Comrades is no longer accessible

ShianKiri

For those of you who are still trying to get the remaining Trophies: If you have updated Final Fantasy XV to the latest version, Comrades is no longer accessible. 
When attempting to load the game, it will prompt you to download the Standalone version of the game. Saying "No" and attempting to get into the FFXV Version will start you over from the beginning. When selecting your character, it will take an eternity to load and when it finally does load, it returns you to the main screen of Comrades so you are now completely locked out. 

However, if you had Comrades up when the patch went out, you can still play the game in Offline Mode with AI without updating. 

When I attempted to load Comrades up before patching, I was able to get into Offline Mode, but I can't verify if that is still true at this point (I had patched it after seeing if I could).

I have no idea if you can still get Trophies or not or whether it is tied to anything online. But essentially, you can still play Offline Mode if you haven't patched from the looks of it.

TL;DR
Don't patch the game if you still got things to do. 

To play offline mode, do not go past 1.26

Refer to this thread: 

Edited by ShianKiri
  • Like 2

Don't update to 1.27!

They ridiculously took off an offline mode and made the game impossible to 100%!

I have five version of the game, but now they are all trashes.

I won't buy any FF game from now, until they fix it.

Stupid Square Enix. They ruined my trophy list.

• Like 1

I've been eyeing my download que most the day just so i could tell it no.

I didnt see anything atempt to auto update thru out the day well playing sao:fb

Hopefully. Ps4 didn't ninja update wilst i naped.  Been to bussy w work to fuss with load times... To get kenny x.x 

* with over 100 missions played. Still aint seen em *

7 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I've been eyeing my download que most the day just so i could tell it no.

I didnt see anything atempt to auto update thru out the day well playing sao:fb

Hopefully. Ps4 didn't ninja update wilst i naped.  Been to bussy w work to fuss with load times... To get kenny x.x 

* with over 100 missions played. Still aint seen em *

i have yet to see him, level 23 now, no lucky, al keeps picking up food

I'm sooooo pissed. I saw earlier today that as long as you downloaded this by the 13th of the December, you could avoid the changes and play in offline mode for the trophies. I JUST bought the Season Pass to download everything, popped in the game and it updated to version 1.27 and I wasn't thinking anything of it. After it downloaded, I came back to this site and saw this garbage.

12 minutes ago, UrbanaSupernovA said:

I'm sooooo pissed. I saw earlier today that as long as you downloaded this by the 13th of the December, you could avoid the changes and play in offline mode for the trophies. I JUST bought the Season Pass to download everything, popped in the game and it updated to version 1.27 and I wasn't thinking anything of it. After it downloaded, I came back to this site and saw this garbage.

Just wait for proxy method to downgrade.

I just saw it trying to ninja update on my end. I said no bad ninja *delete*

As for kenny.

Im almost lv 60 :/

Friend has encountered him w. A.i about 5 times now

If you don't pick up food.

And let a.i die

They'll use there food to respawn / be downed permanently.

If you do a mission your able to solo. And not assist the a.i

This is a possible trick to get kenny.

As game will read it as

"All human players. No food pickups"

Ive yet to atempt it. As only had 3 days off in the last 2 weeks

20 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Here's 1.26 update for USA region, try downgrading with this, possibly

Great find. Any sort of instructions for this? I'm not very much in the know for this kind of stuff. I don't personally need because I've got mine at 100%, but could be useful for anyone else who needs it.

3 minutes ago, ThaiChi said:

Great find. Any sort of instructions for this? I'm not very much in the know for this kind of stuff. I don't personally need because I've got mine at 100%, but could be useful for anyone else who needs it.

Would assume it'd be same process as https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/64971-fixed-in-v106-guide-getting-platinum-after-the-v105-fiasco/#comment-1665101 since this method worked out for Black Ops 3 concerning the Gorod Krovi trophy. https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67012-a-solution-for-gorod-krovi-easter-egg-crash-downgrading-to-v126-text-guide/#comment-1705065

is another guide. 

Edited by Armored Squirrel
  • Like 2

Does this method apply only to physical discs?

I mean, does digital versions download 1.27 directly, or download 1.00 and then upgrade it to 1.27?

EDIT: Just tried the Japanese version (original plus Season Pass). The digital version also downloads 1.00 and 1.27 separately, so the 1.27 could be replaced by 1.26. Will check version number after 80GB of download and see if it works...

EDIT 2: Just tried the Asian version (Digital Royal Edition) (original). The digital version also downloads 1.00 and 1.27 separately, so the 1.27 could be replaced by 1.26. Will check version number after 80GB of download and see if it works...

EDIT 3: Games are still being downloaded. The Japanese version has two separate download progress, one for the game 1.26 and one for Comrades. The Asian version (Digital Royal Edition) (original) has only one download progress. I wonder if I could enter Comrades in the Asian version after downloading...

EDIT 4: I finished downloading the Asian version and it says no DLC is available so I cannot enter Comrades. I guess I didn’t remember correctly. Maybe the Asian version I bought was not Royal Edition :( It seems to be impossible to buy Comrades at this time, since the content of Season Pass has changed to FFXV Multiplayer Comrades from FFXV Online Expansion Comrades.

EDIT 5: I finished downloading the Japan version and Comrades. It works well. I could play version 1.26 and Comrades right now.

Edited by ChenZheCHN

19 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

I mean, does digital versions download 1.27 directly, or download 1.00 and then upgrade it to 1.27?

If you didn't previously have it downloaded, it will automatically download to the latest version on the digital copy.

20 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

The method should work with digital, but has to be tested. Digital games download update with game at same time, but doesn't hurt to try. 

Thanks for posting. I managed to erase the already downloaded update file while I was playing the game. Thank god it downloaded while I was playing. Maybe I won't get 100% on FFXV (F those Prompto and Gladius trophies) but I won't miss out on Comrades.

Edited by Ian_Albarn

3 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

man, does anyone have tips on kenny spawning, my al died many times with no food and keep getting the women, just my luck

I saw him couple of time (2 or 3, I don't remmenber), the first time I played a daily mission with no IA characters and nobody got a meat, Kenny appear after finish the mission and it was my first try. I remmenber see he as well in a no online match while grind the WK trophy, so yeah it's RNG luck /:

This is a d*ck move honestly, even if i don't own the game. It's like when they shut down the online in Wipeout HD and 2048, making cross-play unplayable, because they didn't make it playable locally, but only through the PSN, even with the systems in the same room. They should've patched out the online requirements like they did with Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 when they released a post-shutdown patch that removed all online errors prompts (although the game is castrated without online but whatever)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SanhRim said:

THERE HAVE BEEN MORE THAN ENOUGH POSTS and people warning you about this, if you sir are too lazy to even bother then that's your own fault!

They made it a full stand alone game wich is well deserved due to how surprisingly fun it is.

Ahh well atleast i had some fun laughing about the generic 'omgxdtheytookthegamemodeoffxd'

We knew that the server will be shut down, but never expected even the offline mode is removed as well.

I think most people did not expect this, either, or there won’t be such a thread about it.

Glad to see that you now have a lot of people to laugh at. It must be an awesome feeling. Have a nice day!

• Like 4