New DLC this week

Ps blog has it coming out on the 13th 

Players will be able to dive into the mysterious Labyrinth to face new and terrifying enemies, including The Price of Wraiths, as our heroes seek to avoid the destruction of the Evermore Kingdom.

New features include:

• The Labyrinth: A brand new zone containing a number of new enemies and challenges.
  • The Martial Method: The latest addition to the battle system. Players will get access to two Martial Methods. Gizmo Supremo, which provides players access to hi-tech gadgets to turn the tide of battle and Ding Dong Discipline, a combat method inherited by the kingdom’s finest warriors. The Martial Methods can be changed and improved in the kingdom.
  • New quests unveiling the past of some of the main characters, and new pieces of equipment to collect.

A free update is also going to be released later this week, fixing some minor issues and raising the max level cap for party members to level 120.

• Like 3

is this DLC from the season pass, or another free update? if its part of the season pass it looks like they kept to their word about releasing the first part of it during the winter before the year ends.

i know there is a free update which i read in a post, but wasn't sure if this main update is part of the season pass. 

1 hour ago, RJP_X said:

is this DLC from the season pass, or another free update? if its part of the season pass it looks like they kept to their word about releasing the first part of it during the winter before the year ends.

i know there is a free update which i read in a post, but wasn't sure if this main update is part of the season pass. 

It's most likely safe to assume that this is the 1st of the DLC's that is included as a part of the Season Pass. It will also probably be available for non-season pass owners at $9.99 or so if I had to take a guess.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.. So I'm just assuming. But I base this assumption off of the "free" Adventure Pack DLC... That "free" DLC was more or less a quality of life improvement if anything because if I recall correctly that is the same time they introduced some of the balancing fixes/the new difficulty levels. So outside of that it was relatively small "new" stuff and the fixes were needed. So the "Zeta" quest and extra 10 levels on the Dungeon/Blackhart just seemed to me as gesture of good faith to the community that was unhappy with an overall "Easy/Not Challenging" game. Basically to me the adventure pack DLC is "here's a balance update with some extra quests, sorry for the non-challenging game. We hope combat is more satisfying now!"

From the scope of this trailer this appears to be a full-fledged DLC and will be included for Season Pass owners. I have no reason to believe that they would release a new DLC of this scale that wouldn't be included for Season Pass owners.

But like I said above.. I'm only guessing. I haven't seen anything concrete that says this is included.

EDIT - I just found this link https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ni-no-kuni-2-season-pass-dlc-details-revealed/1100-6460756/

Taken from the link above

"The remaining two DLC packs will be reserved for those who purchased Ni No Kuni 2's $20 season pass. The first is slated to arrive this winter and will introduce an "enigmatic" new dungeon that features progressively more challenging enemies as players delve deeper into it. The second expansion is expected to release in early 2019 and will add new story content. Additional details on these DLC packs will be shared later."

From reading the second sentence that describes the first DLC. It is safe to say that this trailer is indeed the same "enigmatic" new dungeon that they are describing.

Edited by JayBizzle311
  • Like 1