Automated Bombs and Blocks Method [Very Slow]

tumsquared

Hello all!

I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 recently and saw an automated method to complete one of the gambling challenges thanks to @HusKyCode by using PS4 Remote play on your PC, AutoHotKey [AHK] [which is a free open-source software for all sorts of automation tasks], and a simple script to run those tasks.

It got me thinking that I could possibly write something similar [or, you know, copy the base of the code from husky hehe] to alleviate some of the grinding for the one million blocks and bombs trophies. 

It's an extremely slow method as one loop of a five set match can take about 1:13 seconds from first bomb to first bomb. Rounding up to 1.25 minutes, this would give 48 loops in one hours. This nets 240 bombs and 384-432 blocks per hour [assuming 8-9 blocks per set of five]. Thus, taking well over 2500 hours [assuming you don't play the game at all to help out]. But hey, in my opinion, its way better than grinding out over 200 hours of playing the same map over and over again by yourself.

[I'm changing my assumption to 10 blocks per set of five if you play on critical path as it always seems to spawn 2 around you. This changes calculations for blocks per hour to 480 and total hours down to a little less than 2100.]

The spoiler shows the script I used which just alternates pressing the circle and x buttons every fifth of a second.

Forum post describing Husky's method

Enjoy grinding in your sleep and let me know how it works out for you!

Spoiler

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
^b::
Toggle := !Toggle
loop
{
    If not Toggle
        break
    ControlSend, , {Escape down}, PS4 Remote Play
    Sleep 20
    ControlSend, , {Escape up}, PS4 Remote Play
    Sleep, 200
    ControlSend, , {Enter down}, PS4 Remote Play
    Sleep 20
    ControlSend, , {Enter up}, PS4 Remote Play
    Sleep, 200
}
return

In other notes, I have a feeling that if there are multiple human players in the same game, the bombs used and blocks destroyed by all the characters are credited towards the first active profile. Is anyone able to confirm this?

Edited by tumsquared
general edit
  • Like 3

I've been grinding this game now for a couple of months, I must be getting near to finishing the blocks off. Here's a few methods I've been using to get this done. I also own one turbo controller to get more blocks when I'm at work and a sleep.

Here's my method when I actually play and grind the blocks out in local multi-player. This is my settings I use to get around 4,000-4,500 blocks per hour and that's around 220-250 hours of playing the same level.

Set the match up as a 2 player game using a second controller and use the following rules.

Rules: Battle Royal

COM Level: Off

Sets: 5

Time: 9

Start Position: Fixed

Revenge Carts: Off

Pressure Blocks: Off

Skulls: Off

Special Abilities: Off

Level: Critical Path

With this level you can get the max flame in a instant with the golden flame and you can also get the pierce bomb which goes through all the blocks. Getting these together knocks out the blocks very fast and there's around 70~75 blocks on this level. 90% of the time you can get all these within a minute. I usually aim to get them all in 45 seconds, but you can get really good times and get them all in 30~35 seconds. I always move the second controller up one space to miss my flames from my bombs. Here's a video of my set up.

My next method is when I'm at work, sleeping and when I'm busy. I've been using my Hori fighting pad for this as it's got a turbo on it. This method can get 10 blocks per minute, so that's 600 blocks an hour. So if you didn't want to play at all and just grind this when your at work or sleeping, this will take 1666 hours. That's with just one turbo pad though. I can confirm that using guest account adds up the bombs and blocks. So if you 3 turbo pads, you could get 1,800 blocks an hour. So that would only take 555 hours without even playing. I can't say 4 turbo pads as it would only be a draw everytime and it would never save the stats. So 3 human players and 1 computer you could do this method. Unfortunately I only have one turbo controller, but it all adds up!

Anyway, here's my method I use for this. Again, set up a local multi-player with a second controller or CPU.

Rules: Battle Royal

COM Level: Weak/Normal/Strong

Sets: 5

Time: 9

Start Position: Fixed

Revenge Carts: Off

Pressure Blocks: Off

Skulls: Off

Special Abilities: On

Level: Slippery Garden

Keep your special abilities on! Now choose bomber type and pick the Plasma Bomber. (You unlock him in the story after beating him) Once the game starts, use the turbo controller for the button 'X'. The Plasma Bomber has the special ability to set off bombs instantly which makes getting 10 blocks in one minute. The only thing I can't confirm here is if these count towards the bomb count, but I'll show a fast way getting bombs as well. Here's a video of this set up.

This is my final method to get bombs done really fast with a turbo controller. Go to story mode and choose any level on easy. Playthrough the game till you get 8 bombs and the blue glove, once you get that, clear up the map and use this method I have in this video. You can get 6,000 bombs an hour. So only 166 hours using this method. Like I said before, if you have a second turbo controller, you could play 2 player on the story and then get 12,000 an hour which would only take 83 hours, which is pretty damn fast. The blocks take the most time up to get the platinum in this game, but least you can grind when your not there ay? xD

Here's my last set up for the bombs.

I hope this helps a few people out going for this, no matter what you do, this game is one hell of a grind and if anyone finds a quicker way out, please post!

Thanks all! :)

Edited by Kaa-Bling
  • Like 3

Thanks for the videos!

I actually already use your boosting method for when actually playing.

I, unfortunately, do not have a turbo controller so I have use remote play as my turbo controller with the script above. 

You could probably combine the turbo controller with my method to double your output. 

Also, in my method, I use one of the regular bombers because, as you said, you don't know if the Plasma Bomber counts towards to the totals.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On 4/24/2020 at 10:27 AM, SDB--1982 said:

Videos are not available

The videos are @Kaa-Bling’s so I can’t help you with that. 

But he has pretty exact descriptions of all of his setups that he used - you should be able to get the setup from those. 

Good luck if you actually attempt going for it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/08/2020 at 1:09 PM, TheVengeance1231 said:

@Kaa-Bling

I want to try your 3 turbo pad auto method.

But I have some question.

PS4 only has 2 USB port, do you means 1 of the 3 turbo pad has to be wireless?

Or go online so the 2nd PS4's USB port can be used to insert 3rd turbo pad?

But online will be use extra time, so I want to know how your boost it.

I only used one turbo controller, but stated you can use three. You can easily buy multi USB ports for the PS4 to fit 4 extra controllers plugged in at the same time. :)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kaa-Bling said:

I only used one turbo controller, but stated you can use three. You can easily buy multi USB ports for the PS4 to fit 4 extra controllers plugged in at the same time. :)

I discover that PS4 pro has an extra usb port at the back,  so I can use it.

Anyway,  thank you very much~

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 27/07/2021 at 04:47, MidnightDragon said:

Eu usei este método para obter o troféu do bloco. Ainda não tenho o troféu da bomba, mas espero que não demore muito mais.

Do you know if the blocks I destroy are saved in the ps4 "cloud" or do I need to finish a game before closing the app? I played many games of many hours and some of them, I finished and closed the app or turned off the ps4, without going to the score menu.

9 minutes ago, Lalmicci said:

Do you know if the blocks I destroy are saved in the ps4 "cloud" or do I need to finish a game before closing the app? I played many games of many hours and some of them, I finished and closed the app or turned off the ps4, without going to the score menu.

I'm not sure to be honest since I always made sure to quit to the menu when I wanted to quit out of the game.