Leon Castle

Let's Play Omega Quintet

120 posts in this topic

@Kevvik Here you go, I was wondering if anyone was ever going to pick her. :P 

Kn0ZmJM.png

At least there's been at least 1 of each award made now, although I think there's only been like 7 people who actually got one so far (& that includes myself). 😅

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

@Kevvik Here you go, I was wondering if anyone was ever going to pick her. :P 

Thanks! Appreciate the work you put into these.

Sorry for being so late to start this, but I finally got through the story. Felt so good to get all of it done in one shot. :)

Just post-game and grind left for the plat. At least I have turbo so the MAD kills can go quickly. Already did the affection grinds for all five girls.

It is done.

5KGmynO.jpg

Thanks to @bladesoframen for helping me out with the game and also for dealing with my endless complaining about this game's weird, dumb quirks. :P

Overall, this is honestly one of CH's weaker titles. Having the game actually be hard is an interesting idea given their catalog tends to skew on the easy side as long as the genre they're doing isn't known to be hard, but instead of actually manifesting in a meaningful way, it just turns into rocket tag where if you don't kill the enemy immediately, they will basically fuck you dead with the exception of a few marathon bosses, and that's assuming you even get a first turn to kill them on since you occasionally get stuck with such a small mob that they just all order break you at once and kill most if not all of the party regardless of whether you even did a symbol attack or not, which is less a fair challenge and more just RNG bullshit to its logical extreme.

As far as the story, it was alright. Nothing really special, but it wasn't exactly bad by any means either. It's pretty much just standard stuff without much going for it, honestly, and I have little to really say on it.

The plat grind wasn't quite that bad, though I also had a turbo controller to automate enemy kills and affections, so all I had were the relatively short level grind to get up to muster for the training facility and the approval grind that has more or less been trivialized at this point (check the Optimizing Battle Bonuses thread, the last combo there gives up to 20M per fight with 6 small enemies, 15M with 5 smaller enemies, and 11M with 4 smaller enemies).

All in all, not too horrid of an experience, but there's nothing really special about it other than the fact that the NA version inexplicably has 18 URs.

I would like a Nene medal, please. :)

@Masamune

Edited by Walt the Dog

13 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

It is done.

5KGmynO.jpg

Good Job cYAXDtk.gif

4 hours ago, Masamune said:

@Walt the Dog Congrats! ^_^

sEj4f8V.png

Looks great. Thank you for your work. :)

Also can't believe my plat post is now tied with the post announcing that the medals are up for the most liked post of the thread. :o

Any tips for SP management? Use items? I'm at the end of chapter 3, all girls with Fans and the abilities that hit all enemies (plus the one that does 15 hits)

I don't have any problem yet, but i'm running out of sp after 3-4 fights

4 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Any tips for SP management? Use items? I'm at the end of chapter 3, all girls with Fans and the abilities that hit all enemies (plus the one that does 15 hits)

I don't have any problem yet, but i'm running out of sp after 3-4 fights

Honestly, I had that problem for most of the game.  About all I can say is do your best to try and kill enemies in one turn, but don't go to the point of excessive.  Also, there is absolutely no need to be fighting random monsters until post game outside of three reasons:

1. You need materials they drop for a quest or fan upgrade (if so you should be using Attack Stride and/or Nene's Prima Donna Special once you have it)

2. You need to kill X number of that monster for a quest

3. You need one random easy battle to build up voltage for a boss since getting to 5 voltage in the battle before the boss ensures you start with 2, which is very essential for some bosses.

You'll notice later on that many monsters you need to fight for various quests are placed close to save points.  That allows you to get in and out without excessive battles.  Once you are far enough to pull the Cosmic Fan + Spam fan skills + Solitary Rhapsody chain to kill monsters in a turn, you'll find that cheesing bosses is pretty much the general strategy of advanced difficulty.  Later in the game smaller sets of mobs (usually 1-2, sometimes three) can order break you on the first turn even if you get surprise, so you'll want to avoid random encounters as much as possible and use cheesy tactics on bosses and gain tons of levels, approval and EP.  Expect to have to go back to the office a lot to recover SP, this is going to be a given.  This game has a lost of completely BS mechanics that go completely against the grain for JRPGs.

