Orchids are to hard to find

RiverBeaver

I am trying to complete the Exotics strand in singleplayer, but for those I need to collect a bunch of orchids.
A lot of them.

I do have the guide book, so I know where to find them. But even on the right location it is a crime to find one.
Try finding a tiny flower on the ground in Tall Trees. This takes collectables to a new level I think.
Even with eagle/hunter vision it is still almost not visible.

Edited by NL_Sion

what chapter are you on?...and have you spoken to algernon to start the quest yet?...i tried collecting them all in chapter 2...some (about half) don't spawn until you actually have the side quest active which is possible in chapter 4...you can grab all the plumes and gator eggs as early as chapter 2 though...

For locations, I used PowerPyx's maps. I also found it much easier to search for them at night - eagle eye "sparkle" is a lot more visible.

Also, placing all of your markers at once and then just following them one after another might speed up your search.

Edited by HusKyCode
  • Like 1

Check this video out that Abyss made.. It has timestamps of all the exotic plants and locations.  This guy and GTA Series Videos covers pretty much everything you need in terms of other collectibles / tasks for 100% as well. I find that PowerPyx's RDR2 videos helpful but not comprehensive like Abyss and GTA Series Videos.

I finally completed the Exotics strand!. ?

In my case, I used the guide book and online guide video's made by other players.
And I encountered multiple cases where somethimes I was standing at the right place and the orchid did not spawn.
When I would come back a few ingame days later somethimes the orchid did spawn.
It usully happened for me when I was at the last orchid of that species, like 4/5 or 9/10.

16 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

someone on gamefaqs posted an interesting point that the last orchid only spawns when its request is active, meaning it will NOT spawn before. Not sure it is 100% true but worth noting.

Yep that true. Found Gator Egg locations in the swamps glowing with Eagle Eye but NO EGGS! When I got the quest from Algernon tats when the eggs spawned.

Directly from the guide: "Rare orchids can be picked a single time per stage at each spawn point. Note that there are additional, ambient specimens to find in the world other than those that Algernon asks for."

Funny that he is named Algernon Cus there is very popular classic book called: FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.

Edited by dokkanexpert

On 11/12/2018 at 11:30 PM, HusKyCode said:

For locations, I used PowerPyx's maps. I also found it much easier to search for them at night - eagle eye "sparkle" is a lot more visible.

Also, placing all of your markers at once and then just following them one after another might speed up your search.

Like Husky said, look for the Powerpix guide, he has picture of all the locations instead of making you watch and search on a vídeo... 

• 4 weeks later...