Sly Ripper

Site ad issues

81 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Helyx said:

 

Yeah, I saw some Halo video ads.

Do you also get the ad video? You are a premium member

11 hours ago, Helyx said:
Edited by Hauk_12
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sly Ripper

Since Wednesday, a broken video player is overlapping the right side of the front page when not being logged in (see botto-right corner of the image). There has been issues with video ads for months now. Playing around with adblockers don't change anything. It only disappears when logged in as a premium member.

 

screencapture-psnprofppjlu.png

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/12/2020 at 6:45 PM, R4M Jolly Monk said:

@Sly Ripper

Since Wednesday, a broken video player is overlapping the right side of the front page when not being logged in (see botto-right corner of the image). There has been issues with video ads for months now. Playing around with adblockers don't change anything. It only disappears when logged in as a premium member.

 

screencapture-psnprofppjlu.png

This^
 

The mobile version of the site is borderline unusable, because of an unblockable video that hogs the entire bottom right hand corner of the screen and prevents many buttons from being pressed :(. I posted about this a few weeks back but so far, nothing has been done about it :(. UPDATE: 6 Months later and this problem is still there in certain browsers (the PS4 browser in particular has it really bad), which makes the site almost unusable :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The mobile version of the site [...]

There is no mobile version of the site.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

There is no mobile version of the site.

Regardless, the site is borderline unusable when viewing the site in a mobile browser :(.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Site has been extremely unusable on mobile browsers this last week. Ads seem to bug out and reveal source code, invisible ads cover the whole screen so no matter what you click you're taken to a new tab from the advertiser. 😑

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've mainly only used the site on my phone, and while most of the ad's are fine; the only one that is troublesome is the lower right corner video ad.

 

If on mobile you rotate your phone from portrait to landscape orientation to watch a youtube video of a gamer showing you a trophy unlock video let's say in a guide for example, the moment you go landscape the AD video encompasses and covers the youtube video and it's a real hassle trying to flip the screen back, close the ad, then restart the video, then make it full screen.

 

More annoying then anything, so eventually I just watched the video really small in portrait mode on my phone.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello i've had an issue where the same ad keep appearing whenever i'm on the forum. I'm a premium and made sure i didn't allow ads to be seen.

 

here's the link from the website that keeps putting ads..

 

 

https://www.primis.tech/?utm_source=promoted

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Corrin-of-Nohr said:

hello i've had an issue where the same ad keep appearing whenever i'm on the forum. I'm a premium and made sure i didn't allow ads to be seen.

 

here's the link from the website that keeps putting ads..

 

 

https://www.primis.tech/?utm_source=promoted

 

 

 

Can you screenshot this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if you are a Premium member, you shouldn't see any of these vids popping up?

 

 

Edited by DJ__Beatroot
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/09/2021 at 8:46 PM, Corrin-of-Nohr said:

hello i've had an issue where the same ad keep appearing whenever i'm on the forum. I'm a premium and made sure i didn't allow ads to be seen.

 

here's the link from the website that keeps putting ads..

 

 

https://www.primis.tech/?utm_source=promoted

 

 

 

On 15/09/2021 at 7:56 PM, Corrin-of-Nohr said:

241888971_180687747511090_30377665625758

 

241896445_180688964177635_58387109326793

 

I  thought it might be because a status update i did yesterday in which i added a picture to it. It's the only explanation i have. @Sly Ripper

 

2 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

So, if you are a Premium member, you shouldn't see any of these vids popping up?

 

 

Yes Captain Obvious. Please take a minute to read what i've written before....

 

Tired of this issue that keeps bothering me everytime i visit the forums...

Edited by Corrin-of-Nohr
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Corrin-of-Nohr said:

 

 

Yes Captain Obvious. Please take a minute to read what i've written before....

 

Tired of this issue that keeps bothering me everytime i visit the forums...

Worst comes to worst, you can always add the ublock origin extension and it will block all of those popup video and banner ads

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15-9-2021 at 7:56 PM, Corrin-of-Nohr said:

241888971_180687747511090_30377665625758

 

241896445_180688964177635_58387109326793

 

I  thought it might be because a status update i did yesterday in which i added a picture to it. It's the only explanation i have. @Sly Ripper


You seem to be logged out on the bottom screenshot. It can only detect that you're premium if you're logged in. So make sure you're logged in and see if it goes away then.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kolm said:


You seem to be logged out on the bottom screenshot. It can only detect that you're premium if you're logged in. So make sure you're logged in and see if it goes away then.

