About atelier series

This Atelier Sophie has mutiple endings or an annoying timer? I like to explore everything in a game (so i always take a LONG time to complete RPGs), and since the first atelier Iris on ps2 (that i really like because of its simplicity) i don't play an atelier game because of mutiple endings or a timer which makes me nervous. These are the 2 main things that made me turn away from this series.

Can you tell me if there is (or are) any atelier game on ps4 that's linear and has no annoying timer? Thank you!

There are time mechanics, but you don't have time limits. What I mean by time mechanics is that there are days of the week and times of day, and certain monsters and ingredients only spawn at certain times, but you will never fail the game if you take a long time with something.

And, yes, there's only one ending in Sophie, and you can still continue playing the game after you've seen the ending. There are also no missables iirc.

For Firis and Lydie+Suelle, those games are similar.

Firis has a VERY generous time limit for the first part of the game, but then after you're done with that, you can take as much time as you want with everything else; Firis does have multiple endings, but you're allowed to fulfill the requirements for all of them and then pick which one you want to view (so just load up a save right before you pick). I think there's only one missable in this game, but if you play a NG+, it's pretty quick to get if you missed it the first time around.

Lydie+Suelle kind of returns to the feel of Rorona or Meruru where you're given tasks to complete, but you don't have time limits on them (only one has a time limit, but again, it's a very generous time limit). There are also multiple endings in this game that work similarly to Firis, but you'll want to have a couple save slots as I believe there's one or two that will lock you out of the others. Apart from that, I don't believe there are any missables.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How I don't see this thread before? ?

I understand you cuold feel overwhelmed with the time limite and a lot of thing to keep in mind while play old games like Arlanad serie or the first two Dusk game, but at the same time the essence of Atelier is, presicely that. You can play Sophie without a problem, it's a nice game and the first inside the Mystery trilogy, after you can follow with Firis and Lydie-chan and Suelle-chan, you don't really need play it in order, but since some plot are conected and some character appear here and therer maybe you should start with the first game (Sophie)

Also if you want try with Escha and Logy, it has time limite but with a guide is a pleasant experiencie and to me is the best Dusk game without a doubt! (I hope see soon a Dusk trilogy on PS4 like Arlanad ?)