Squirlruler

New DLC [Iceborne]

34 posts in this topic

So we are getting a new "massive" DLC. Very excited for it :D My biggest complaint is it isn't coming until Autumn 2019 😭😭

 

 

Edited by Squirlruler
More info added
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't sound like basic DLC to me, but w/e I just want to get my Crowns and be done with this game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doomsdayman said:

Will this be paid or free?

 

Good question - chances are if it's as big as it's hinted at, it might be paid. Sounds like it'll be a full expansion of sorts so makes sense that it'll come with a charge. Happy to be pleasantly surprised though :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Doomsdayman said:

Will this be paid or free?

It will not be free according to the video. Prices will be available in Spring.

Edited by Squirlruler
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are calling it a massive expansion, I'm expecting a price of around 30€ or $.

Edited by soniq
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited! :D

 

I haven't played in a couple of months, will be nice to go back to it! It was my favourite game to come out this year and the one I sunk the most hours into (even post-Plat), a massive expansion will be amazing! Can't wait!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G-Rank? Either way, I love the new hairstyle on that Anja girl.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to finally get this, but after seeing this, I can wait until this drops and they release it as a bundled set. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love snow levels.  I wonder if this means HD Khezu?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eyyy, I know I'm not the only one who was hoping for an ice-themed expansion for the game, so I'm glad to see they're delivering the goods! I'm hoping we get a bunch of new trophies so it encourages me to play it more.

 

Also, I had a big smile on my face when watching the trailer for the upcoming Witcher 3 collaboration. :D

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're getting Nargacuga boys. Look at the end of the trailer

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wording at the end of new "locales"  is making me think there will be more than just an ice level.

New town maybe? Another G-Rank exclusive area like Elder Recess was for High Rank.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to see how this is when it comes out. I'm also super glad we're getting a Witcher 3 crossover. I was expecting Resident Evil or Devil May Cry 5 since those are coming out but I'll take it :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mako-heart said:

It doesn't sound like basic DLC to me, but w/e I just want to get my Crowns and be done with this game.

 

I gave up on this (i have maybe 5 left), the rng was killing me. one day I was farming kirin for idk 3-5 hours or so with no result and I asked myself wtf I'm doing here and just stopped.

 

BUT

 

I will definitely be back in autumn :D 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J3dP89 said:

 

I gave up on this (i have maybe 5 left), the rng was killing me. one day I was farming kirin for idk 3-5 hours or so with no result and I asked myself wtf I'm doing here and just stopped.

 

BUT

 

I will definitely be back in autumn :D 

 

lol im trying to hunt large kirin. all i have left is non event shit and its the worst i hate it. part of me is hoping theyll get event crowns but idk.

 

the elders im kind of ok farming but black diablos makes me want to fucking kill myself. i hate her!!!

 

9 hours ago, Jive76US said:

The wording at the end of new "locales"  is making me think there will be more than just an ice level.

New town maybe? Another G-Rank exclusive area like Elder Recess was for High Rank.

 

this is why im thinking its going to be more than dlc. im pretty sure this area was basically already announced to exist, so why take a year from official announce to release?

 

oh well, only time will tell. i cant decide if i hope for a stand alone trophy list or not. cause without i dunno how much longer i can continue the grind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The developer said it was equal to Ultimate/G rank expansions for the other games, so since areas and monsters take longer in World than other entries I am guess possibly 10-12 new monsters (not including sub-species) and 2-3 new areas, plus if it really is a ultimate style expansion then all the previous monsters will have new weapons and armor to be made from them

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm only hunter rank 71, but I'm excited for this expansion! I need some new content since I still can't beat Behemoth. ;/ I'm also curious to see what new monsters we get. I just looked up what the Nargacuga that everyone claims is in the trailer is and holy moly, i'm excited!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super happy about this. HR 440 and still love coming back for every event. While I do wish it was out sooner early 2019 is already crazy stacked so I'm ok with Autumn 2019.

 

10 hours ago, nazareth357 said:

The developer said it was equal to Ultimate/G rank expansions for the other games, so since areas and monsters take longer in World than other entries I am guess possibly 10-12 new monsters (not including sub-species) and 2-3 new areas, plus if it really is a ultimate style expansion then all the previous monsters will have new weapons and armor to be made from them

 

They keep mentioning it's a "massive" expansion so I hope this is the case. Some people keep arguing it isn't because it's not literally called Ultimate/G rank.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, StrangeInStereo said:

They keep mentioning it's a "massive" expansion so I hope this is the case. Some people keep arguing it isn't because it's not literally called Ultimate/G rank.

Yeah, but I don't think they watched the dev report because he literally said Iceborne is the equivalent of Ultimate/G in the other titles, even if it may not be called that. I think calling it Iceborne instead of Ultimate or G is probably just more appealing to Western markets for selling purposes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nazareth357 said:

Yeah, but I don't think they watched the dev report because he literally said Iceborne is the equivalent of Ultimate/G in the other titles, even if it may not be called that. I think calling it Iceborne instead of Ultimate or G is probably just more appealing to Western markets for selling purposes.

 

I agree. And then again you had people saying World was not Monster Hunter 5 when even the devs themselves said it was in all but name lol. Plus there might be another big expansion after Iceborne? And maybe then they'll call it Ultimate (I just think it's gonna be a good while before MHW 2).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StrangeInStereo said:

 

I agree. And then again you had people saying World was not Monster Hunter 5 when even the devs themselves said it was in all but name lol. Plus there might be another big expansion after Iceborne? And maybe then they'll call it Ultimate (I just think it's gonna be a good while before MHW 2).

True, they may do a hot location (outside Elders) or a mountain area with Dalamadur, but I agree 2/6 is atleast 3-4 years off from even being announced in my opinion, 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nazareth357 said:

True, they may do a hot location (outside Elders) or a mountain area with Dalamadur, but I agree 2/6 is atleast 3-4 years off from even being announced in my opinion, 

 

Mountain area would be sick! Had to look up Dalamadur since World is my first MH. I just hope that kind of fight is better than Zorah, Xeno is ok I guess, really enjoyed the AT fight in MP, solo must be hell though. Since the hardest content in World is better suited for MP (and in some cases like Kulve and Behemoth being pretty much the only option) I wonder if that will continue with Iceborne and the new rank, I rely 100% on SOS flares so as long as I can continue to do that it's fine I suppose. I just liked how all content was soloable.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.