I just started Chapter 9 and i have a question. It contains spoiler

Spoiler

Aria left. Is this natural for the True Ending? Her affection and Otoha's were/are at level 4 before starting episode 8

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I just started Chapter 9 and i have a question. It contains spoiler

Hide contents

Aria left. Is this natural for the True Ending? Her affection and Otoha's were/are at level 4 before starting episode 8

Spoiler

I don't know if it is different for normal end, but it is the case for the true end for sure.  You'll be doing all the quests with 4 party members for all of episode 9.  The last quest you'll get before finishing episode 9 is MAD Hunt Request S.  After that you are going down the route to the true end which is technically a point of no return, but you can go back tot he office up until engaging with the final boss it's more of a finish all quests besides that before heading to the yellow event spot in South Middleton and you'll be fine. 

Aria will rejoin right before the final area, which you cannot revisit so make sure to get all the blueprints because there are some very useful ones found there.

Good luck to you!  Episode 9 was brutal.  There is a really good video in the forums here on how to beat the hardest quest monster in one turn that you may find helpful to give a solid strategy to work for this episode.

12 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Hide contents

I don't know if it is different for normal end, but it is the case for the true end for sure.  You'll be doing all the quests with 4 party members for all of episode 9.  The last quest you'll get before finishing episode 9 is MAD Hunt Request S.  After that you are going down the route to the true end which is technically a point of no return, but you can go back tot he office up until engaging with the final boss it's more of a finish all quests besides that before heading to the yellow event spot in South Middleton and you'll be fine. 

Aria will rejoin right before the final area, which you cannot revisit so make sure to get all the blueprints because there are some very useful ones found there.

Good luck to you!  Episode 9 was brutal.  There is a really good video in the forums here on how to beat the hardest quest monster in one turn that you may find helpful to give a solid strategy to work for this episode.

I suppose that monster is the Arcadian Brute? Holy shit, i can't one shot it. Now i have to grind with the current conditions. Wish i knew that before finishing Chapter 8. I have a save from the end of Chapter 7 (in case i make a mistake with the Affection levels). That's way too back

10 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I suppose that monster is the Arcadian Brute? Holy shit, i can't one shot it. Now i have to grind with the current conditions. Wish i knew that before finishing Chapter 8. I have a save from the end of Chapter 7 (in case i make a mistake with the Affection levels). That's way too back

Oh no, it's very doable.  It's basically a matter of maxing out Kanadeko and Nene's technque as much as you can.  Have Otoha and Kyoka do some attacks (like herd or artemis), then cosmic fan x2 and then Twin Harmony.  If you watch the video, you can see the stats and what to do to make this happen. The person who made the video was only in the early 70s when pulling that off and I was able to do the same.  The key is the two cosmic fans right before Twin Harmony.  Doing Cosmic Fan twice increases the damage from Twin Melody by a ton compared to a single cosmic fan.  Do the other quests first, because one gets you another set of mic blueprints which will help increase your stats by a lot.  The only thing you may need to grind for is EP to upgrade the fans.

Edited by ladynadiad

I tried around 10 times at level 62. I still couldn't one shot him (i have lower stats than the ones in the video) but the last time he left one girl alive after his Order Break rampage.

So i healed and took down his last 40000 hp. I hope the rest will be easier

45 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I tried around 10 times at level 62. I still couldn't one shot him (i have lower stats than the ones in the video) but the last time he left one girl alive after his Order Break rampage.

So i healed and took down his last 40000 hp. I hope the rest will be easier

Nothing quite that yuck, but there are a few messy things not mentioned in the guide.  First, do not use Cosmic Fan on the first part of the final boss.  That boss will absorb it and ignores the status effects.  Just use the actions to spam more stuff.  Take the time to go back to the office before the final boss and craft yourself some enamel cords.  That will make a huge difference on the last part of the final boss.  I'm sure you'll be fine though and soon blowing through the post game grind.  I'm working on that now.

Edited by ladynadiad

I made it to post game and got the True Ending. Now i will start grinding levels, should i use Amps with modifiers+ or they don't matter in the long run? I also unlocked some skills called Stats up When Level up but i didn't realize much difference. I only fought the bosses in final chapter and went from level 75 (end of Chapter 9) to level 95.

Edited by sephiroth4424

59 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I made it to post game and got the True Ending. Now i will start grinding levels, should i use Amps with modifiers+ or they don't matter in the long run? I also unlocked some skills called Stats up When Level up but i didn't realize much difference. I only fought the bosses in final chapter and went from level 75 (end of Chapter 9) to level 95

When grinding, it's not going to matter much.  Your stats will become insane and +100 or +250 is so not going to make a difference when your stats are in the 10,000s.  It would be a good idea to give Aria an XP bonus one to help her get caught up, but otherwise it seems that the best thing is to avoid status effects and you still need blueprints for the best ones.  Most of the remaining blueprints are going to be in the training facility. 5 and 6 are a bit tricky because you have two bosses, but 7 and 8 were a breeze at 600+ since they were one boss with an insane amount of HP.

