NekoRave

I own all the dlc, does it make the game easier?

22 posts in this topic

Any best deck methods with the dlc cards?

I haven't played the game since the 90s so all the OP or good decks are moot and pointless by now.

Mainly got the dlc for more duel content since it was $2.

But yeah any card decks would be appreciated that could reduce the grind of the game or make it easier to obtain better cards etc.

Edited by NekoRave

Well from what I remember from the show as long as you have Blue Eyes White Dragon...you win every battle :)

Don't know if that is helpful or not :hmm:

8 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well from what I remember from the show as long as you have Blue Eyes White Dragon...you win every battle :)

Don't know if that is helpful or not :hmm:

If that's still the meta from like 20+ years ago I'd laugh my ass off.

But sadly new rules and cards and whatnot so I highly doubtful that's the go to card these days.

10 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

But sadly new rules and cards and whatnot so I highly doubtful that's the go to card these days.

Oh that's too bad :( I didn't watch a lot of YuGiOh but I still remember the Dragon as the "pikachu" of the show. Speaking of Pikachu I think every kid got excited when they first caught one...then you realize it is completely worthless and never use it again :P

7 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh that's too bad :( I didn't watch a lot of YuGiOh but I still remember the Dragon as the "pikachu" of the show. Speaking of Pikachu I think every kid got excited when they first caught one...then you realize it is completely worthless and never use it again :P

Yeah they have red eyes black dragon and even that's old as fuck LMAO

Bug eater 

Jar of greed

All the cards that were OP back in the day are moot by new cards and new specials.

There's what 7,000 cards now on the game and maybe that number is outdated.

Everything about my knowledge of Yu-Gi-Oh is ancient history.

There's tons of banned cards and new support and tons and tons of traps that can negate almost everything these days and spells etc.

I'd have to take a class of Yu-Gi-Oh to learn it all, unlike Pokemon where each generation adds to the next, this franchise is just like, here thousands of cards, pick a deck that is custom built that can win.

And playing against AI which knows and has learned the new Yu-Gi-Oh, my fear I putting down a card thinking hehehe I sure got him and it being in favor to his deck and I'm just insta raped because I used old deck methods.

I wish I was the main character who just just lucky draw and win every game.

Damn him hahaha

Edited by NekoRave

5 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Yeah they have red eyes black dragon and even that's old as fuck LMAO

Bug eater 

Jar of greed

All the cards that were OP back in the day are moot by new cards and new specials.

There's what 7,000 cards now on the game and maybe that number is outdated.

Everything about my knowledge of Yu-Gi-Oh is ancient history.

There's tons of banned cards and new support and tons and tons of traps that can negate almost everything these days and spells etc.

I'd have to take a class of Yu-Gi-Oh to learn it all, unlike Pokemon where each generation adds to the next, this franchise is just like, here thousands of cards, pick a deck that is custom built that can win.

And playing against AI which knows and has learned the new Yu-Gi-Oh, my fear I putting down a card thinking hehehe I sure got him and it being in favor to his deck and I'm just insta raped because I used old deck methods.

I wish I was the main character who just just lucky draw and win every game.

Damn him hahaha

oh that sounds rough. That was like when I got Magic Plainswalker free from PLUS and i was like "I used to love Magic back in elementary" and then I started playing and had to take a crash course on what the fuck all the new rules are. 

Well good luck with it :) Hopefully someone can give you some real advice :P

42 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Any best deck methods with the dlc cards?

I haven't played the game since the 90s so all the OP or good decks are moot and pointless by now.

Mainly got the dlc for more duel content since it was $2.

But yeah any card decks would be appreciated that could reduce the grind of the game or make it easier to obtain better cards etc.

Here's a secret: Use Pendulum deck. It can wipe out nearly any of the other duelists easily, especially original series! Why? Because you can summon multiple HIGH level monsters at once!! Instead of waiting three turns to pull your your dark magicians or whatever, you can flaunt them out in one move. Pendulum is seriously OP, whereas XYZ/Synchros are a bitch to use (for me). Fusions were always my fave anyhow. There's no Link monsters in this format either. One note is that game is REALLY buggy. I can't pop the tribute summon trophy. 

1 minute ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Here's a secret: Use Pendulum deck. It can wipe out nearly any of the other duelists easily, especially original series! Why? Because you can summon multiple HIGH level monsters at once!! Instead of waiting three turns to pull your your dark magicians or whatever, you can flaunt them out in one move. Pendulum is seriously OP, whereas XYZ/Synchros are a bitch to use (for me). Fusions were always my fave anyhow. There's no Link monsters in this format either. One note is that game is REALLY buggy. I can't pop the tribute summon trophy. 

I was thinking pendulum, but didn't want to bank on it, also love fusion tbh.

Any specific cards to look for considering I got all the dlc? 

If there's really good locked cards I'd love to utilize them.

Also yeah it's Konami go figure for bugged crap, annoying how bad bugged and glitched games are becoming so common, but I'll try to push on through.

Might even bite at the older games so they don't get delisted.

