A noob that wants to achieve the platinum

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

I'm sorry for my English skills but I am Italian lol

Huge foreword: I already have huge troubles to achieve all gold medals on Easy difficulty in Driveclub, but I anyway love racing games. 

Dirt Rally is on sale at 7,99€ in EU Store for PS+, I know this game is very good but considering my huge lack of skills (and most important, Driveclub is not even a racing game with off roads/rally routes so huge difference about car controls, breaks and hand brake, those things...), achieving the platinum trophy or at least an A completion will be very hard for noobs? 

Second question: Dirt 4 platinum is easier? 

Thank you! 

Well I loved Dirt games but I was playing the older ones on Xbox, Dirt Rally is pretty tough, it will take some practise and dedication but you will be able to get trough. If I was able to platinum Catherine which took me 2 years +, you will plat Dirt as well. And also, Dirt 4 is easier from what I've heard. Also platinum rarity speaks for itself. Rally is less then 2%, and 4th is almost 9%.

• Like 2

DIRT Rally is clearly the better game so don't even think about playing DIRT 4 instead ?

I think DIRT Rally isn't as hard as most people say, or at least the learning curve is not that bad and frustrating as many claim. If you play this game step by step you will achieve the platinum without ever being stuck or something. DIRT Rally has one of the best trophy lists ever because 90% of it comes naturally on your way of becoming a skilled rally driver.
Just recently I gave my copy of the game to a friend who basically never played any racing-game before – some Need for Speed games maybe. But he managed to complete all the hard stuff without even hunting trophies. 

• Like 3

To be honest, I didn't find Rally to be tough at all. The game itself is rather difficult compared to other racing games, but the trophies are easy. You can do all the championship on the lowest difficuly, the online trophies are boostable and all the miscellaneous stuff will either come naturally or is just fun to go out of your way to do. If you're just after an A completion, it should be fairly trivial, given the low completion percentage (20-25% should be enough).

On 15.12.2018 at 0:18 PM, Cjshai said:

I would do Dirt 4 first. It is a fun if long game. I think you will find Rally very frustrating, it is significantly harder. 

DIRT 4 is a completely different game. DIRT 4 is arcade DIRT Rally is quite close to a simulation. DIRT Rally is the exact opposite of frustrating if you enjoy getting better at something. 
To be honest I didn't like DIRT 4 much, the randomized tracks have been the worst idea Codemasters ever had. It's ok for view hours but will bore pretty much everyone in the long run. Just check on Steam  how many people still play DIRT Rally and than how many DIRT4 – numbers don't lie. 

On 19.12.2018 at 9:58 PM, black__bunny said:

I think I read on the forums here the plat for Dirt 4 is unobtainable atm as there are no daily events which is required for one of the trophies. Just in case you care about the plat.

What about Dirt Rally? Platinum is obtainable right now without a problem? I asked this question like couple of times here and still no answers...

7 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

What about Dirt Rally? Platinum is obtainable right now without a problem? I asked this question like couple of times here and still no answers...

Both games working fine. The problem DIRT 4 had has been fixed. DIRT Rally never had any problems. If you are a good driver you will have no problems at all. If not you can boost everything very quickly. The community event trophies could be problematic since the overall skill-level in the community is higher now than two years ago but its still possible. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO