Site ad issues

33 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah it is annoyingly the fault of our ad provider and ultimately a bug with Google Adsense that people putting out advertisements are abusing

Apparently sometimes within the next week our ad provider is supposed to release something to squash these pesky things - we shall see! :P 

To be fair, I've noticed this same as pop up on multiple gaming sites.

On 5/2/2019 at 5:38 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

To be fair, I've noticed this same as pop up on multiple gaming sites.

Adblock Plus is your best friend here with ads like these. I have it installed on my Chrome browser. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently i’ve had add from this site: gift.gifts-for-free.online, it automatically rederecting me after taping 1 or 2 subsites here while on my phone and not signed in. It’s one of those where you have to tap previous page alot rapidly to get away, without closing the whole thing.

According to the first post this shouldn’t be used here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OJ9999vr said:

Recently i’ve had add from this site: gift.gifts-for-free.online, it automatically rederecting me after taping 1 or 2 subsites here while on my phone and not signed in. It’s one of those where you have to tap previous page alot rapidly to get away, without closing the whole thing.

According to the first post this shouldn’t be used here.

Need the info from the first post.

Need it.

Can't do anything otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Need the info from the first post.

Need it.

Can't do anything otherwise.

Sorry, didn't read that part.

Device: IPhone X

Timesone/country: Gmt+1, Norway

Date: Yesterday and time of the post, did browse random forum sites right when entering the site also happened twice right after each other when looking at my profile.

Browser: Safari

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/0AZav5I

Hope that's all you need

• 2 weeks later...

22 May

Google Pixel 2 XL - Android 9 

UK - BST

Latest Chrome browser

Clicking Update Profile

goodluckday.site

Very obtrusive advert that stops the site functioning correctly. It's a spin to win advert with Aldi logos. I'm sure both PSNProfiles and Aldi would be upset to have this advert affiliated with them. 

http://bestluckycenter.space/prize/uklucky/lp2.php?c=2hz324fhz2cz1&k=00ff886f218deadb21a28259175503e6&country_code=GB&country_name=United Kingdom&region=Bath and North East Somerset&city=Bath&isp=British Telecommunications PLC&lang=en&ref_domain=&os=Android&osv=9.&browser=Chrome&browserv=74&brand=unknown&model=unknown&marketing_name=Pixel 2 XL&tablet=2&rheight=0&rwidth=0&e=5

• Like 1

Nothing has changed, it keeps on happening every single time I visit my own profile page. I can't visit the site from my mobile phone, can anything be done?

Required informations: same as the above post, change data to any moment between the indicated one and now, it always systematically happens.

I get redirected to this site: http://bestlucky.site/prize/it-lucky/lp2.php?c=2jz6hh0lz3cz0&k=d64582c5b58a3fc9ab13d47cc769328e&country_code=IT&country_name=Italy&region=Lombardia&city=Erba&isp=Telecom Italia&lang=it&os=Android&osv=7.0&browser=Chrome&browserv=74&brand=Huawei&model=HUAWEI VNS-L31&marketing_name=P9 Lite&tablet=2&rheight=0&rwidth=0

US central time, these ads have been occurring every day for several weeks now. The ads occur on every page, most of the time I do not make it past the home screen. I am using an Apple Iphone8. The link is below, once the ad pops up it is impossible to get out of.

http://goodluckday.site/prize/luckyus-ad/lp2.php?c=2oz6a7poz2xz2&k=ddc8abbe9a3518a52a2df1bbd966d8a6&country_code=US&country_name=United States&region=Texas&city=Magnolia&isp=AT&T Services, Inc.&lang=en&ref_domain=&os=iOS&osv=12&browser=Safari&browserv=&brand=Apple&model=iPhone&marketing_name=iPhone&tablet=2&rheight=0&rwidth=0&e=5

Edited by brickhaus1
Could not post photo

• 1 month later...

Dauntless ad is ruining the site. Comes up on the screen on every single page (except for when you reply to topics on the forums), doesn’t always let you get rid of it, pops up and blocks the screen etc. 

00:20 AM GMT 23/07/19 (though it happens every single time I’m on the site, for the last 3 days)

iPhone

UK

Safari

all pages except forum replies

description above

• 1 month later...
On 09/12/2018 at 1:07 PM, Sly Ripper said:

We use ads which shouldn't:

• Block content
  • Autoplay sound
  • Popup
  • Redirect you

If you experience an abusive ad, reply with the following information:

• Date, time & timezone
  • Your device/brand
  • Country/US state
  • Browser
  • What page you were browsing when it occurred
  • Ad description or screenshot

The last few days whenever I go on a forum thread an enormous ad for gears of war pops up that covers most the screen. I’d say it appears 80% of the time. Sometimes it allows me to scroll past it, sometimes it won’t disappear and I have to go back and reload the thread. 

9/9/19 22:00 GMT

iphone 8

UK

safari

Any forum threads

Ad for gears of war 5 on xbox 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

The last few days whenever I go on a forum thread an enormous ad for gears of war pops up that covers most the screen. I’d say it appears 80% of the time. Sometimes it allows me to scroll past it, sometimes it won’t disappear and I have to go back and reload the thread. 

9/9/19 22:00 GMT

iphone 8

UK

safari

Any forum threads

Ad for gears of war 5 on xbox 

Same here its really annoying now, i even get an ad over the ridiculously massive Gears of War ad. The ad for me is on every single page, its even in this page!

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just had strange one I was not logged in and tried to open Borderlands 2 Trophy Guide.

My BitDefender AntiVirus/AntiMalware triggered on a load element.

26 minutes ago:
Function:
Prevention of online threats
A Dangerous page has been blocked:

I tried to reproduce but was unable to do so.

• 5 months later...

I have been noticing an increase in the number of ads that are popping up everytime when i open the site. Just to be clear, by pop up ads , i mean the unclosable ads that keep running on the right-down corner. its been happening since yesterday and i dunno abt the mobile site, but it happens on desktop site.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2020 at 11:43 AM, cool_dunce1812 said:

I have been noticing an increase in the number of ads that are popping up everytime when i open the site. Just to be clear, by pop up ads , i mean the unclosable ads that keep running on the right-down corner. its been happening since yesterday and i dunno about the mobile site, but it happens on desktop site.

This^

I have this problem on both the Mobile and Desktop versions of the site but the ads appear and disappear so quickly, I don't have time to screenshot them or grab the offending links :(.

UPDATE:

The problem is getting worse and it's rendering my iPad almost unusable on this site, because the advert hogs the bottom right-hand corner of my screen and blocks all inputs :(.

• Date, time & timezone - This happens at all times of day, every day in the UK, GMT 0
  • Your device/brand - 5th Generation iPad
  • Country/US state - UK
  • Browser - Mobile Safari
  • What page you were browsing when it occurred - It happens on every page.
  • Ad description or screenshot - Java Script video made by Most Wanted, Powered by Network N. This irritating company spams random videos for irrelevant products but even if you skip it, another one appears immediately afterwards in the same spot.
Edited by HuntingFever
Update
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cool_dunce1812 said:

I have been noticing an increase in the number of ads that are popping up everytime when i open the site. Just to be clear, by pop up ads , i mean the unclosable ads that keep running on the right-down corner. its been happening since yesterday and i dunno abt the mobile site, but it happens on desktop site.

I'm having this happen as well. I even enabled both adblock plus and uBlock origin and somehow it somewhat gets through them on both my desktop and laptop. The video doesn't play but a black video player appears briefly in the lower right corner, usually when clicking on another link and before the new page loads. Never had this issue before, or at least not recently.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...