Let's Play Omega Quintet

On 12/6/2019 at 6:53 PM, ladynadiad said:

I'm at almost 700 and still using fans.  I caved and got the DLC fan and its stats are insane so it was well worth the whole buck I paid.  No way I'm swapping when Aria is capable of wiping out masses with Solitary Rhapsody and Otoha's stats pale in comparison to hers even before I got that awesome fan.  The guide says its fine to stay all fans if you prefer, it may just have a slight disadvantage for approval grinding, but I'm getting well over 200-300k for normal battles and almost a million for bosses and I am not even to the 12th floor of the training facility where I'd start grinding.

Have you beaten the bosses at floor 10 with Fans? 

2 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Have you beaten the bosses at floor 10 with Fans? 

Not yet, but the issue I'm having at the moment is they order break and KO my characters before I get a turn.  It's probably a matter of needing more levels so I'm working on getting my last fan upgrades and some levels since I'd just hit 700 and the guide recommends to start the facility at 700.

Just now, ladynadiad said:

Not yet, but the issue I'm having at the moment is they order break and KO my characters before I get a turn.  It's probably a matter of needing more levels so I'm working on getting my last fan upgrades and some levels since I'd just hit 700 and the guide recommends to start the facility at 700.

I start first at level 531. Problem is, i can't deal that much damage to one shot Satanael at least. I saw some videos, they use hammers so i'm wondering. I have 3 millions so i can only craft 2 Fans that cost 1.5 mil

3 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I start first at level 531. Problem is, i can't deal that much damage to one shot Satanael at least. I saw some videos, they use hammers so i'm wondering. I have 3 millions so i can only craft 2 Fans that cost 1.5 mil

I was able to get the floor 9 boss very easily with fans. My general strategy is try to go in with 1-2 voltage.  Cosmic fan x 2, as many fan abilities as I can fit in and then end with solitary rhapsody.  If it doesn't go down, then deal with the attacks and do another round of that.

As far as what fans I have, Aria has the DLC one (it's called Angel Wing).  Nene has Silent Cross and everyone else has Hades.  I think Hades is the one you are trying to upgrade to.  Floor 10 has the blueprints for Silent Cross.  But for me, strategy doesn't matter if I can't even get a turn before getting KOed (seriously, the order break at the beginning of battle is the biggest piece of BS I've ever seen).  So I'm going to be working on getting everyone else the Silent Cross fan and then grind on the mobs of the 10th floor until I get to maybe level 720 or so and see if that does it.

I got myself to level 730 and could also kill Satanael, but I am able to barely survive Vermillion's onslaught and eventually went down.  More levels are definitely helping me, so I'm probably going to go for level 750 for this one.

It does seem to be down to luck though if they get an order break at the beginning or not.  Seems to be about 50/50 for me and if they don't, I can survive a decent amount of time.  Level 750 probably will do it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I got myself to level 730 and could also kill Satanael, but I am able to barely survive Vermillion's onslaught and eventually went down.  More levels are definitely helping me, so I'm probably going to go for level 750 for this one.

It does seem to be down to luck though if they get an order break at the beginning or not.  Seems to be about 50/50 for me and if they don't, I can survive a decent amount of time.  Level 750 probably will do it.

I almost killed Vermillion at level 549, he had 60000 health before i died. If i had one better weapon for one girl it would be over

@ladynadiad Try to enter the battle where it spawns 6 enemies alongside the 2 bosses. That was my best run. At level 700+ you should beat it. Use a lot group defense and you will survive

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

The thing is that you can't control how you enter the battle, but I did get it with only three enemies being spawned and using fans.  Did Cosmic Fan x2, Light Crescent + Herd of Artemis from everyone.  Solitary Rhapsody and then had Kanadeko use Fantasy Friant on Vermillion.  Didn't one shot it, but got Vermillion down enough and survived the onslaught and was able to heal up and spam fan skills to get the rest.

Also, make sure you swap Takt's support mode to special.  I forgot to do that and that's the main reason I was having issues.

Edit: You'll be glad to know that floor 11 is a piece of cake compared to 10.  The boss usually only hits one character at a time, so you can easily just whittle away at its HP.  Floor 12's mobs are brutal though and you'll probably want to grind and get your fans upgraded before even trying that floor.  In good news, floor 11 is great for grinding.  It's all mobs you can handle for sure since it's just the Centre Plaza mobs in larger amounts.  I'm actually netting over 1 million approval in some of those battles too.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

The thing is that you can't control how you enter the battle, but I did get it with only three enemies being spawned and using fans.  Did Cosmic Fan x2, Light Crescent + Herd of Artemis from everyone.  Solitary Rhapsody and then had Kanadeko use Fantasy Friant on Vermillion.  Didn't one shot it, but got Vermillion down enough and survived the onslaught and was able to heal up and spam fan skills to get the rest.

Also, make sure you swap Takt's support mode to special.  I forgot to do that and that's the main reason I was having issues.

