Network error

theSpirae

This is the game I enjoyed til this thing starts to happen. Had to redo twice the same offline event and “accept” the network error, without any previous warning, because the progress from that event was “lost”. I also lost 2 loot crates after this error.

This is the kind of game that free = expensive. Looks like I have to wait til the next free PS+ are released so people stop playing this game and server get better - cause I don’t see Codemasters fixing this shit, just like Micro Machines -_- 

• Like 2

On 12/18/2018 at 0:51 AM, i-kicked-a-brit said:

I finished the long tournament for the founders trophy. It popped as intended, but then I got a network error. Turns out, the stars did not count and I have to redo the entire tournament. Not to mention that would have also netted me the Ubertags trophy. Fun, addictive game but holy shit do the servers blow.

Hi it's me again. Yesterday I literally had no issues. I was able to finish all the events and get all stars. Game didn't crash on me when I was opening crates. Not sure why it worked fine yesterday. Seems as though it's a hit or miss with the servers. Regardless of that, it's still a super fun game. Just hope that the servers will be fixed.

Tuesday was the first day I played because I got sick of RDR2 Online.  Got nothing but network errors.

Wednesday (yesterday) I didn't experience a single network error at all.

Today I'm experiencing one network error every 15-30 minutes.  I've lost crates, I've lost challenge progress, I even completed a tournament (it took over 15 minutes) and won, only to get a network error before the completion screen could appear.  I went back and discovered that the tournament was listed as unplayed. 

I love the game, but I can't tolerate network errors like this. The errors wouldn't be so bad if Deep Silver had at least had the foresight to cache progress locally so that it's not lost if it can't be sent to the server.  I don't really understand why it needs to wait til the end of the race before sending certain progress data to the server.  If I complete a challenge in the first match of a tournament, the server should be told about it immediately.  It shouldn't be waiting until the entire tournament is complete before trying to send it.

On 8 December 2018 at 11:10 PM, theSpirae said:

I'm getting network error every freaking game. Any ideas what's wrong with this game?

I'm getting it to it was fine till I reached the snowbound and superstar chela he's, and what makes it worse if it don't tell you on the main menu it makes you do the damn race then aye network error, why not just drop you out a race instead of making you do a hard challenge only to finish with a network error, typical codemasters bs??

Just now, afc-razor-84 said:

I'm getting it to it was fine till I reached the snowbound and superstar chela he's, and what makes it worse if it don't tell you on the main menu it makes you do the damn race then aye network error, why not just drop you out a race instead of making you do a hard challenge only to finish with a network error, typical codemasters bs1f624.png1f44e.png

Superstar challenges* my bad.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The developers have understood how to make players happy. What could be nicer than to add an always-on to this garbage game? Hopefully other developers will take an example from this practice and add an always-on for more singleplayer games. Cyberpunk as always-on, Kingdom Hearts as always on, Sekiro as always-on. That's what I expect from 2018/2019. Horrible games, with horrible game design and constant disconnections. Thank God this game sold out terribly.

I don't mind them selling optional add-ons to fund their game.  However, it doesn't alter the fact that the networking is garbage, the multiplayer has critical bugs and the ranking system is poorly thought-out.  It's a shame because there is a great game underneath it all.  I uninstalled it last week.  One trophy short of platinum.  Just short of platinum ace in multiplayer too.  Life is too short to battle a system that keeps de-ranking you because of bugs and networking problems and not through any fault of your own.