Vita Problem - help

xJustKing

Yesterday i picked up my ps vita to play after 1 or 2 months of not touching it. I charged it , turned it on and everything was going well. 

Then i started a game,which is Rocketbird Evolution ( don't know if it matters). The main menu appeared , and the game was going to start but it got stuck on loading. Since it was taking so long , i closed the game and went to click the the "circle app" to restart. However the menu didn't even appear, the "circle" stayed as a "circle" and the menu where you click to start the game didn't appear. I tried to click something else , like the ps store and the trophies app but they also stayed as "circles" and i couldnt enter either. I clicked the notification menu and it was blank. Then i left for 5 mins to see if it was just slow today and the screen turned off. When i went to turn on the ps vita , nothing happened , you can see the green light blinking but nothing else. 

In order to be able to turn it back on again , i had to go to safe mode and restart it from there. But then the same i wrote above happens.

I also tried the restore system from safe mode to see if it fixed something. The game were looking better and i was able to play for around 10 mins but when i got to a loading zone, the same happened again.

Can any of you help me ? Do i try the other safe mode options like "rebuild database" and "format memory card" (i dont have one btw) or the problem is something else ?

Have you tried playing other games and seeing if the same issue persists? If it was digital I would just tell you to delete and redownload the game but for a physical copy no fixes that I know of. Rebuilding database will have no drawbacks apart from resetting the appearance of your home screen back to default so I can recommend you trying it to see if it helps, but you've either got a broken physical or Vita.

wow it was as easy as re installing the game. Pretty weird though that a problem in that game would fk up the vita like that. I hope it's not just a temporary fix, at least i was able to keep going after the part where the problem was happening.

And i said 1 or 2 months without touching, but not even 1 went by.... time is weird

Edited by xJustKing

17 minutes ago, xJustKing said:

wow it was as easy as re installing the game. Pretty weird though that a problem in that game would fk up the vita like that. I hope it's not just a temporary fix, at least i was able to keep going after the part where the problem was happening.

And i said 1 or 2 months without touching, but not even 1 went by.... time is weird

I've had an issue with games getting corrupt before. It happened to me with Rayman Origins several times. Every time, reinstalling would fix it.

Good luck, hopefully that's the end of it for you.

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

You don't have a memory card? Maybe that's why you can't do anything with Vita? Vita's internal storage is only 1GB and games take up quite a lot of space.

yeah.. i wrote that by mistake. When i bought the vita it came with it inside thats why it slipped my mind.