New DLC [Iceborne]

Squirlruler

33 minutes ago, StrangeInStereo said:

Mountain area would be sick! Had to look up Dalamadur since World is my first MH. I just hope that kind of fight is better than Zorah, Xeno is ok I guess, really enjoyed the AT fight in MP, solo must be hell though. Since the hardest content in World is better suited for MP (and in some cases like Kulve and Behemoth being pretty much the only option) I wonder if that will continue with Iceborne and the new rank, I rely 100% on SOS flares so as long as I can continue to do that it's fine I suppose. I just liked how all content was soloable.

Yeah there are always those "Siege" type events like Zorah and KT, but more often than not most monsters are able to be done solo even in G ranks. Fun fact Dalamadur's corpse/skeleton is what makes up the Rotten Vale.

6 hours ago, nazareth357 said:

Yeah there are always those "Siege" type events like Zorah and KT, but more often than not most monsters are able to be done solo even in G ranks. Fun fact Dalamadur's corpse/skeleton is what makes up the Rotten Vale.

Had no idea, that's pretty neat haha!

And while I've had good experiences via SOS flares for the most part (even did Extreme Behemoth this way), and the game can be more fun in MP, I like learning how to fight a monster before doing it in MP.

4 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

Had no idea, that's pretty neat haha!

And while I've had good experiences via SOS flares for the most part (even did Extreme Behemoth this way), and the game can be more fun in MP, I like learning how to fight a monster before doing it in MP.

I understand. That's actually quite common practice in MH is to solo something before you hunt it in groups (atleast in my experience) cant help others until you can help yourself

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Being a huge fan of Monster Hunter World and having put in over 500 hours of gameplay into it. I can say that I would pay $10-$15 for an expansion like this. Knowing what would come with an entirely new map (the number of large and small monsters, weapons, armor, materials, etc etc), it would be worth around $10-$15.  I wouldn't be surprised if it were $20 (trying to push it because they know people will pay it), but it definitely wouldn't be more than that.

• 2 months later...

You can get the expansion digitally. There will also be a pack with the game plus Iceborne both digitally and physically and it's coming September 6:

https://respawning.co.uk/games/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-expansion-coming-september-6th/

master-base_img_ps4.jpg  

Edited by Fat Chocobo
  • Like 2

The price is pretty outrageous for what we know. Some small quality of life additions, one map and a few "new" monsters that are probably mostly reskinned old monsters in both look and attacks. Nothing about great new quest design, so in the end more of the same "kill said monster, that reminds you of most older monsters, many times". I thought Dynasty Warriors was repetetive, but this game takes the cake. If it has trophies I might buy it once it falls down to 10€ or less, if I really have downtime, but I ain't about to pay almost full price for what seems to be more of the same stuff, but with ice skin.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 2:38 PM, Squirlruler said:

It will not be free according to the video. Prices will be available in Spring.

Its on pre-order now on the playstation store

£34.99 standard version, or £41.99 for deluxe.

I love this game but there's no way I'm paying £35 for a DLC pack. I'll wait for the sale.

Ouch, I wasn't expecting it to be that expensive...  I watched the stream where they detailed what was included in the expansion, and it seemed fairly "meaty" in terms of new content, but even as a huge fan of the base game, I'm going to have a hard time justifying that purchase at launch price. I'm honestly not sure what to do now... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

God, for all you talking about trophies, I'm praying this new expansion gets none! I'm over 500 hours in and still need a few crowns, if this releases and they add more bullshit trophies it may just break me.

Sounds fickle and I'm never one to give up but the RNG is saiyan strong with this crap. I may change my tune if I manage to acquire plat by release but as of now I don't need more when I ain't even done with what I got despite my BEST EFFORTS!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, jaehyun1009 said:

$40 for a DLC, christ...

I love MHW but I think I'm going to wait on this one.

its been said it rivals the size of the entirety of world. are you guys expecting just a small snow map the size of the ancient forest with a few new monsters?

also anyone 500 hours into the game without all the crowns is doing it completely wrong. RNG or not, it wouldnt take nearly that long. 

• Like 1

Yeah, $40 is fine for the amount of content I'm expecting. This will basically be the "Ultimate" version of World.

Before this they would just make a second game, and make you buy it again at full price, like Monster Hunter Generations and Generations Ultimate. I was more than willing to pay full price for both those games for the content they included, and I would put money on this DLC being just as worth the price.

Edited by danceswithsloths

On 5/22/2019 at 3:51 PM, SINISTER-SINS_ said:

God, for all you talking about trophies, I'm praying this new expansion gets none! I'm over 500 hours in and still need a few crowns, if this releases and they add more bullshit trophies it may just break me.

Sounds fickle and I'm never one to give up but the RNG is saiyan strong with this crap. I may change my tune if I manage to acquire plat by release but as of now I don't need more when I ain't even done with what I got despite my BEST EFFORTS!!!

Well, for the price they’re charging, would be shocked if no new trophies.