How many DLC will be released?

I keep coming back to this and seeing more DLC being added. I'm pretty impressed by the amount of content they are producing for this. I'm planning on hopefully making a start on this and the previous two games before the end of the year. Shadow is shaping up to be a beast of a Trophy list, can't wait to get stuck in!

7 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I keep coming back to this and seeing more DLC being added. I'm pretty impressed by the amount of content they are producing for this. I'm planning on hopefully making a start on this and the previous two games before the end of the year. Shadow is shaping up to be a beast of a Trophy list, can't wait to get stuck in!

I do wish I'd waited for the DLC to release before playing it. Rise's DLC was all side content and each piece felt complete on its own. Shadow's DLC is just extra tombs and missions set during the campaign. If you've already played the game and gotten the plat it feels kind of bizarre to go back to the narrative in the middle of the game and help characters who are fighting the boss you killed half a year earlier. 

So yeah, I'm also looking forward to being done with it. The new tombs are good, but they don't at all make me feel that returning to the game for a couple of hours every month is worth the bother.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Thermopyle2 said:

I do wish I'd waited for the DLC to release before playing it. Rise's DLC was all side content and each piece felt complete on its own. Shadow's DLC is just extra tombs and missions set during the campaign. If you've already played the game and gotten the plat it feels kind of bizarre to go back to the narrative in the middle of the game and help characters who are fighting the boss you killed half a year earlier. 

So yeah, I'm also looking forward to being done with it. The new tombs are good, but they don't at all make me feel that returning to the game for a couple of hours every month is worth the bother.

Oh man I had no idea it was all integrated. I can see how that might be a bit weird if you'd already played through the main content wrapped around it. Glad I have it on hold then :)

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Oh man I had no idea it was all integrated. I can see how that might be a bit weird if you'd already played through the main content wrapped around it. Glad I have it on hold then :)

What's cool about the tombs is that you can play them in coop, even with people who don't have the dlcs. A lot of the tombs are built for two players, since there's some entry ways that require two people to open. 

8 hours ago, Thermopyle2 said:

5 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

This irritated me to no end. I don't know if it was mentioned at all that these DLC were to take place before the story ended, but it wasn't until a few tombs in I started realizing certain things. :facepalm: 

Admittedly I did have a lot of fun with them though. xD Path of Huracan is still my favorite.

2 hours ago, SeaDragon777 said:

I didn't start playing the game.. should I wait until they finish releasing all the DLCs?

I reckon the latest DLC was actually the last one. I read somewhere (besides this thread) that they were planning to release 7 of them so that’s it. I was waiting for all the DLC to be out as well to start playing this game!

On 4/19/2019 at 9:57 AM, Thermopyle2 said:

#cutContent 

2 hours ago, SeaDragon777 said:

I didn't start playing the game.. should I wait until they finish releasing all the DLCs?

Thats what Im doing. Also you should wait until after all the DLC before playing on the hardest because you cant change it back from what I read. Unless you want to do them all on that setting or plan on doing just 1 play through lol...

5 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

So, i finished DLC, but there is still gap for "coming soon" content. Wasn't "Path home" supposed to be the final DLC for SOTR?

Same here. According to their post-game, SOTR was gonna get 7 DLCs. Maybe it's just some free additional content. As long as they don't have more trophies, I'll be happy. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sten_dardo said:

I noticed that The Path Home is only available for Season Pass owners. Does anyone know when it’s available for everyone?

If I remember right this last dlc is exclusive to season pass owners 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rwd1997 said:

Eh, the season pass was discounted last week, so surely some people took the chance to buy it. 

6 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

So, i finished DLC, but there is still gap for "coming soon" content. Wasn't "Path home" supposed to be the final DLC for SOTR?

Been wondering that for some months, since there's always been 8 slots. Wonder if it'll be another season pass-exclusive tomb. 

2 hours ago, Sten_dardo said:

Ouch, that would be a real bummer. I bought all of the other DLC’s separately...

Same ! No way i'm gonna pay 30 euros for the season pass even though i'm a 100% completionist, its a waste of money IMO...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rwd1997 said:

If that's true that's absolute bullsh!t! First I've heard of it. I've been buying individually!

Also doesn't make any sense as a practice given that buying the episodes separately is roughly the price of the season pass anyway. Like I'm going to buy a season pass now just for the sake of 1 episode when I've already spent £24 on the DLCs before now. A real kick in the teeth to the customer.

Just absolute horsesh!t.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JPageMartin36 said:

If that's true that's absolute bullsh!t! First I've heard of it. I've been buying individually!

Also doesn't make any sense as a practice given that buying the episodes separately is roughly the price of the season pass anyway. Like I'm going to buy a season pass now just for the sake of 1 episode when I've already spent £24 on the DLCs before now. A real kick in the teeth to the customer.

Just absolute horsesh!t.

it is a pretty bad thing to do with the customer, gladly i bought the season pass when it had a discount but not everyone will have the chance. 

In the Description from the season pass it says:

The Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Season Pass includes the following content:
- 7 challenge tombs 
- 7 weapons, outfits, and skills
- Multiple narrative side missions
- 1 of each of the above will be exclusive to the Season Pass

So the last one it is really exclusive to season pass, I really hope they chance this stupid regulation, especially because involves trophies and a lot of people did not know about this

• Like 1