The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe

Putting this here, as it mentions consoles, so one will have to assume the PS4 will be one of them:

Can't wait for them to put in another 5 year achievement into the game with no real way of getting it than actually having to wait 5 years to do so.  Would really mess up trophy hunters for sure :P

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Putting this here, as it mentions consoles, so one will have to assume the PS4 will be one of them:

Can't wait for them to put in another 5 year achievement into the game with no real way of getting it than actually having to wait 5 years to do so.  Would really mess up trophy hunters for sure :P

What do you mean The Last Of Us 2 is coming out next year? the whole room died laughing when we were watching this lol 

I was hoping for this game to eventually end up on consoles, glad to see it’s finally happening.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

How about this: Add the 5 year achievement but secretly make it unobtainable. Have people wait 5 years for the ultimate anticlimax.

Edited by Happy

One of my favorite games period.  Only took me about 3-4 hours to see everything I wanted/needed to see in the game... but I can't think of another game that made me as intensely focused to find every nook and cranny, even if it didn't last much longer than an evening or two (though the impact of it stayed with me).  It was just pure, fascinating, fourth wall breaking exploratory/narrative fun.  Looking forward to experiencing it again, along with all the new content!

Here's hoping it comes with a physical release for my collection. :)

Edited by Dreakon13

9 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yup, there's an achievement on the Steam version called "Go Outside".  It basically involves not playing the game for 5 years, that's all xD

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/221910/achievements

Given the large number of games that I have left alone for years at a time, I am totally digging that trophy idea.

• 3 years later...

Only took them 3 more years than expected! It'll be fun to wait for 5 years to get a trophy :D

The expanded re-imagining of the critically acclaimed, award winning indie game The Stanley Parable comes to PS5 and PS4 on April 27, 2022!

Edited by Cruscah
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruscah said:

Only took them 3 more years than expected! It'll be fun to wait for 5 years to get a trophy :D

I'm sure most of that time was spent upping the graphics on the broom closet ending. It's going to push the hardware to the limit to render it in all it's beautiful glory!

10 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I like how this developer released one game nine years ago, disappeared off the face of the earth, and then decided it was time to make more money and decided to rerelease the same game again.

Still, it's a good game, and it's been long enough I wouldn't mind replaying it.

It's also an expanded version (the script for the new content is longer than even the original game's).

Can't wait to play this one but let's hope they don't include the five year or speedrun trophy/achievement 

There is also one for leaving the game running for an entire day on Tue but I'm assuming you'd be able to leave the game suspended in rest mode because there is no way someone will let their console run for 24 hours

24 minutes ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

There is also one for leaving the game running for an entire day on Tue but I'm assuming you'd be able to leave the game suspended in rest mode because there is no way someone will let their console run for 24 hours

I've already done multiple trophies that required running my console for more than 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...