Comrades is no longer accessible

ShianKiri

3 hours ago, SanhRim said:

THERE HAVE BEEN MORE THAN ENOUGH POSTS and people warning you about this, if you sir are too lazy to even bother then that's your own fault!

IT'S GETTING VERY STUFFY IN HERE AND I'M HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING, WHICH IS WHY I SOUND SO EXASPERATED. But seriously though sir, no u.

Thankfully I was able to complete that mess of a tacked on multiplayer, though unfortunately I don't have time more often than not with life and all. Thus, I can empathize with those who didn't quite make it. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised people is complaining about not being able to complete comrades, when they announced the shutdown they stated trophies for comrades won't be obtainable and that was discussed in this forum

It is a dick move what they did but at least they had the decency to warn us and give us around a month to get it done. 

Complaining should have been done as soon as this move was announced.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dragonzombie1 said:

I'm surprised people is complaining about not being able to complete comrades, when they announced the shutdown they stated trophies for comrades won't be obtainable and that was discussed in this forum

It is a dick move what they did but at least they had the decency to warn us and give us around a month to get it done. 

Complaining should have been done as soon as this move was announced.

Exactly, and how old is the DLC to begin with?  Its been at least since summer the last one was added.  Ample time to obtain the trophies.  Yes, its a dick move to remove the ability to get them, but everyone had the time.

15 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

WastefulPersonalCoyote-size_restricted.g

It was added 11/15/17 so no, people didn't have THAT much time when you factor in things such as living your life. I swear it's like an echo chamber in here with all the "no u" comments. Sometimes people just don't have as much available time as others to devote to games. Some even paid separately for Comrades only for this to happen.

That's a year and one month. That's more than enough time for a trophy list that only took 30-40 hours to complete. Stop trying to find excuses for procrastinating which it what it becomes at this point.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

How big is the 1.27 update? Do I need lightning fast reflexes to stop the download when my PS4 just decides to update, even though I turned that off?

If I can do stop/pause the update, can I still startup the game on 1.26 and play other games online?

Just go to the settings and turn off auto updates... easy. Also you should go to settings>network>uncheck "connect to network" ... it will DC you from the internet and it loads fine... I will also confirm trophies pop as per norm, because I popped the 99 lvl chocobo last night after everything shut down.

16 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Are you kidding? 

A 10 GB patch to REMOVE content? Seriously WTF.. 

What kind of stuff is in that patch? That's kind of absurd if it's just to remove Comrades.. 

I believe the Comrades standalone takes from the update of the regular game for some stupid reason, because they added in a bunch of stuff for comrades in that DLC... one reason which is an assumption, is because they rolled out the update across all platforms and FFXV Windows Edition will not have a standalone Comrades, so everything is updated in game. Again, why the fuck couldn't Square Enix, just done that?!? Or one better... just shut down the servers... it works fine offline... that way you can 100% it, but you won't have help. Ridiculous, they literally went out of their way to fuck people over.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_XV_patches

https://finalfantasyxv.square-enix-games.com/en/updates - this one gets cut off for me, but you can see the "introduction of secret missions and bonus quests"

Edited by Leigrez
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

man, does anyone have tips on kenny spawning, my al died many times with no food and keep getting the women, just my luck

Despite Kenny is RNG as you know, someone wrote a "tactic" to force his spawn. I tried and on my fifth try I got it.

Basically, load the Double Deadeye mission. Pick up the food at the camp. Kill the first 2 Behemoths and then go behind the house and pick up the food that is there (it's in a corner, near the hook where you can do rampage). Kill last Behemoth without consuming the food you previously picked up and see if it does work for you.

Edited by X_Wizi_X

32 minutes ago, Leigrez said:

Just go to the settings and turn off auto updates... easy. Also you should go to settings>network>uncheck "connect to network" ... it will DC you from the internet and it loads fine... I will also confirm trophies pop as per norm, because I popped the 99 lvl chocobo last night after everything shut down.

I believe the Comrades standalone takes from the update of the regular game for some stupid reason, because they added in a bunch of stuff for comrades in that DLC... one reason which is an assumption, is because they rolled out the update across all platforms and FFXV Windows Edition will not have a standalone Comrades, so everything is updated in game. Again, why the fuck couldn't Square Enix, just done that?!? Or one better... just shut down the servers... it works fine offline... that way you can 100% it, but you won't have help. Ridiculous, they literally went out of their way to fuck people over.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_XV_patches

https://finalfantasyxv.square-enix-games.com/en/updates - this one gets cut off for me, but you can see the "introduction of secret missions and bonus quests"

Ya, maybe they release the December update to the base game, while turning it off.. Still quite stupid. 

