Soul Sacrifice Delta

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines 

Other core games like

Killzone: Mercenary  

Persona 4 Golden 

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Death Mark (Shin)

Disgeaea 3 / 4

and if you love JRPGs and Visual Novels then its also a goldmine and well worth the investment. 

Cross-Save support for most games too so if you own a copy on the PS4 or PS3 you can upload your save to the cloud (need to have PS+ for this) and download it to your Vita and carry on when you leave the house. Most games that have cross-save also have Cross-Buy giving you the Vita version free of charge when purchasing the PS3 or PS4 version of that game. 

Also if you have PS+ subscription you should have loads of free Vita games if you added them to the basket over the years so that alone is worth the investment. To anybody out there saying its not worth it is just plain stupid, because either way they are guaranteed  to be a PS+ member on PS3 or 4. 

Also do yourself a favour i you do get one buy the PS Vita Slim because it will get harder to find replacement cables for the original as it gets fazed out. The slim has Micro USB charging so despite the screen being better on the original it is also a killer on the battery life with the original which is another reason to get the slim model i mean its a portable so you want to maximise your battery life. 

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

People here most definitely will say yes.

Reality however is more like: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This, to be honest.

There are a few decent to great JRPG's on there like Persona 4 and Ys 7 & 8, lots of great indie games and it works wonders as a PS1 emulation machine. Killzone Mercenary is pretty good too but besides that I don't think there's too many great games for it, unless you like visual novels and low budget weeb RPG's. Not that there's anything wrong with those games, but they are for a small audience. Do not be fooled by the Vita defense force going around these boards, there's a good chance your Vita will be collecting dust within a month if you buy it even now.

• Like 4

POOP!?!? how dare you call vita-chan poop! the vita is the best handheld ever ?

:dunno: in all seriousness unless you're the type of person that japanime weeaboo games are mareketed towards then it has very little good games to offer that aren't ports. i get so much use out of mine because i am the type of person those games are marketed towards though. 

• Like 3

I own a shitload of games for mine. Problem is, no stores stock them anymore and you're left paying a fortune either for overpriced digital copies, or for importing / eBaying games, so even if there was a good bunch of games you know you'd want, you'd end up paying much more than they're worth anyway in all likelihood.

You want portable, you want quality, just buy a Switch on sale.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I own a shitload of games for mine. Problem is, no stores stock them anymore and you're left paying a fortune either for overpriced digital copies, or for importing / eBaying games, so even if there was a good bunch of games you know you'd want, you'd end up paying much more than they're worth anyway in all likelihood.

You want portable, you want quality, just buy a Switch on sale.

Except there are so many great games on VITA and not switch. 

It is still possible to get some good retail deals - I recently got lumines from cex for £6 and can trade it back for £4. Games are also very often on digital sale. So basically just the same as you should do on all consoles - get cheap retail or wait for digital sales. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cerulean3 said:

If you like JRPG's and indie games then you will love the Vita. 

40 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

If you aren't a Dudebro wanting the latest graphically intence AAA then yes. If you love Japanese games, especially JRPGs, then Fuck Yes. If you want something to let you grab a few trophies on the train then there are lots of fun little indy games too. 

I don't necessarily agree with this. JRPG's are my favorite genre by far, but aside from Ys, Trails of Cold Steel and Persona 4 (you can include Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice and some other titles with that gameplay if you want), I feel most JRPG games on the Vita are pretty low effort and low quality. I was very hyped for quality JRPG titles and ports when I got my Vita but most releases are tedious low budget grindfests with some underage pink haired girls thrown in there because they know that will sell. So yes, there are many JRPG's on there, but I feel not that many good ones.

Edited by DezuReborn

14 minutes ago, DezuReborn said:

I don't necessarily agree with this. JRPG's are my favorite genre by far, but aside from Ys, Trails of Cold Steel and Persona 4 (you can include Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice and some other titles with that gameplay if you want), I feel most JRPG games on the Vita are pretty low effort and low quality. I was very hyped for quality JRPG titles and ports when I got my Vita but most releases are tedious low budget grindfests with some underage pink haired girls thrown in there because they know that will sell. So yes, there are many JRPG's on there, but I feel not that many good ones. 

Agree to disagree I guess. Do not forget all the PSP games and ps1 ports too. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot

I think they are ace myself and wouldn't be without mine!  Best thing I ever bought for sciving in the workplace.

One of the best things about when I first got it was that I had an absolute shit tonne of games I could download for free from the psn store with all the cross buy games I've got over the years.

The store consists of a lot of japanese games, so if you are in to that it is worth the shot. I purely bought it so i could stack some games and my wide backlog of ps plus games. I try to keep my internal vita trophy list 100% and it is going pretty well =)

Even thou Sony is dropping support for the PSVITA doesn't mean its a lost cause. Buy it because there are so many games that will keep you busying for an least a year or two on the Vita if you never owned one. There are other threads where gamers discuss what are the best games so I would go look into that. For the price it's now and how cheap you can pick up games it's a good bargain. 

Let me check your tastes, OP, and I'll

This user was requested to be removed and cannot be tracked

...uh, okay.

6 hours ago, Paleblood said:

People here most definitely will say yes.

Reality however is more like: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's pretty funny to hear that from a Bloodborne fan. Outsold Splatoon yet?

• Like 3