Challenge mode cheese?

StilRh

Love the game but challenge mode is really difficult for me. I notice that on NG+ I can switch from challenge to relaxed and back again, does anyone know if doing this, getting to the end boss and switching back to challenge mode and then completing it counts as a challenge mode completion? Thanks in advance.

Challenge mode gives you a few extra enemies, bosses extra attacks and you can die in 1 hit (though you can use the tweaks feature to give yourself 3 extra lives). I wouldn't say (early on) it's impossible, if you learn the tells you can get through boss fights so I'm told.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 15.12.2018 at 2:10 PM, StilRh said:

Challenge mode gives you a few extra enemies, bosses extra attacks and you can die in 1 hit (though you can use the tweaks feature to give yourself 3 extra lives). I wouldn't say (early on) it's impossible, if you learn the tells you can get through boss fights so I'm told.

The position and amount of enemies in challenge mode are actually identical to those in hard mode (at least that's what it looked like to me when I played the game). I also agree on the difficulty: It's not a cakewalk, but the fights are never unfair, i.e. there's always a way to dodge or counter an attack. Though you should at least play through the story once to get used to the attack patterns.

Edited by Sillshez15
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Sadly there's no way of cheesing this. I'd highly recommend you watch the video in the PST guide. Certain boss fights are really hectic and some weapons are definitely more effective than others. Not sure why they rated this 6/10 difficulty. This trophy is one tough cookie. Great game though.

• Like 2