PS4 firmware 6.20 is now live

MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, Jeffboy24 said:

Just another patch to fix the holes in the System.

Glad that hacker still can't find a way to get on PS4 Online. Keep it up as long as possible please Sony! 

I mean, when PS5 comes, they'll stop caring about PS4 as much. Look at what happened with PS3 and Vita. But I agree, it's nice not having modded lobbies on PS4, or derankers. 

6 hours ago, Kevitz said:

if you buy physical media, that problem is unlikely to happen.

Unfortunately, not true. Physical PS4 discs still install to the hard drive before running. Really the only advantage is not having to download the data over the internet (useful if you have limited bandwidth or restrictive data caps).

As far as hard drive space, you still need to constantly delete games.

I'm still managing with my launch 500gig model, but really I need to replace it sooner than later as it really restricts having more than a couple of AAA games on the go at any given time.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

How? I'm still on the stock HD from my launch PS4. Trick is to uninstall games when you're finished with them! Lol

Yeah the trick is finishing games I guess. Haha. Also doesn't help I buy so much! >< Thats 2019 will be backlog killing for me!! ?

12 hours ago, Guest said:

if you buy physical media, that problem is unlikely to happen.

Still got to full install them these days buddy. But I just got too many installed games. Took some that I never touched in a year. All good now! Thxs for all the tips!!?

13 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

How? I'm still on the stock HD from my launch PS4. Trick is to uninstall games when you're finished with them! Lol

nah, my back log looking a bit too sexy for that man. Haven't found much time to finish anything in last two years xD Not sure about him though, I need to upgrade my hdd or get a external drive but I keep putting it off.

6 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Unfortunately, not true. Physical PS4 discs still install to the hard drive before running. Really the only advantage is not having to download the data over the internet (useful if you have limited bandwidth or restrictive data caps).

As far as hard drive space, you still need to constantly delete games.

I'm still managing with my launch 500gig model, but really I need to replace it sooner than later as it really restricts having more than a couple of AAA games on the go at any given time.

You people do know that you can connect an external drive to the PS4 and use it for game storage right? I've got two 4tb connected to mine and I only use the internal storage for saves.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Yeah the trick is finishing games I guess. Haha. Also doesn't help I buy so much! >< Thats 2019 will be backlog killing for me!! 1f600.png

Still got to full install them these days buddy. But I just got too many installed games. Took some that I never touched in a year. All good now! Thxs for all the tips!!1f49d.png

You know you don't have to install them until you want to play them though right? Lol. Or are you one of those playing 10 games at once! When I've got the plat or comoleted/got bored of the game it's off my hard drive immediately, can't stand clutter! 

23 minutes ago, Xorhi said:

nah, my back log looking a bit too sexy for that man. Haven't found much time to finish anything in last two years xD Not sure about him though, I need to upgrade my hdd or get a external drive but I keep putting it off.

So you start lots of games but don't finish them, then start more? Lol, I think your issue might be a limited attention span rather than limited storage! Guess we all play games in our own way though, I can't have more than two being played at once. 

37 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

So you start lots of games but don't finish them, then start more? Lol, I think your issue might be a limited attention span rather than limited storage! Guess we all play games in our own way though, I can't have more than two being played at once. 

Some people just don't have enough time to complete games fast enough before a new one their hyped about hits. Eventually it stacks up.

• Like 2

Buy yourselves at least a 2 TB harddrive that is compatible for your PS4. 

Problem solved. I bought mine three years ago and haven't regretted it. 

500 GBs is far too small for the amount of space you need for today's AAA games.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Buy yourselves at least a 2 TB harddrive that is compatible for your PS4. 

Problem solved. I bought mine three years ago and haven't regretted it. 

500 GBs is far too small for the amount of space you need for today's AAA games.

2TB isn't enough, unless you intend to play only about 30 games.

Getting a 6TB minimum is at least future proofing your system if you like to buy more games than you'll ever have time to play.

• Like 1