Squirlruler

New DLC [Iceborne]

66 posts in this topic

I am personally dreading new trophies for this one if they involve more Crowns. I haven't earned the trophies in the base game yet (200 hours in) but I am planning to return to the grind once this comes out.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Iceborn will have a standalone trophy list with it's own platinum trophy.

and yes, more Crown trophies!

Edited by Sydoki

That's awesome! I don't have to worry about my Completion, and I can wait for it to go down in price.

26 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Iceborn will have a standalone trophy list with it's own platinum trophy.

Huh, didn't expect a standalone trophy list but I think I am okay with this.

So is this a dlc or a standalone game? Like Infamous Second Son and First Light? I've been holding off playing MHW because of Iceborne

57 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

That was unexpected. Now I have to consider what I’m going to do. :hmm: 

Is this the first time a standalone list has happened for an expansion? And will we be able to get both sets of trophies while playing Iceborne? So many questions. 

I think it will be standalone. I'm glad they didn't add it as DLC trophies for World base game. Very good choice.

A whole new trophy list is fantastic. There’s a few things that are still unclear to me regarding how this list and the old one will coexist but i’m extremely excited for the expansion.

Oh god. I'm so torn. On one hand, another plat. The other, crowns. :( get hype though!

5 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Is this the first time a standalone list has happened for an expansion? And will we be able to get both sets of trophies while playing Iceborne? So many questions. 

I don’t think so, Dishonored 2 comes to mind, though im not sure if you actually need the base game to play the dishonored expansion, that differs from MH:W.

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Well, for the price they’re charging, would be shocked if no new trophies.

Well that's settled now, isn't it? A crap ton of trophies AND those precious Gold Crowns lol!  I might just puss out and ignore it since its a separate list...

7 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So is this a dlc or a standalone game? Like Infamous Second Son and First Light? I've been holding off playing MHW because of Iceborne

its dlc. you need monster hunter world to play iceborne

4 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I don’t think so, Dishonored 2 comes to mind, though im not sure if you actually need the base game to play the dishonored expansion, that differs from MH:W.

That's not an expansion, that's a stand alone title.

33 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

That's not an expansion, that's a stand alone title.

It is technically and considered a standalone expansion, specially for such launch price and duration. And it is obviously build upon D2.

20 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

It is technically and considered a standalone expansion, specially for such launch price and duration. And it is obviously build upon D2.

You don't need Dishonred 2 though. Iceborne you need MHW.