It doesn't matter.. logged in, logged out,  i keep seeing those ads whenever i visit the forums. 

 

i'm tired of this so i'll leave.. can't keep ruining my time here with those ads keep showing up all the time...

 

 

Edited by Corrin-of-Nohr
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Corrin-of-Nohr said:

It doesn't matter.. logged in, logged out,  i keep seeing those ads whenever i visit the forums. 

 

i'm tired of this so i'll leave.. can't keep ruining my time here with those ads keep showing up all the time...

 

 


And did you refresh the page after logging in? Making sure it says you're logged in at the top?

I just tried another browser without add blocker and when signed out I get your screenshots (even the same add...) and when signed in I get no adds.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

So, if you are a Premium member, you shouldn't see any of these vids popping up?

 

 

True, although in this case it can be confusing.  I am a premium member but am getting spammed with the same ad that @Kolm is getting, which shouldn't be happening.  But normally you have an ad-free site with the premium membership.  Just a temporary hiccup with the site.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

True, although in this case it can be confusing.  I am a premium member but am getting spammed with the same ad that @Kolm is getting, which shouldn't be happening.  But normally you have an ad-free site with the premium membership.  Just a temporary hiccup with the site.

 

I only got the ads when I was signed out. I kinda expect to see them when I'm signed out because then the site can't figure out if I have premium or not.
But I never had ads while signed in, which is as expected.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2021 at 6:56 PM, Corrin-of-Nohr said:

241888971_180687747511090_30377665625758

 

241896445_180688964177635_58387109326793

 

I  thought it might be because a status update i did yesterday in which i added a picture to it. It's the only explanation i have. @Sly Ripper

This particular ad network is gunking up a lot of websites unfortunately and it's very difficult for ad blockers to eliminate :(.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not updated to get rid of that pop up ad? On PC I have adblocker block it but I don't have it on my phone. And it is annoying if I'm browsing on my phone. I'm not a premium member and I'm fine with seeing ads but not those who block things on the forum
 

If you experience an abusive ad, reply with the following information:

  • Date, time & timezone: Everytime I come to the forums
  • Your device/brand: Samsung S10
  • Country/US state: Netherlands
  • Browser: Chrome and Samsung internet
  • What page you were browsing when it occurred: All pages on the forum
  • Ad description or screenshot:

blHKOdl.jpg

I don't mind the Splitgate one. But  the Bluepoint one is annoying

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Still not updated to get rid of that pop up ad? On PC I have adblocker block it but I don't have it on my phone. And it is annoying if I'm browsing on my phone. I'm not a premium member and I'm fine with seeing ads but not those who block things on the forum
 

If you experience an abusive ad, reply with the following information:

  • Date, time & timezone: Everytime I come to the forums
  • Your device/brand: Samsung S10
  • Country/US state: Netherlands
  • Browser: Chrome and Samsung internet
  • What page you were browsing when it occurred: All pages on the forum
  • Ad description or screenshot:

blHKOdl.jpg

I don't mind the Splitgate one. But  the Bluepoint one is annoying

I've noticed on mobile that you have to hit the X button to close it at least 10+ times before it will close the video ad, just for it to pop back up again 5 seconds later.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ads are ANNOYING at the best of times... but seriously... That STUPID video window that pops up in the lower right hand corner of EVERY $%^&*ing page is the most irritating $%^&*ing thing EVER!

 

I don't come around here much anymore because of it! It is SUPER %^&ing frustrating!

 

STOP THIS!

 

AND... I just read through this thread, and it looks like you %^&WADS have been ignoring this issue for months!

 

Way to alienate your base! What are you, DEMOCRATS?!?

Edited by RunzWithScissorz
Addition!
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9-12-2018 at 2:07 PM, Sly Ripper said:

We use ads which shouldn't:

  • Block content
  • Autoplay sound
  • Popup
  • Redirect you


They even say that ads shouldn't pop up and block content. But it does both
@Sly Ripper, (or anyone else) when is this gonna be resolved?

Edited by Mr_Marty84
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lower right ad is the absolute worst, I don't mind ads especially since I'm not a premium member I shouldn't even be complaining but that one follows you around when you scroll up and down and you have to click like the guy above mentioned 10 times for it to close and it pops up every single screen.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.