Network error

theSpirae

14 hours ago, Single_Shade said:

Is anyone else having this problem while opening the gear crates as well? I've successfully opened 7 out of 11 crates, the other 4 disappeared after a network error. Might just hold off on them until they fix it.

Yes. I assume you just lose them but I haven't been able to see if I actually got new items from one when that happens.

Network errors have thus far tacked on several hours to this platinum for me. I'd stop and just wait to see if they fix this mess, but I'm so close I might as well get it done.

Edit: Finally got my 250 gear. I was 1 away and I opened a crate and got one of those connection errors and the trophy didn't pop. Then it popped on my next successful crate that I had to level up yet again to obtain. So, unless my counting was off then I'm pretty sure you just get robbed of a crate when you get a connection error when opening one. I believe I also had this happen when purchasing items with coins, but I don't remember if my coins got robbed or not.

At any rate, if you're getting connection errors when playing this game, don't bother playing. Wait until this gets sorted out because you're just going to have to put an additional amount of time equal to the amount of time you spend offline if you want to get all the trophies.

Edited by Jay_Cash

6 hours ago, Jay_Cash said:

Yes. I assume you just lose them but I haven't been able to see if I actually got new items from one when that happens.

Well the very first two I opened had the error, and when I checked the gear tab there were no new items, so I think it's safe to assume that you just lose them completely.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 5:39 AM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Most likely due to the increase of users. Probably a 200% increase in capacity.

i had issues doing the campaign with a friend but they come and go for us.

Much more, i bought the game on launch and servers were empty a month later, they didn't prepare well for the amount of people joining. I came back for the eat dirt trophy(easier for me on mp rather than custom) so i can get the platinum. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I got my new items from the network error during a loot crate. It was awful tonight. Lost lots of progress doing campaign with a friend and the one loot box. We gave up on it for now.

Had less issues before but seems to be way worse now! 1f612.png

This might be a dumb question but how did you confirm you got the new items from the crates? Just asking as I opened three crates last night and got network errors for all of them.

9 minutes ago, Starrk_01 said:

This might be a dumb question but how did you confirm you got the new items from the crates? Just asking as I opened three crates last night and got network errors for all of them.

I opened a crate before it and memorized the items I had gotten. The second crate gave me the error code so I noticed the three other items that weren’t in the first. Only opened two. But whose to say if it was just luck on my end that it didn’t take the items away, or if it does give your new items each time we open a crate and get the error code. Hopefully the later. :)

I know, let's tie every piece of progression to our online servers, what could possibly go wrong? 

How about your fucking servers don't work and you start hemorrhaging players until your game is dead and everybody hates you. 

If I hadn't got this game via ps+ I'd be seriously pissed right now. As it is I'm just pissed enough to never play your game again and advise everyone else to follow suit.

2 hours ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

I finished the long tournament for the founders trophy. It popped as intended, but then I got a network error. Turns out, the stars did not count and I have to redo the entire tournament. Not to mention that would have also netted me the Ubertags trophy. Fun, addictive game but holy shit do the servers blow.

Finished a tournament as well just to see a network error instead of the finish screen. Well I guess they have to keep players playing their crap game somehow. What a joke of a game tbh...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

Haven't gotten a single network error and I am currently level 65 so I opened 60+ gearboxes

I didn't have any issues until this past weekend. My first three or four days have been issue-free. No gameplay crashes, no issues with crate opening. The influx of players must be finally catching up with the servers.