Site ad issues

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

Love the site.

I paid for lifetime premium about 10 minutes ago which has removed the ads from the main site. But on the Forums, I get upper banner ads and a video overlay ad in the bottom right hand corner?

I would upload a screenshot, but cannot find the button?

Thanks,
Scott

4 minutes ago, ScottyMiddleton said:

I would upload a screenshot, but cannot find the button?

To upload a screenshot, post the screenshot somewhere like imgur and then post the correct link (with the jpg/png extension) here.

You're not reflecting Premium in the forums yet though, so you might just have to wait for that to reflect for the ads to go away. The blue Member under your name will switch to Premium Member when the forums recognize that status. It takes a little bit for that data to refresh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

To upload a screenshot, post the screenshot somewhere like imgur and then post the correct link (with the jpg/png extension) here.

You're not reflecting Premium in the forums yet though, so you might just have to wait for that to reflect for the ads to go away. The blue Member under your name will switch to Premium Member when the forums recognize that status. It takes a little bit for that data to refresh.

Thanks,

Xj0cEyh.jpg

• Date, time & timezone:  14:54   19/11/21
  • Your device/brand: Desktop Windows 10 OS
  • Country/US state: United Kingdom
  • Browser: Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
  • What page you were browsing when it occurred: Main Forum
  • Ad description or screenshot: Attached

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

Can this be fixed?

Elden Ring ad is randomly increasing to triple its size.  The Close X is only on the smallest ribbon, once it's expanded you can't close the ad.

You're a premium member, but the ads are still showing up? Make sure to go to your profile on the main site, select your name at the top-right (of the main site, not the forums), then select "Settings", then make sure "show ads" is unchecked, then his "Save".

Otherwise it looks like the resolution on your laptop is set very small, may set around 1000 pixels wide, which could be why the ad is appearing much taller than it should :hmm: 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

You're a premium member, but the ads are still showing up? Make sure to go to your profile on the main site, select your name at the top-right (of the main site, not the forums), then select "Settings", then make sure "show ads" is unchecked, then his "Save".

I believe he was a regular member just a few hours ago, someone probably gifted him premium membership.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

I believe he was a regular member just a few hours ago, someone probably gifted him premium membership.

Yeah, I don't know who so I will have to "pay it forward".  I have no issue supporting the site, it's a great place.  Thank you to whoever gifted though.

I will say though that ad did the same thing over at trueachievements, I google searched for a specific trophy assistance and the thing started to go huge on my screen there to.  Then after a few seconds it goes back to its small ribbon size.  I think the ad was designed this way, it's just so odd that you can close the ribbon while small yet you can't when it's large.

Edited by LegendExeter
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/9/2018 at 1:07 PM, Sly Ripper said:

We use ads which shouldn't:

• Block content
  • Autoplay sound
  • Popup
  • Redirect you

If you experience an abusive ad, reply with the following information:

• Date, time & timezone
  • Your device/brand
  • Country/US state
  • Browser
  • What page you were browsing when it occurred
  • Ad description or screenshot

02 July 2023 13:30 UK time

Lenovo Thinkpad

United Kingdom

Chrome

The Xbox acquisition of Activision thread but also occurred on this one

Enlisted ad takes up both sides of the screen. Can't click on anything on either side of the page.

enlisted.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having an issue with ads still showing up even tho I'm lifetime, the video player pop up but refuses to close even if I click X the add itself isn't bugging me all that much, it's the fact it stops whatever song or podcast I'm listening to so that it can play the ads audio , I've signed in and out a few time and at least once a day I still get it popping up, I have to use adblocker on my phone to stop it