And ya, there's no point in taking it out, since they are giving the standalone for free to those who already own comrades, so no extra money from anywhere there, and likely if someone buys the Royal Edition and redeem the pass (or buys the season pass), they end up with the standalone Comrades for free too.. 

This whole thing makes absolutely no sense from any angle that you see it.. 

43 minutes ago, X_Wizi_X said:

Despite Kenny is RNG as you know, someone wrote a "tactic" to force his spawn. I tried and on my fifth try I got it.

Basically, load the Double Deadeye mission. Pick up the food at the camp. Kill the first 2 Behemoths and then go behind the house and pick up the food that is there (it's in a corner, near the hook where you can do rampage). Kill last Behemoth without consuming the food you previously picked up and see if it does work for you.

thanks i try that once i am high enough level to stand a chance against them, i am a level 28, trying to grind horns and laser things to build the dragon spear and get the bow from the woman that drops a good bow, have no idea what level to fght the final boss, the fire guy not the the first one

12 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

thanks i try that once i am high enough level to stand a chance against them, i am a level 28, trying to grind horns and laser things to build the dragon spear and get the bow from the woman that drops a good bow, have no idea what level to fght the final boss, the fire guy not the the first one

Don't know if you took a look at this topic

on last pages more than one guy wrote down some strategy and tactic to beat last boss even without the best gears and where to buy STR items instead of farming them.

I can't help you so much because I built my character as a mage, not a warrior, and farming was the only road I had to take.

However, there is a glitch to beat Ifrit with a crossbow. It will be a very long battle.

You need to kill Ifrit for the "Blessed by All" Achievement in the Comrades DLC for FFXV, problem is, I just couldn't, but searching the internet I found mention of this glitch and decided to make a video of it. Here's the guide: 1. Make sure you have decent enough weapons equipped, and most important a decent crossbow; 2. Go to insomnia and start the fight; 3. Make sure to beat Ifrit untill he enters his second fase (goes up in flames); 4. Die and retry; 5. Watch the video and place yourself in the same place, Ifrit will just stand there, it's possible he snaps out of it, but it's easy to get him back to being stuck; 6. I don't if it's a glitch, but when you retry Ifrit doesn't enter his third fase, at least not with me, and I've done this three times to make sure it works. Thats it, any suggestions I'm all ears.

Video

Edited by X_Wizi_X

39 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ya, maybe they release the December update to the base game, while turning it off.. Still quite stupid. 

And ya, there's no point in taking it out, since they are giving the standalone for free to those who already own comrades, so no extra money from anywhere there, and likely if someone buys the Royal Edition and redeem the pass (or buys the season pass), they end up with the standalone Comrades for free too.. 

This whole thing makes absolutely no sense from any angle that you see it.. 

100% agree, does not make sense whatsoever - One of the biggest fuck ups by Square Enix imo that's for sure!

11 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

I was thinking about getting this game but now I'm going to skip it altogether since I won't be able to get 100% completion. What's the point?

Well it's still a good game, so unless the reason you play video games is to maintain a high completion percentage I'd say you'd stand a pretty good chance of having fun.

1 hour ago, Norava said:

That's a year and one month. That's more than enough time for a trophy list that only took 30-40 hours to complete. Stop trying to find excuses for procrastinating which it what it becomes at this point.

neildegrasse.jpg

Whoa guy, sorry if I pushed any buttons there. 

I already completed Comrades as stated in an earlier post, so no real need for excuses on my end.

Consider reevaluating my post/s as a call for gamers such as yourself to reflect on how they speak to their peers. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dpazmino said:

Can some please confirm if the 100% is still obtainable with the retail disc Royal Edition?

If you have update 1.22 up to 1.26 installed already. Yes. If not, you could try and use the links in an earlier post on page 1, where somebody shows the old update location, but I heard it's a complicated ordeal ("that requires a PC or a proxy redirector on any type of device to do this"), but I personally don't know the exact protocol for it, that was second hand information from a friend. Otherwise, if you don't have it already installed. No. It's not possible to get 100% anymore.

Edited by Leigrez
Grammar/I'm an idiot

3 hours ago, TheLakota said:

WastefulPersonalCoyote-size_restricted.g

It was added 11/15/17 so no, people didn't have THAT much time when you factor in things such as living your life. I swear it's like an echo chamber in here with all the "no u" comments. Sometimes people just don't have as much available time as others to devote to games. Some even paid separately for Comrades only for this to happen.

A year is more than enough time.

• Like 1