Hoping the dlc adds some solid good duels

Just now, NekoRave said:

I was thinking pendulum, but didn't want to bank on it, also love fusion tbh.

Any specific cards to look for considering I got all the dlc? 

If there's really good locked cards I'd love to utilize them.

Also yeah it's Konami go figure for bugged crap, annoying how bad bugged and glitched games are becoming so common, but I'll try to push on through.

Might even bite at the older games so they don't get delisted.

Hoping the dlc adds some solid good duels

Eh, I never bothered with the DLCs since they aren't needed for trophies, but you could always try out the Waking the Dragons decks for nostalgia. I can't really comment on meta since it's been over a decade since I've been in a real duel. 

Just now, Armored Squirrel said:

Eh, I never bothered with the DLCs since they aren't needed for trophies, but you could always try out the Waking the Dragons decks for nostalgia. I can't really comment on meta since it's been over a decade since I've been in a real duel. 

I wish they had a trophy beating the game with old cards only for us geezers.

God I can't believe this game is that old that I'm clueless how to build a new deck these days.

So many freaking cards it went from easily understandable as an elementary kid to holy fuck as an adult.

52 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Blue eyes actually has got a lot of new support that has kept it meta but I'm pretty sure it was all after the dlc came out so they are not in this game 

2 minutes ago, blitz1423 said:

Blue eyes actually has got a lot of new support that has kept it meta but I'm pretty sure it was all after the dlc came out so they are not in this game 

Yeah I heard the alternative blue eyes, figured it wasn't in this game tho.

Was there a go to meta to make a decent pendulum deck or fusion?

Not sure exactly how the dlc really adds anything for being $5 tbh.

I got them mostly for duels.

3 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Yeah I heard the alternative blue eyes, figured it wasn't in this game tho.

Was there a go to meta to make a decent pendulum deck or fusion?

Not sure exactly how the dlc really adds anything for being $5 tbh.

I got them mostly for duels.

Odd eyes magicians is a really good pendulum deck. I used Metalfoes IRL and that was a pretty good fusion/pendulum deck but it never made it as dlc 

2 minutes ago, blitz1423 said:

Odd eyes magicians is a really good pendulum deck. I used Metalfoes IRL and that was a pretty good fusion/pendulum deck but it never made it as dlc 

Sorry for being ignorant but I haven't played since the classic and love some of the fusion but never got knee deep into relearning.

Any other based magic, trap, buffs, summons?

Any and all cards to "build" me a decent deck to play around with would be cool.

I use to have a great man eater bug deck but... Those days are gone lol. 

15 minutes ago, blitz1423 said:

Yeah the Chaos MAX Dragon, Twin Burst, and such aren't in there

34 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

So many freaking cards it went from easily understandable as an elementary kid to holy fuck as an adult.

Ha, you're telling me. I don't know how kids could possibly understand the rules these days. Pendulum, I can deal with, but Synchro/XYZ/Link? No thanks. Doesn't stop me from collecting the cards though :P 

1 minute ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Yeah the Chaos MAX Dragon, Twin Burst, and such aren't in there

Ha, you're telling me. I don't know how kids could possibly understand the rules these days. Pendulum, I can deal with, but Synchro/XYZ/Link? No thanks. Doesn't stop me from collecting the cards though :P 

Man after I gave up my cards for nothing back in the day as a idiotic child it wasn't for me.

I remember even giving away Pokemon cards for Bellsprout and energy cards....

Yep even Charizard.

I thought he was a dumb fire dragon and liked Bellsprout.

Still do.

Me and card games have a bad history lmfao

14 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Sorry for being ignorant but I haven't played since the classic and love some of the fusion but never got knee deep into relearning.

Any other based magic, trap, buffs, summons?

Any and all cards to "build" me a decent deck to play around with would be cool.

I use to have a great man eater bug deck but... Those days are gone lol. 

I will try find some decent deck lists for you probably have some saved on my game 

1 minute ago, blitz1423 said:

I will try find some decent deck lists for you probably have some saved on my game 

That would be amazing!

I'd really appreciate it

I just made a simple Exodia deck & I'm going through the game no problem. That's as OG as it gets. 

8 minutes ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

I just made a simple Exodia deck & I'm going through the game no problem. That's as OG as it gets. 

Just keep using pot of greed then, though I don't know what it does ;) 

I just noticed the older games have like 37 dlc packs for cards lmao big yikes.

I might get those games before its delisted, I have a feeling it might be gone due to licensing at some point.

Its crazy how none of the cards from older games are transferable, I miss when you could just use a code on the back of the card like the ps1 days.

On 12/13/2018 at 2:15 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

Yu-Gi-Oh GX was one of my favorite series, then 5Ds came along and wrecked it. I don't really like anything past that(ZeXal, ARC-V, etc) though I did watch the episode of ARC-V, and it looks pretty cool. ^_^

But yeah, Blue Eyes White Dragon by itself isn't good anymore with Synchros, XYZs, Pendulum summons and Link monsters, but it got a lot of support with new versions of Blue-Eyes Dragons. ;)