Tips for Real Deal MVP Trophy - Solo

QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui

• 2 months later...

I still think it's easier to win open race solo than this. In race card abilities have lot less effect, there's no difference in guns you use between you and high level, and there's no auto aim. Giving lower level player better fighting and surviving chance. Plus fighting is not really what you have to focus on in open race. 

My advice for open race would be to either look up online for best line through checkpoints, or like i did figure out who's good at it in your loby and try to follow them to learn path. Avoid fight unless you are neck to neck at end for first place. Also if you have ultimate edition from what i was told you get horse with same speed and stamina as the thoroughbred you unlock with 18 gold bars at level 51. I don't have ultimate edition so i can't confirm this myself. Of course you also want to max bond with your horse.

I'm not saying that tactic suggested by QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui won't work for you. I just think it will take you lot more luck and/or lot better loadout than in open race. However i didn't test out his method and i could be red dead  wrong on this.

Edit: Blackwater is shortest open race, but i advice you to learn route for at least 3 open race.

Edited by ihadalifeb4this
  • Like 1

On races, it is much more about knowing the maps, and strategies and luck of course. The level is not so important (if you play with agressive players spending their time to shoot, it can be crazy of course). For smoke-checkpoints races, I never waste time by shooting other players, I only focus on the checkpoints and imo:

- Hard : Blackwater and Tumbleweed : very quick, requires luck not to fall by encountering other horses

- Medium :  Valentine

- Easy : Rhodes and Saint-Denis are really easy if you know the good paths, little probability to encounter players (and a lot of players waste time by roaming on the map)

I would say : do not be impressed by high-leveled players with the best horses. Many of them are really bad about races ?

• Like 1

With regards to standard races, I found that giving everyone else a head-start helps. Everyone tends to get caught up in trying to take the lead early on and a lot of players crash into each other and die since they're all bunched together. If you purposely stay behind for a while you can avoid these potentially violent situations, and then start to catch up with the leaders. If your timing is good, you should be able to collect newly-spawned weapons and stamina boosts as you do so (it's always worth collecting the latter, even if you have to go slightly off-course to do so). Dead-eye helps in taking out more aggressive players, but don't antagonise people too much; this can backfire. I usually only start shooting at people if a). they're harassing me (I stop, let them pass, then pursue and aim for their head), or b). the end is in sight and there's a good chance I could win with some accurate shooting. 

By no means will this method guarantee a hot winning streak, but I honestly believe there's no point in charging ahead from the get-go. I've been winning more races since I started to hang back for the first few checkpoints than I was before I adopted this strategy. Admittedly my win/loss ratio is not good, but hey, I got the trophy doing this! My personal favourite racecourses for this method are Pike's Basin and Fort Wallace.

• Like 2

I did this Trophy in the Beginning with races only. But then everybody was new. After I had the Throphy i was 7-9 times MvP in Gun Rush in 2019. Maybe this Battle Royal Mode would be something for you?

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

• 5 months later...

Didn´t had any experience in RDO since yesterday. This Topic make me think, that I should try it to get the MVP trophy out of the way. Not sure if I did something wrong but I wasn´t even able to participate on an Hostile Territory game because I could only join series and it never showed up. Funny enough I got the trophy in 3 different maps as MVP even if I was garbage in killing People because with Level 1 you just get wrecked by the other Players and their weapons :D 

I was getting MVP in one of the supply maps where you Need to steal it from the other Team and get it back. In this map in my opinion it depends on how many suppliers you steal and if someone has the same amount it depends on the kills. But once one guy had 16 kills and no supply steals so maybe this changed if you have a high enough number of kills.

Second MVP was in this fortness / garrison map where you Need to hold more flags then the other Team. Just run like a lunatic to all the flags and flagged them for my Team. In the end I had after 3 round round about 31 flagged flags and some kills and got MVP. Second one got round about 20 flags but more kills then me.

Last one was the map where you Need to bomb the Opponents camp. I just delivered 3 times a bomb in the other camp with 0 kills. Second one had bombed the other camp 2 times and between 5-10 kills.

If there is a possibility to choose a specific mode like Hostile Territories I would go for that, but I didn´t find a Option in the Internet oder ingame. Maybe I was just to stupid to find it ;) 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is crazy.... How do I get into Hostile Takeover?

I keep going to Takeover series. and I never get these matches. I honestly feel this is impossible and I should just give up on it. been trying to find a hostile territory game for 2 days now. Iv seen 1. and then it moves on to another match. any tips?

On 8/24/2019 at 10:17 PM, HOGIE838IRE said:

This worked great. I stayed in territory A while they were all fighting over territory B and even though in the beginning I got killed twice I still earned MVP. 1 down 2 to go, only trouble is waiting for the mode to come up...

but if you leave the match doesn't it screw over the MVP 3 in arow? I cant find a single match. I leave 95% of matches

8 minutes ago, Oley1kenobi said:

This is crazy.... How do I get into Hostile Takeover?

I keep going to Takeover series. and I never get these matches. I honestly feel this is impossible and I should just give up on it. been trying to find a hostile territory game for 2 days now. Iv seen 1. and then it moves on to another match. any tips?

but if you leave the match doesn't it screw over the MVP 3 in arow? I cant find a single match. I leave 95% of matches

It doesn’t need to be 3 in a row just 3 in total! Just stay on that mode and wait for the hostile territory to come up. It can take awhile sometimes so need to be patient.

2 minutes ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

It doesn’t need to be 3 in a row just 3 in total! Just stay on that mode and wait for the hostile territory to come up. It can take awhile sometimes so need to be patient.

but the trophy says 3 in arow

4 minutes ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

omg I read it wrong. 3 times in a round with atleast 4 players. oooh thank god. someone said 3 in arow and I thought I saw that too. this seems much easier now

3 hours ago, Oley1kenobi said:

I have gotten the MVP 4 times now. is there any reason why it hasn't popped yet? anyone have any issues with this?

It should've after the third unless the game was fucking up.

15 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Yeah. I got two in a row, then the third in the round after I placed second.

Edited by MidnightDragon

i got 3 from hostile territory and 1 from overrun
I know 100% that the 2 I got last night were over 4 people 100%

the 2 I got in the afternoon. im not 100% sure I swear there was over 4 people in the match

guess those 2 didnt count. man the next one BETTER count or Ill most likely be seriously pissed off lol. hate the online battles I just wanna hunt and do missions

I did the camping near points because I plain suck at playing. Playing the capture the flag and stay near point is best. I think I only won 1 or 2 races.  Sometimes it takes a few to get the match u want again 

• 3 months later...
On 26/1/2020 at 2:05 PM, rockstarjazz said:

how is it possible to boost this if you cant even manually select the race or game you want to play, and it always has randoms in the lineup?

You need to wait for that mode to come up it's a pain alright! Once in it most players will fight over two sections (i.e. - A and B) so you just hang out in C and defend yourself from attackers. Having spent the most time in a section you will obtain MVP no problem. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...