Are PSN codes on a timer?

UniqueWise568

Hi. I don't know if this is the right thread, if not, please move.

I saw an Ebay posting selling Kingdom Hearts 3, RE2 remake and Super Mario Bros digital codes. In the item posting, it says you receive the code within the same day you buy it, but cannot activate until the 11th January. Is this legitimate and that psn codes are already available but on a timer until you can activate? Thanks for the help. 

8 minutes ago, xAaron91 said:

Is there any kind of information on it? I was thinking maybe he/she is a retailer as the account is under Registered Business Seller.

If they are a retailer, they are likely under contract not to sell the games until they officially release. Especially for something like Kingdom Hearts. 

Just now, Kittet3 said:

If they are a retailer, they are likely under contract not to sell the games until they officially release. Especially for something like Kingdom Hearts. 

You can open up a case for any item within 60 days after purchasing it, the only reason you'll need to open a case is if didn't work on its activation date not before.
You can buy codes already from suppliers.

This is the email I received when contacted. I'm sure its 30 days?

5 minutes ago, xAaron91 said:

You can open up a case for any item within 60 days after purchasing it, the only reason you'll need to open a case is if didn't work on its activation date not before.
You can buy codes already from suppliers.

This is the email I received when contacted. I'm sure its 30 days?

Ebay's guidelines are 30 days for their money back guarantee policy re: item is not what it was described: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?id=4210 The seller might have an extended return period listed, but it'll be harder to get eBay involved after 30 days. 

I looked at Walmart, Target, and Amazon. Only Amazon is selling digital codes and they don't send them out until the release date. So there probably are codes out there right now, but I wouldn't trust anyone besides a trusted retailer to be selling them and they won't release them until the release date.

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Ebay's guidelines are 30 days for their money back guarantee policy re: item is not what it was described: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?id=4210 The seller might have an extended return period listed, but it'll be harder to get eBay involved after 30 days. 

I looked at Walmart, Target, and Amazon. Only Amazon is selling digital codes and they don't send them out until the release date. So there probably are codes out there right now, but I wouldn't trust anyone besides a trusted retailer to be selling them and they won't release them until the release date.

Thanks. Can you link me to the Amazon page selling KH3 digital codes?