like the original trilogy & CTR were, that's why it didn't score as well or review aswell. There's never been a demand for it either unlike CTR so I can't see it happening.

That said, I did very much enjoy the game (Crate Bash was my favourite mode, Space Bash specifically) & if it did happen, I would definitely pick it up.

People forget that CTR has way more replayability than any of the 3 remakes of Crash Bandicoot and an online mode + local MP. 40€ is a decent price! 60€ Special edition is just pointless, but what effs.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Erkawest said:

What are the Nitro kart racing tracks? I could only see CTR ones in the trailer

1. Papu's Pyramid

2. Crash Cove

3. Polar Pass

4. N. Gin Labs

5. Mystery Caves

6. Dingo Canyon

7. Tiny Arena

8. Tiger Temple

9. Slide coliseum / Turbo Track

10. Sewer Speedway

I guess the hype made me blind lol But yeah, i really thought i saw some NK tracks in there.

Still, i hope they make a Nitro Kart remaster as well in the future if this one sells well.

EDIT: They could still add in the tracks though, after all, the game is called "Nitro-fueled". Also, the fact that they have Nitro Kart skins make me hope for at least a track DLC.

Edited by Oblivion

PS4 has a wide variety of games, but it was always missing a good kart racer, so I'm really glad to see this making a comeback. I loved the game as a kid - definitely preferred it over Mario Kart. I mentioned this in a different thread, but this was the only time I recall hoping they add multiplayer into a game and they actually delivered. Can't wait! :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

Added into the game will be the addition to play as villain Nitros Oxide, who is unlockable via Adventure mode challenges.

Players can also purchase the Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Nitros Oxide digital deluxe edition, which will unlock Nitros, his Hovercraft kart, space-themed character skins for Crash, Coco, Cortex, and more.

Nitro-Fueled's standard edition will cost $39.99, while the Nitros Oxide Edition will cost $59.99

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

ctrnf-reveal-beforeafter1-1544151492696.

ctrnf-reveal-beforeafter2-1544151492698.

ctrnf-reveal-2-1544151492692.jpg

ctrnf-reveal-3-1544151492693.jpg

ctrnf-reveal-1-1544151492700.jpg

So N. Oxide will unlockable through challenges but can instantly be unlocked by cash? 

Skins for $ 20?

• 3 months later...

Things just got more epic!

CTR nitro fueled will have all the tracks from Nitro Kart included! That means moooore tracks and characters for us all!! Why are they so good to us ???

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will include all 13 tracks, remastered karts, battle arenas, and battle modes from Crash Nitro Kart in addition to all of the content from Crash Team Racing, publisher Activision and developer Beenox announced. The tracks have been adapted to match the original Crash Team Racing experience.

Activision also announced that the PlayStation 4 version of Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will feature exclusive retro content, including Retro skins for Crash, Coco, and Cortex, Retro karts, and a Retro track. Additionally, PlayStation 4 users who pre-order Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will receive an exclusive PlayStation-themed sticker pack to customize their karts in the game. The PlayStation 4-exclusive items, including the themed sticker packs, will be available at launch.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2019/03/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-adds-crash-nitro-kart-content-ps4-exclusive-retro-skins-karts-and-track#t7RcGtDAzVT7oHYV.99

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-adds-crash-nitro-kart-content-ps4-exclusive-retro-skins-karts-and-track

On 2018-12-07 at 3:21 PM, Oblivion said:

I guess the hype made me blind lol But yeah, i really thought i saw some NK tracks in there.

Still, i hope they make a Nitro Kart remaster as well in the future if this one sells well.

EDIT: They could still add in the tracks though, after all, the game is called "Nitro-fueled". Also, the fact that they have Nitro Kart skins make me hope for at least a track DLC.

On 2018-12-07 at 0:58 PM, Dr_Shaneman said:

Hell yeah, can't wait!

The inclusion of the CNK tracks just makes it even better.

You guys knew it !

• Like 1

I wonder if they add 60fps/performance mode for all consoles. Should be easy to do as they are already doing 4 player splitscreen modes. 60fps is my only remaining wish for this, but the whole package still looks really good.

Edited by item112z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anybody know if you will be able to get/purchase the CTRNK themes for the PS4 after release? Not sure if I want to buy it physical or digital, as you get themes with the digital... Has anybody preordered on the store? What themes did you get?

This one doesn't seem to be announced on the preorder

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Does anybody know if you will be able to get/purchase the CTRNK themes for the PS4 after release? Not sure if I want to buy it physical or digital, as you get themes with the digital... Has anybody preordered on the store? What themes did you get?

This one doesn't seem to be announced on the preorder

I think is only pre-order