KenpachiDaniel

Is the platinum still achievable?

23 posts in this topic

I could swear I have seen, about 1 year or so, the playstationtrophies guide warning that the servers of this game were shut down and the platinum wasn't achievable anymore. But now I'm searching about some PS3 games I want to finish and for my surprise, it looks like people are capable of obtain this platinum again, and the guide don't have the warning and don't even mention about it. So, the servers were down and now they are available again or they were always working and I'm finally going crazy?

I don't ever recall a server closure announcement or any shutdown for this game. As far as I'm aware it is still up and running and has always been. I have this in my backlog so anything hinting at servers shutting is on my radar

1 minute ago, soniq said:

If you look at the trophies, people have been earning online trophies in December.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1024-driver-san-francisco

Yeah, but we can't trust in that. If you look on Midnight Club: LA or Portal 2, for example, there's a lot of people who got the platinum this year, using hacks. Midnight Club: LA is closed since 2014, Portal 2 since 2016.

12 minutes ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

Yeah, but we can't trust in that. If you look on Midnight Club: LA or Portal 2, for example, there's a lot of people who got the platinum this year, using hacks. Midnight Club: LA is closed since 2014, Portal 2 since 2016.

A bit of advice  for the future: don't look solely to the latest plat achievers. Some players could got the plat after the servers shutdown but could have won every online trophy in the game before the shutdown. And btw portal was still on in most of the first half of this year.

Did most of the online trophies during the second half of November and had no problems getting the trophies. But you need a boosting partner (or enough PS3 to self-boost either a part or all of it) as it's quite unlikekly that you will find enough randoms to play most of the game modes. And AFAIK the servers were never done. Maybe the shutdown notification was related to the UPlay-rewards? As there was also a shutdown notice for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands a few years ago but that's a singleplayer-game and the only online portion are the UPlay-rewards. :dunno: 

35 minutes ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

This statement is a bit "incomplete": getting platinum after servers closure getting online trophies after servers closure.

You can (of course) still get the platinum if you have the online trophies/MP part done before the shutdown.

Edit: Ninja'd by @Max_Playne ;).

Edit 2: Portal 2 was down on 22/05/2018, not in 2016.

Edited by Smashero

10 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Did most of the online trophies during the second half of November and had no problems getting the trophies. But you need a boosting partner (or enough PS3 to self-boost either a part or all of it) as it's quite unlikekly that you will find enough randoms to play most of the game modes. And AFAIK the servers were never done. Maybe the shutdown notification was related to the UPlay-rewards? As there was also a shutdown notice for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands a few years ago but that's a singleplayer-game and the only online portion are the UPlay-rewards. :dunno: 

Forgotten Sands was shut down last year. And no, they didn't announce a Uplay shutdown for this game.

Ok, thanks for answering my question. And I know there are some people who already did the online portion of the games before the closure of the servers, but there are people who used hacks too. And I though Portal 2 was gone in 2016, now I'm a bit more sad to know I could have done it when I got my PS3 in january.

Go for it. There is an active session that needs a 4th player at the moment. So you might want to join that to speed things up.

6 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Go for it. There is an active session that needs a 4th player at the moment. So you might want to join that to speed things up.

I need to buy the game first. And my PS3 is broken, I'll buy another one this month.

50 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

How many people/systems do you need to boost this effectively?

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

How many people/systems do you need to boost this effectively?

With the exception of three trophies everything can be done with two systems/people.

The following three trophies require a minimum of 4 people/systems as are only available in playlists which require that amount of players:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1024-driver-san-francisco/21-pass-the-torch

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1024-driver-san-francisco/22-relentless-assault

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1024-driver-san-francisco/20-carry-the-team

Pass the Torch has a glitch that makes it possible to get it done in 5 to 10 minutes:

Relentless assault takes another 5 to 10 minutes per person.

Carry the Team takes the longest as one player can earn a maximum of 2 points per CTF-match and one match takes about 5 minutes if everything goes fine (and there's no random you have to keep away from the flag <_< ).

Like I said: The rest can be done with a second system and is quite easy when following the guide from TA:
https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Driver-San-Francisco/walkthrough/6

Overall it took me ~15 hours getting all trophies I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

With the exception of three trophies everything can be done with two systems/people.

The following three trophies require a minimum of 4 people/systems as are only available in playlists which require that amount of players:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1024-driver-san-francisco/21-pass-the-torch

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1024-driver-san-francisco/22-relentless-assault

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1024-driver-san-francisco/20-carry-the-team

Pass the Torch has a glitch that makes it possible to get it done in 5 to 10 minutes:

Relentless assault takes another 5 to 10 minutes per person.

Carry the Team takes the longest as one player can earn a maximum of 2 points per CTF-match and one match takes about 5 minutes if everything goes fine (and there's no random you have to keep away from the flag <_< ).

Like I said: The rest can be done with a second system and is quite easy when following the guide from TA:
https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Driver-San-Francisco/walkthrough/6

Overall it took me ~15 hours getting all trophies I guess. 

Thank you for the info. Will have to see if my boost buddy will get 2 copies of the game as well 😜

Dude I thought I heard the online was down as well hahahaha. How weird, good news for me though as I'll jump back into the game now & try to get it done. Can't say I was overly enjoying it when I did play it but I'd rather just do it while I still can. 

does it need some sort of online pass or something? Or do I pop in the disc and play online right away?

13 minutes ago, Kaldunaa said:

does it need some sort of online pass or something? Or do I pop in the disc and play online right away?

It will always ask you for the online pass, but you can start the trial and play with it, since the trial period is endless (it's because there were some issues with the online pass code, and they decided to just make the trial period endless instead of fixing whatever problem with the online pass code). 

4 hours ago, Kaldunaa said:

I can attest that you can still get online (I just did it). however, there is nobody online so if you want the online trophies, you'll need to boost and you need at least 2 people to open a lobby.

12 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I can attest that you can still get online (I just did it). however, there is nobody online so if you want the online trophies, you'll need to boost and you need at least 2 people to open a lobby.

Yup. And 4 people in total for the team based stuff.

should be. i need to do this MP so let me know if anyone gets a group going

Anyone still looking to achieve those multiplayer trophies? 

Add me and lets do it igor_meloil