This is the end. GHTV is gone.

Frozen_Guardian

I actually enjoyed the game a lot and played the hell out of it. A better publisher could have done a lot more with it. Look at how well Rocksmith and Rock Band 4 have been doing, considering the genre and music game fatigue. Got the 1,000,000 strums all legit. At one point I had even lost 250,000 to a corrupt save but I took it like a champ and powered through it. I actually like the controller a lot more than previous GH and RB games due to the layout. It felt much more natural to me. Closer to a real guitar because you actually have to do partial chord shapes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine actually thinks people who bought Guitar Hero Live have legal ground to sue because of false advertising. If someone bought a song through GHTV, they lose that access forever. Whether or not someone buying Guitar Hero Live will do this I don't think is possible.

Also, the guitar is very cheaply made. I couldn't get the Platinum but the guitar controller literally broke in my hands while using it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 4:47 AM, POEman553 said:

A friend of mine actually thinks people who bought Guitar Hero Live have legal ground to sue because of false advertising. If someone bought a song through GHTV, they lose that access forever. Whether or not someone buying Guitar Hero Live will do this I don't think is possible.

Also, the guitar is very cheaply made. I couldn't get the Platinum but the guitar controller literally broke in my hands while using it. 

Bought a song? What do you mean? All the songs are free. Unless you mean plays? In that case, I don't see it being any different when a game shuts down that has microtransactions. They give you a warning to spend it, that is about as far as any company goes. It is lame, sure I agree but I don't think there would be grounds to sue. I am sure there is some caveat in the EULA or TOS that nobody reads that absolves them of customer recourse.

As far as the controller quality goes, it really felt like any other plastic guitar I have held. Played over 100 hours of the game and mine works as good as the day I got it and I bought mine from a pawn shop.