Suggestion: Add comments to trophies

7 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

boosting thread tips...i don't know how many times I've seen a tip that is basically "I need this guys...add me...psn id : xX_killer_geezus_Xx"...

This times a million. So annoying

I've seen this so many times it's ridiculous. That and comments where people start arguing with each other

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mekktor said:

That's not even close to true. No guide can cover the same amount of ground as tips from various other perspectives. Just look at the other sites to see how useful comments can be in addition to the guide. Alternative methods, more detailed methods, updated methods as exploits get patched etc. Plus you can get actual feedback on what works or doesn't work from other comments instead of having to blindly trust that the guide writer knew what they were talking about. Guides would only be enhanced by the addition of trophy comments/tips.

I see what you are saying, but that's when you can just put it in the comments section and have it discussed there. It's practically the exact same thing you just described.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sanetsuken said:

I say "chance" because very often I see a guide mentioning hard mode for instance, and instead of providing accurate pointers for a difficult section, boss or whatever else, it's more or less summarized into "hard mode is not that hard, just do what you've been doing and you should be fine".  Which is not what you read a guide for to begin with. I can't even imagine the headache I'd get if I ever needed one of these guides.  

It's rare that I see someone else mention this, but I just wanted to add that I've also seen this much too often. It defeats the entire purpose of a guide, really.

Edited by GameOverComesAll
  • Like 1

In essence trophy tips can be extremely valuable when used correctly. On here I've found incorrect information in guides and sometimes very vague information that I then have to look at other sources for. Sure I could contact the author and tell them but who knows what kind of a response you may receive.

On this site, while it was being used, I saw a lot of posts along the lines of "Do exactly as the trophy description says" or words to that effect. In fact, in comparison to .org I found the tips people wrote here to be extremely poor and I can understand why it was removed. Not that .org is always great, too many instances of "Add me xxxx"

So whilst I appreciate the value of tips I'm pretty sure I know the reality of what they'd really become. Better to use trueachievements or .org for more detailed analysis.

For trophies which do not have a guide, perhaps just a section called "Recent forum posts on <trophy name>" with a default filter/query on the (thread titles of a) games forum could be added to the trophies' page.

If the list would be empty a button "Create thread for <trophy name>" could be added, which would generate a thread with a default title like "Tips for <trophy name>. This would also support simple searches for all trophy tips on a single game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Comments for trophies would be great, like it was before. It was called "Tips" if I recall? 

Just add those back, let poeple upvote or downvote each comment and it will be nice.

Best voted comments on the top, and comments with many downvotes will automatically hide.

Guides are great, but not every game has it and not everyone wants to write whole guides.

And when somebody knows how to get specific trophy in easy way than something like "Tips" would be best, just updated to current standards :)