I also went for getting everyone to level 8-9 proficiency on all weapons to get a bunch of points for skills. Keep swapping Momoka's weapon as she maxes out one and you'll have the trophy for that in no time while grinding bugs.  Pretty much at this point its grinding and working your way up the training facility and the hard stuff is mostly out of the way.  We'll both likely get our plats around the same time.

2 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

When grinding, it's not going to matter much.  Your stats will become insane and +100 or +250 is so not going to make a difference when your stats are in the 10,000s.  It would be a good idea to give Aria an XP bonus one to help her get caught up, but otherwise it seems that the best thing is to avoid status effects and you still need blueprints for the best ones.  Most of the remaining blueprints are going to be in the training facility. 5 and 6 are a bit tricky because you have two bosses, but 7 and 8 were a breeze at 600+ since they were one boss with an insane amount of HP.

I also went for getting everyone to level 8-9 proficiency on all weapons to get a bunch of points for skills. Keep swapping Momoka's weapon as she maxes out one and you'll have the trophy for that in no time while grinding bugs.  Pretty much at this point its grinding and working your way up the training facility and the hard stuff is mostly out of the way.  We'll both likely get our plats around the same time.

Do you know how to increase exp gain with Takt? It's mentioned in the trophy guide, Stage 3

Edited by sephiroth4424

8 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Do you know how to increase exp gain with Takt? It's mentioned in the trophy guide, Stage 3

Go to status and press square and you can adjust support type.

5 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Go to status and press square and you can adjust support type.

Do i need to learn something from his Disc? Everything is empty when i'm looking at his status page. Square doesn't do anything

57 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Do i need to learn something from his Disc? Everything is empty when i'm looking at his status page. Square doesn't do anything

Sorry, I was doing that from memory while at work since I couldn't bring up the game.  It's in change order and then press triangle.  You'll then select Acquisition Support at the bottom of the list.

If nothing is there, then you do need to go to disc analysis to learn it.

Now I see why you had trouble one shotting Arcadian Brute, he has one that increases special skill damage that is a big help too.

@ladynadiad Are you using Fans or Hammers in the end-game? I use Fans (level 5 atm) and i'm level 190 at Training Facility 7th floor. I think i need to upgrade now but everything is expensive. Fans have 2 AoE mic skills, Hammers only 1 (the other one has a very small circle, it's useless for AoE damage)

56 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

@ladynadiad Are you using Fans or Hammers in the end-game? I use Fans (level 5 atm) and i'm level 190 at Training Facility 7th floor. I think i need to upgrade now but everything is expensive. Fans have 2 AoE mic skills, Hammers only 1 (the other one has a very small circle, it's useless for AoE damage)

I'm at almost 700 and still using fans.  I caved and got the DLC fan and its stats are insane so it was well worth the whole buck I paid.  No way I'm swapping when Aria is capable of wiping out masses with Solitary Rhapsody and Otoha's stats pale in comparison to hers even before I got that awesome fan.  The guide says its fine to stay all fans if you prefer, it may just have a slight disadvantage for approval grinding, but I'm getting well over 200-300k for normal battles and almost a million for bosses and I am not even to the 12th floor of the training facility where I'd start grinding.

1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm at almost 700 and still using fans.  I caved and got the DLC fan and its stats are insane so it was well worth the whole buck I paid.  No way I'm swapping when Aria is capable of wiping out masses with Solitary Rhapsody and Otoha's stats pale in comparison to hers even before I got that awesome fan.  The guide says its fine to stay all fans if you prefer, it may just have a slight disadvantage for approval grinding, but I'm getting well over 200-300k for normal battles and almost a million for bosses and I am not even to the 12th floor of the training facility where I'd start grinding.

At level 700, how is Nene's speed? Good lord, that girl is so slow, i'm using Vitality+ on all her amp slots so she can have the same speed as the others and don't mess the Harmonics

26 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

At level 700, how is Nene's speed? Good lord, that girl is so slow, i'm using Vitality+ on all her amp slots so she can have the same speed as the others and don't mess the Harmonics

Still bad.  Most of the time as long as there isn't an order break everyone goes before the enemies and I can always do a round of defends to get them together and still go before the enemies.  I have HP and SP heals equipped so it basically is a free heal then.