Squirlruler

New DLC [Iceborne]

66 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, StrangeInStereo said:

 

Mountain area would be sick! Had to look up Dalamadur since World is my first MH. I just hope that kind of fight is better than Zorah, Xeno is ok I guess, really enjoyed the AT fight in MP, solo must be hell though. Since the hardest content in World is better suited for MP (and in some cases like Kulve and Behemoth being pretty much the only option) I wonder if that will continue with Iceborne and the new rank, I rely 100% on SOS flares so as long as I can continue to do that it's fine I suppose. I just liked how all content was soloable.

 

 

Yeah there are always those "Siege" type events like Zorah and KT, but more often than not most monsters are able to be done solo even in G ranks. Fun fact Dalamadur's corpse/skeleton is what makes up the Rotten Vale.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nazareth357 said:

Yeah there are always those "Siege" type events like Zorah and KT, but more often than not most monsters are able to be done solo even in G ranks. Fun fact Dalamadur's corpse/skeleton is what makes up the Rotten Vale.

 

Had no idea, that's pretty neat haha!

 

And while I've had good experiences via SOS flares for the most part (even did Extreme Behemoth this way), and the game can be more fun in MP, I like learning how to fight a monster before doing it in MP.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

 

Had no idea, that's pretty neat haha!

 

And while I've had good experiences via SOS flares for the most part (even did Extreme Behemoth this way), and the game can be more fun in MP, I like learning how to fight a monster before doing it in MP.

I understand. That's actually quite common practice in MH is to solo something before you hunt it in groups (atleast in my experience) cant help others until you can help yourself

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nazareth357 said:

I understand. That's actually quite common practice in MH is to solo something before you hunt it in groups (atleast in my experience) cant help others until you can help yourself

 

Indeed, same when you're learning a new weapon type!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 2:22 PM, mako-heart said:

It doesn't sound like basic DLC to me, but w/e I just want to get my Crowns and be done with this game.

Crazy..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OnlyCass said:

Crazy..

 

I've played over 500hrs, I'm beyond bored.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/01/2019 at 4:09 AM, mako-heart said:

 

I've played over 500hrs, I'm beyond bored.

Then quit. Crazy..

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a huge fan of Monster Hunter World and having put in over 500 hours of gameplay into it. I can say that I would pay $10-$15 for an expansion like this. Knowing what would come with an entirely new map (the number of large and small monsters, weapons, armor, materials, etc etc), it would be worth around $10-$15.  I wouldn't be surprised if it were $20 (trying to push it because they know people will pay it), but it definitely wouldn't be more than that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The price is pretty outrageous for what we know. Some small quality of life additions, one map and a few "new" monsters that are probably mostly reskinned old monsters in both look and attacks. Nothing about great new quest design, so in the end more of the same "kill said monster, that reminds you of most older monsters, many times". I thought Dynasty Warriors was repetetive, but this game takes the cake. If it has trophies I might buy it once it falls down to 10€ or less, if I really have downtime, but I ain't about to pay almost full price for what seems to be more of the same stuff, but with ice skin.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 Euros are to much. I think 300 hours and the Platinum are enough for me, I'll don't buy it, maybe if it is under 10 Euro.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 2:38 PM, Squirlruler said:

It will not be free according to the video. Prices will be available in Spring.

 

Its on pre-order now on the playstation store

£34.99 standard version, or £41.99 for deluxe.

 

I love this game but there's no way I'm paying £35 for a DLC pack. I'll wait for the sale.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, 40$ for a dlc? how big is this...from what I gathered not worth it at all...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch, I wasn't expecting it to be that expensive...  I watched the stream where they detailed what was included in the expansion, and it seemed fairly "meaty" in terms of new content, but even as a huge fan of the base game, I'm going to have a hard time justifying that purchase at launch price. I'm honestly not sure what to do now... :unsure:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what do you think the new/potential trophies are going to be?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wackt1 said:

what do you think the new/potential trophies are going to be?

Get all the crowns for all existing creatures. 😂😂

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wackt1 said:

what do you think the new/potential trophies are going to be?

 

Yup crowns.  One for Research.  Maybe a couple of story related ones.  And they might throw in a new rare pet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God, for all you talking about trophies, I'm praying this new expansion gets none! I'm over 500 hours in and still need a few crowns, if this releases and they add more bullshit trophies it may just break me.

 

Sounds fickle and I'm never one to give up but the RNG is saiyan strong with this crap. I may change my tune if I manage to acquire plat by release but as of now I don't need more when I ain't even done with what I got despite my BEST EFFORTS!!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$40 for a DLC, christ...

 

I love MHW but I think I'm going to wait on this one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, jaehyun1009 said:

$40 for a DLC, christ...

 

I love MHW but I think I'm going to wait on this one.

 

its been said it rivals the size of the entirety of world. are you guys expecting just a small snow map the size of the ancient forest with a few new monsters?

 

also anyone 500 hours into the game without all the crowns is doing it completely wrong. RNG or not, it wouldnt take nearly that long. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, $40 is fine for the amount of content I'm expecting. This will basically be the "Ultimate" version of World.

 

Before this they would just make a second game, and make you buy it again at full price, like Monster Hunter Generations and Generations Ultimate. I was more than willing to pay full price for both those games for the content they included, and I would put money on this DLC being just as worth the price.

Edited by danceswithsloths
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 3:51 PM, SINISTER-SINS_ said:

God, for all you talking about trophies, I'm praying this new expansion gets none! I'm over 500 hours in and still need a few crowns, if this releases and they add more bullshit trophies it may just break me.

 

Sounds fickle and I'm never one to give up but the RNG is saiyan strong with this crap. I may change my tune if I manage to acquire plat by release but as of now I don't need more when I ain't even done with what I got despite my BEST EFFORTS!!!

Well, for the price they’re charging, would be shocked if no new trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.