DCUO Free to play.

AlteredFormula

Thats right, DCUO turns free to play from next month.

http://www.computera...s-free-to-play/

DC Universe Online will become a free-to-play game this October.

Sony Online Entertainment executive producer Lorin Jameson told IGN the company was altering the PC and PS3 MMO's business model because the cost of the game exceeded the company's original forecast.

"In terms of 'Is it a result in a drop in subs' - absolutely not," he said. "This is the right business model. If I can be honest, the game ended up costing a lot more than we thought it would, and this was our preferred business model from day one.

"I don't know about you, but my credit card statement every month is this amalgam of s*** of MMOs that I'm too lazy to cancel. What we want is to offer people a way to not worry about that."

The game will be offered in three packages from next month, which are outlined below:

Free

New players will now have access to the current gameplay in DC Universe Online (including Gotham City, Metropolis, and all current raids and alerts), with the ability to create two characters, join a league and many other benefits. Free level players will be able to purchase downloadable game packs/updates, additional character slots, powers and more through microtransactions.

Premium

Any player who has spent at least $5 (including former paid subscribers and new players who have purchased $5 of in-game items) will qualify for the Premium access level. Premium level players will have more benefits available to them than the Free level player, including additional character slots, additional inventory slots, and higher cash limits. Downloadable adventure packs, additional character slots, and more can be purchased in-game.

Legendary

Maximum features and benefits are included at this level. Loaded with enhanced additional features, Legendary access will be available for a $14.99 monthly fee and includes all DLC packs at no cost, more than 15 character slots, more than 80 inventory slots, the ability to form unrestricted-sized leagues, and many other benefits.

More information on the DCUO free-to-play access levels can be found here.

Closing Thread, Please See Steel Sammys thread on the same topic.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/689-dc-universe-online-free-to-play/