Edit: You'll be glad to know that floor 11 is a piece of cake compared to 10.  The boss usually only hits one character at a time, so you can easily just whittle away at its HP.  Floor 12's mobs are brutal though and you'll probably want to grind and get your fans upgraded before even trying that floor.  In good news, floor 11 is great for grinding.  It's all mobs you can handle for sure since it's just the Centre Plaza mobs in larger amounts.  I'm actually netting over 1 million approval in some of those battles too.

Which shields are you using on each girl? The accessories i'm using are Enamel Cords but the shield/protectors are random

2 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Which shields are you using on each girl? The accessories i'm using are Enamel Cords but the shield/protectors are random

I'm using the heart barrier on all of them.  Just kind of left that there after affection grinding but the HP regeneration is useful if you can't beat a boss in one go.

Floor 12 is very brutal by the way.  All the mobs are bosses that are level 885 and were wiping out my level 800 party in no time, so I'm grinding on floor 11 a bit more after wiping out the quests that opened up with me hitting 150 million approval.  Still, the end is in sight for us!

23 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm using the heart barrier on all of them.  Just kind of left that there after affection grinding but the HP regeneration is useful if you can't beat a boss in one go.

Floor 12 is very brutal by the way.  All the mobs are bosses that are level 885 and were wiping out my level 800 party in no time, so I'm grinding on floor 11 a bit more after wiping out the quests that opened up with me hitting 150 million approval.  Still, the end is in sight for us!

I just did floor 10 at 549 level. I had to spend all my money on Vitality+ so Nene and Aria would have the same speed as the other 3. What do you mean about affection? I haven't maxed it yet

37 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I just did floor 10 at 549 level. I had to spend all my money on Vitality+ so Nene and Aria would have the same speed as the other 3. What do you mean about affection? I haven't maxed it yet

I already maxed out affection for all 5 girls.  I have a turbo controller and work from home, so I just left the game running for a day after beating the game and maxed them all out to get that out of the way.  HP regeneration is a must if you're leaving the game running while you do something else with a turbo controller because even if the enemies miss a lot, they do still accomplish doing damage every now and then and over a few hours with no healing that adds up so if you go that route, you'll want to equip the girl you're working on maxing affection for with a Heart Barrier to regen HP. Otherwise everyone has enamel cords.  I also had to get some vitality and technique amps (Solitary Rhapsody is song power + technique and I think both Prima Donna and Fantasy Friant are technique based and those can be handy too for stupidly high HP bosses), but Aria hasn't needed vitality, only Nene ends up lagging behind badly.

I just beat the double boss in F12 only to find out that there is another with 15 million health? Give me a break.

EDIT. That boss and the final boss had a ton of health but weren't hard.Just long fights. I'm done with everything except Affection trophies, the 1 billion approval and killing 10k enemies. So from now on it's just mindless and unnecessary grinding. The method with the first boss in 12F works well, i'm getting 10-17 million per fight (more enemies-more approval) when they don't Order Break me before i have a chance to play. I'm using 4 girls with Fans and Nene with Hammer

Edited by sephiroth4424

Got the platinum!  I ended up doing approval grinding with all fans.  Just adjusted the ultimate crush at the beginning to herd of artemis and added another light crescent instead of ultimate crush for the second round.  Then I left the game running all day today with a turbo controller and got the plat just a bit ago.

I'd like Aria for my trophy please.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Got the platinum!  I ended up doing approval grinding with all fans.  Just adjusted the ultimate crush at the beginning to herd of artemis and added another light crescent instead of ultimate crush for the second round.  Then I left the game running all day today with a turbo controller and got the plat just a bit ago.

I'd like Aria for my trophy please.

Good Job on OQ cYAXDtk.gif

@Masamune

39 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Yep, i found it. I have 4671 -_-

It increases fast once you get to affection and kills grinding.  The area on floor 1 that would be a boss room on most other floors is a great spot for affection and kills grinding.  Something you may want to do since you're pretty much done is if you haven't already go to System>Config>Game settings and turn on the skip option in the middle.  That skips skill and attack animations, but not Takt's actions so that makes it faster to grind for affection.  Once done with affection trophies change it to ultra skip which also skips Takt's actions because you no longer need them.  Both options will speed up battles considerably, which makes grinding more tolerable and faster even if you don't have a turbo controller to automate some parts.

@Masamune - Of course I'd pick Aria.  She was about the only person in the group with some brains and she's a very useful character.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

It increases fast once you get to affection and kills grinding.  The area on floor 1 that would be a boss room on most other floors is a great spot for affection and kills grinding.  Something you may want to do since you're pretty much done is if you haven't already go to System>Config>Game settings and turn on the skip option in the middle.  That skips skill and attack animations, but not Takt's actions so that makes it faster to grind for affection.  Once done with affection trophies change it to ultra skip which also skips Takt's actions because you no longer need them.  Both options will speed up battles considerably, which makes grinding more tolerable and faster even if you don't have a turbo controller to automate some parts.

I don't have a turbo controller and yes, i used ultra skip and skip the entire game. I also avoided fighting because of low sp through the main game which is why i ended up with less than half kills when i'm pretty much done with everything else. Well, it's like FF9 all over again. I'll be done by Easter :lol: