scottmidds

Checkmate Medals

21 posts in this topic

For the 'Checkmate' Medals trophy, where do i find the challenge progress? I scanned through the sections but could not find it. Is it under a different name?

Sorry if its obvious. 

It's not obvious, but there is already another topic asking the same question. Check the answer there.

Thanks PvtVoid, sorry for being a dumbass but i cannot find the topic with the answer?

There is no way to check it, I also searched for it but with no results. Only thing I can give you as advice is to look in the left uppercorner of your screen. The medal is called "Checked out", will pop if you drive 2 enemies into obstacles.

They also say you can only earn it once per game. 

Edited by VLAAMINGK_N1

1 minute ago, VLAAMINGK_N1 said:

There is no way to check it, I also searched for it but with no results. Only thing I can give you as advice is to look in the left uppercorner of your screen. The medal is called "Checked out", will pop if you drive 2 enemies into obstacles.

Thanks Man!

I can't say with 100% certainty, but it seems like you can "check out" fodder and have it count towards the medal. I haven't tested it, but I will see the "Checkmate" medal pop up when I haven't seen an enemy car in a while (I know check outs can happen a while after bumping, but this is way longer). 

I will have to test it more, but even if it doesn't work, check outs are either with Titan or Enforcer. 

On 12/11/2018 at 3:55 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

I can't say with 100% certainty, but it seems like you can "check out" fodder and have it count towards the medal. I haven't tested it, but I will see the "Checkmate" medal pop up when I haven't seen an enemy car in a while (I know check outs can happen a while after bumping, but this is way longer). 

I will have to test it more, but even if it doesn't work, check outs are either with Titan or Enforcer. 

i think you may be right. i got a checkmate medal yesterday and im almost certain it was my first non-fodder takedown. i certainly hadnt taken down 3.

not exactly proof but i reckon you are right.

On 12/12/2018 at 2:08 PM, ZakalweVI said:

i think you may be right. i got a checkmate medal yesterday and im almost certain it was my first non-fodder takedown. i certainly hadnt taken down 3.

not exactly proof but i reckon you are right.

Could you please say it in other words? I'm not English speaker and I do not understood what non-fodder takedown or check out fodder means.

Thank you in advance.

46 minutes ago, Rafi_004 said:

Could you please say it in other words? I'm not English speaker and I do not understood what non-fodder takedown or check out fodder means.

Thank you in advance.

Fodder are the vehicles that you can smash to earn more boost. The fodders and white in color while the "non-fodder" vehicles are the other teams colorful vehicles.

So if you take out a fodder vehicle is the colourful vehicles and if you take out the non-fodder vehicles it's the colorful vehicles. That's the best way I can explain. Hope it helps 

I can confirm you can get checkmate medals from taking down fodders. Just give them a soft nudge and there's a good chance they'll crash. Don't hit them too hard or it won't count. It's way easier than trying to get checkmate medals from your opponents

Checkout medals are being tracked in the checkmate! challenge which can be found in the social category.

To earn the static tag you need to earn 10 check out medals of at least bronze. To earn the animated tag you need another 40 gold check out medals. This means that if you have the static tag, you have at least 10 bronze check out medals, every gold one also counts. But there is no way of knowing how many bronze and silver check out medals you've gained after the first 10.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:29 AM, ZeroGeass1 said:

I can confirm you can get checkmate medals from taking down fodders. Just give them a soft nudge and there's a good chance they'll crash. Don't hit them too hard or it won't count. It's way easier than trying to get checkmate medals from your opponents

At first I was skeptical about the fodders counting and tried it like you said and BAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM it worked. I used the blade bike because it was easier for me to get a check out because the other vehicles were too powerful for the fodders

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but are the servers reliable again? Dumped the game after too many incidents of network failure. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot

35 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but are the servers reliable again? Dumped the game after too many incidents of network failure. 

Haven’t come across any server problems in the past 24 hours. New to the game so don’t know what they’ve been like the past couple of days.

1 hour ago, Charizarzar said:

Haven’t come across any server problems in the past 24 hours. New to the game so don’t know what they’ve been like the past couple of days.

OK, thanks. Might give it another go soon if that's the case. This'll be one of those games that will go offline relatively quickly,nixig any chance of the plat unless quick I think. 

14 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

Any recommendations for a custom game settings to get the trophy? 

The stage with the train yard. I forgot the name but you can easily shunt opponents into the parked objects there. Also once you get two checked-out callouts you can just quit the match and start again as it still counts.

On 24/12/2018 at 4:45 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

I had trouble about 6 days ago. Servers were completely unstable and I lost about 1 hour of progress thanks to it. If you get a single network error then it's best just to leave it for a few days until they fix it.

On 12/27/2018 at 7:49 AM, Mayadome said:

. Also once you get two checked-out callouts you can just quit the match and start again as it still counts.

Are you sure about this, because when i quit it says i will lose all xp, every bronze medal is 250xp. 

Won't the medal be deleted? 

Edited by shlomaniac

On 2018-12-10 at 3:52 PM, VLAAMINGK_N1 said:

You can earn 3 medals per game,  bronze silver and gold.  Got my trophy on a Silver Checkmate medal when i hit 4 Checked out. 

so best way for check mates is focus ONLY on fodder in the train yard level?

EDIT:  here is a very easy method i posted over on pst.org

i can confirm the custom match with a friend does work for getting checkmate medals for the trohpy.

i set up a lobby at freightyard forest in short duration overdrive mode. my mate was on the other team in a titan that was red (for ease of spotting in all the graphical clusterfuck). we would both tail near the end of the pack, sometimes, but not always in the warning about being teleported.

he would drive in a consistent line w/o boosting. i would come up behind him and squirt the boost before nudging him in the back. upon me hitting him, he would swerve off and boost sharply into a wall/tree/etc. it would give a check out medal to me and i was easily able to get bronze , silver, and gold each run.

the games didn't last long and it was 3 check mate medals per run. i needed 6 runs myself to get the trophy. if you guys have a friend you played with, it makes check mates easy as hell. no need to fool around getting lucky with fodder or enemy ai.

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro