My First Experience with Demon's Souls

For my first time playing the game, I thought I did rather well.... at least, up to a point. I breezed through the tutorial (but then, who wouldn't) and got killed by the boss guy at the end, but that was supposed to happen for progression of the story. After that, I got all the way to and past the first defeatable boss without dying.

this boss:

phalanx.png

I then saw this:

ds10.jpg

about 30-40 times while trying to cross the dragons causeway. Although the dragon got me a few times, it was mainly the enemies that would nail me, especially the one at the end with the group of 3 archers.

I then made it to this thing:

1322453288785.jpg

Which killed me in just one hit before I'd gone more than a few paces. When I found out I'd have to go across the dragons causeway all over again, I thought "right, this game has gone beyond the point of being a fun challenge, and is now become frustrating beyond belief". That's not to say I'm gonna stop altogether. I may try to get to and past this point again, but for now, I need a breather.

I always knew Demon's Souls wouldn't be my type of challenge, but I was keen to try it out all the same. I played on my alt account so I'm not worried about trophies. Good thing too, if I can't even get by this, what's the rest of the game like? My equipment might've played a part in my defeat... I still have what I started with.... I don't know where better stuff might be... Oh well. You win for now Demon's Souls, but I'll be back... for another royal ass whoopin' most likely

Edited by ShadowGandalf
  • Like 2

Defense is just as important as offense. You can block him as long as you have the stamina. Lock onto him then circle and block then let your shield down to regain stamina faster. Attack when you see an opening. I used that strategy for my first pt and on the second I ran to the stairs and took a left. Killed all the archers then rained arrows onto that ****** until he died.

Don't give up. It's a great game.

• Like 2

If you didn't die at the first boos you've already done better than 90% of the people who played the game, you shouldn't give up, once you get more comfortable with the game you'll breeze through it and at the point you'll see why  anyone who beat it thinks of it as beautiful game

Did you played online?

After you  defeat the first boss, return to the Nexus and talk to the monumental you are able to leave blue messages and be summoned to other people worlds and also recieve help from otthers. It makes Boss fights way easier and also a lot of fun.

If you ever decide to play it on your main account and want to play some co op I'll be definitely up for it. The game never gets old to me.

Try letting others summon you while you're in soul form so you can scout ahead and form a strategy.  Just keep letting them summon you over and over and over until you have a good idea of what to do for your main run. 

It's extremely disheartening at first but once you figure it out and are capable of killing that bastard on your own without getting hit (pro-tip: stay near his legs, when he's about to attack run through them and slash away, repeat until he falls -making sure not to get landed on- and attack the crap out of his head) there's just no better felling.  This game will demoralize you, spit on you, and sap your will to live.  Then, suddenly, everything clicks, you notice yourself anticipating and dodging/deflecting attacks, imposing enemies start to lose their intimidation, your gear gets better, your stats get better you get better... it's a sublime feeling.

• Like 1

I don't think I ever will put it on my main account, nor will I shoot for platinum. I'll just keep it on my alt for a distraction every now and then.... who knows though, if i play it enough it may grow on me and I might change my mind, but for now, at this point in time, I can't see it happening.

Also, yes, i played online and saw the messages left by others (jump off a tall ledge? I'm not that stupid xD), but I seemed to lose connection to the servers.

also, who is the monumental? I climbed to the top in the nexus like it told me, but nothing happened. It confused me a bit.

I don't think I ever will put it on my main account, nor will I shoot for platinum. I'll just keep it on my alt for a distraction every now and then.... who knows though, if i play it enough it may grow on me and I might change my mind, but for now, at this point in time, I can't see it happening.

Also, yes, i played online and saw the messages left by others (jump off a tall ledge? I'm not that stupid xD), but I seemed to lose connection to the servers.

also, who is the monumental? I climbed to the top in the nexus like it told me, but nothing happened. It confused me a bit.

The hints on the floor are just one part of the online. You can play with 2 more people in your world while in human form and be summoned to other people worlds if you are in soul form.

The monumental is a statue located in the second floor of the Nexus. You need to talk to her to unlock all the other Archstones and progress with the story.

The hints on the floor are just one part of the online. You can play with 2 more people in your world while in human form and be summoned to other people worlds if you are in soul form.

The monumental is a statue located in the second floor of the Nexus. You need to talk to her to unlock all the other Archstones and progress with the story.

If I remember correctly it's the only statue with a lit candle in front of it?  Took me forever to find her because there were a bunch of them that all looked the same.

I ragequit at that same spot, for two years. :P

But really, you should go to other places and come back to the tower knight when you're at a higher level, or simply stack up on arrows and shoot at him from the towers. You can easily defeat him that way without even being hit. It will take a lot of arrows, though.

the game seemed to get easier the farther you get.. the one thing i dont really understand is the white and black soul thing .. can i get a level back to white after it has gone black? (or not pure white) ,, ?  im on my 2ndplaythru and didnt get the bone masher sword this playthru and last playthru i lost it cause i picked it up but didnt have enough strength so it dropped .. i went back to nexus and came back after i dropped stuff off and it was gone :-( so im wondering if i can get pure white after beating the mission ? its not pure right now 

If I remember correctly it's the only statue with a lit candle in front of it?  Took me forever to find her because there were a bunch of them that all looked the same.

Yeah you need to look for the one with a candle. I forgot there are a lot of identical ones in that floor.

The Tower Knight is one of the easiest bosses in the game and you can defeat him in less than a minute with average equipment. I suggest using turpetine or magic to boost the attack of your weapon. Then just aim for both legs. When he falls on the ground it  just takes a couple of hits on the head to kill him.

the game seemed to get easier the farther you get.. the one thing i dont really understand is the white and black soul thing .. can i get a level back to white after it has gone black? (or not pure white) ,, ?  im on my 2ndplaythru and didnt get the bone masher sword this playthru and last playthru i lost it cause i picked it up but didnt have enough strength so it dropped .. i went back to nexus and came back after i dropped stuff off and it was gone :-( so im wondering if i can get pure white after beating the mission ? its not pure right now 

Unfortunately there's a glitch in Demon's Souls about the black and white tendency when you play online.

If you quit the game your Soul tendency will be reverted to neutral. This doesn't happen if you play offline tough so if you want to get the tendency weapons or items in a save way just play it offline and your tendency will remain the same no matter how many times you quit your game.

Edited by Aexuz