Freezing when exiting Safeguard/Wargames

iLL-Mortick

So for the last couple of days I started Safeguard solo, and everytime I leave, exit or the mtch ends it will give me a black screen and stay like that. 

For me to use the ps3 again, I need to hold the power button for 5 seconds to restart. This is annoying af since I'm trying to get the eggs. 

Tried Google, but so far none of the forums can provide an answer.

Anyone has a fix for this please?

11 minutes ago, iLL-Mortick said:

I haven't had any other problems with Extinction, not yet done campaign tho so not sure if that has issues also. 

scratches on the disc are usually what causes issue like that though, I use to freeze if I tried playing snd on bo2 on my xbox so I borrowed a disc and installed it to my system and that solved the problem. 

Also modified games tend to have that issue too, but it's rather frowned upon to do that in the trophy community and honestly with how cheap ps3 games are it is kinda pointless unless you live in middle of no where but that's my view on it.  But i'm assuming you aren't one of those people who pirate games so most likey what I said before. Just have a look at the disc, give it a clean if need be and see if that helps. Also dirty lasers on the console can affect that so if you have a say CECH4000 / Super Slim then you can easily clean you laser with a alcohol wipe or tip with a bit of rubbing alcohol 

Edited by Xorhi

17 minutes ago, Xorhi said:

scratches on the disc are usually what causes issue like that though, I use to freeze if I tried playing snd on bo2 on my xbox so I borrowed a disc and installed it to my system and that solved the problem. 

Also modified games tend to have that issue too, but it's rather frowned upon to do that in the trophy community and honestly with how cheap ps3 games are it is kinda pointless unless you live in middle of no where but that's my view on it.  But i'm assuming you aren't one of those people who pirate games so most likey what I said before. Just have a look at the disc, give it a clean if need be and see if that helps. Also dirty lasers on the console can affect that so if you have a say CECH4000 / Super Slim then you can easily clean you laser with a alcohol wipe or tip with a bit of rubbing alcohol 

Really? Seems too easy imo, but I will clean the disc and hopefully that does the trick!

Not using pirated games, and using a PS3 Phat version, not good with PS3´s as I never played them until I started trophy hunting.

Thanks for the tips

6 minutes ago, iLL-Mortick said:

Really? Seems too easy imo, but I will clean the disc and hopefully that does the trick!

Not using pirated games, and using a PS3 Phat version, not good with PS3´s as I never played them until I started trophy hunting.

Thanks for the tips

hopefully that will help you out, just mentioning the laser as a  console gets older the laser tends to get dirty and slowly burn out.

Mean my old fat ps3 still works fine but i've had to do some maintenance a few times over the years due to issues with the system.

Another thing to watch out for if you console is going quite slow and randomly dropping frames is the hdd its self. I use to do system repairs and those things where one of the common issues i'd deal with. But that wouldn't be the issue in your case.

Edited by Xorhi

3 minutes ago, Xorhi said:

hopefully that will help you out, just mentioning the laser as a  console gets older the laser tends to get dirty and slowly burn out.

Mean my old fat ps3 still works fine but i've had to do some maintenance a few times over the years due to issues with the system.

Another thing to watch out for if you console is going quite slow and randomly dropping frames is the hdd its self. I use to do system repairs and those things where one of the common issues i'd deal with. But that wouldn't be the issue in your case.

Tried cleaning the disc a bit and retried a Wargame, but no luck, still freezes me in a black screen.

The disc itself I would consider above average condition with one little noticeable scratch, guessing that´s the issue then?

Just now, iLL-Mortick said:

Tried cleaning the disc a bit and retried a Wargame, but no luck, still freezes me in a black screen.

The disc itself I would consider above average condition with one little noticeable scratch, guessing that´s the issue then?

hard to say, and I assume you would have the most recent patch yes? worst come to worse i'd say try another copy of the game. Though I've had some dealings with some faulty disc over the years. Use to be common on ps1 and 2 to by a disc preowned and need to return it even though it didn't looked scratched. Have had it happen with new games but that is very rare 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xorhi said:

hard to say, and I assume you would have the most recent patch yes? worst come to worse i'd say try another copy of the game. Though I've had some dealings with some faulty disc over the years. Use to be common on ps1 and 2 to by a disc preowned and need to return it even though it didn't looked scratched. Have had it happen with new games but that is very rare 

I would assume so myself, but I can´t say for sure haha

I´ll see if I can just close the game once I get the egg on the map, and just redo that until I got ém all. Much more timesaving than the black screen atleast

thanks for the help bud!

Update: 

So, I tried closing the game before the match ended to see if I was successfully exploiting the game but instead it black screened and my PS3 made a resetting sound and started to reset/on-off. 

Still less time than first black screen method, but still annoying af 

Also, when I did this the egg does not read as count, so will have to redo it 

Edited by iLL-Mortick