New Year's Contest 2019 - Winners Announced!

Dragon-Archon

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Since this formula can be difficult for some people to calculate, a screenshot of a spreadsheet setup will be posted before the start of the contest. That way, you can copy the formulas of the screenshot and add some information and the formulas will calculate everything for you. To make my job easier, it's required that participants keep track of their scores and post a link to the spreadsheet. That would help tremendously and will also speed up the results. This will require a gmail account, which is very easy to create.

Wouldn't it be more useful to provide users a link to the already prepared document and just tell them to use the option to create a copy of the spreadsheet? IIRC it's somewhere in the File-menu. Requiring users to enter the formulars on their own is error-prone and IIRC the formulas in a Google Spreadsheet are localized depending on the user's language settings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Wouldn't it be more useful to provide users a link to the already prepared document and just tell them to use the option to create a copy of the spreadsheet? IIRC it's somewhere in the File-menu. Requiring users to enter the formulars on their own is error-prone and IIRC the formulas in a Google Spreadsheet are localized depending on the user's language settings.

You're absolutely right. I don't know why I didn't think of that :facepalm: .

I know I won't make it to the top, but I guess I will challenge myself during the month of January, then!

First of all, just a question/suggestion:

Have you considered extending the end date to February. I know it is a New Year's Contest and it makes more sense to make it during January only. Still, I guess that maybe some players (including me) have some difficulties in getting many platinums from 0% completed games during a sole month, mainly with bigger games. Sometimes I can only play 1 hour per day and sometimes during the weekend I really can't. (Even though I've been able to play more lately)

Meaning if I participate, I will probably have some points penalty because I will probably platinum games I already started. If I start a game, they will probably be short.

Anyhow, BRING IT!

9 hours ago, Spider5786 said:

I'm certainly up for this again. I doubt I'll make much of a dent on my backlog, but at least this provides some motivation.

Awesome, welcome to the contest.

9 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

I know I won't make it to the top, but I guess I will challenge myself during the month of January, then!

First of all, just a question/suggestion:

Have you considered extending the end date to February. I know it is a New Year's Contest and it makes more sense to make it during January only. Still, I guess that maybe some players (including me) have some difficulties in getting many platinums from 0% completed games during a sole month, mainly with bigger games. Sometimes I can only play 1 hour per day and sometimes during the weekend I really can't. (Even though I've been able to play more lately)

Meaning if I participate, I will probably have some points penalty because I will probably platinum games I already started. If I start a game, they will probably be short.

Anyhow, BRING IT!

It depends on the amount of participants. If there's only a handful, I can extend the duration to keep things interesting. Also, welcome to the contest.

Btw @BlindMango I was unsure if this thread should be in the giveaway section :dunno: as not all the previous NYC threads are here. Some are in the event section.  

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

I won't be participating this year, mainly because I need to save my Vita plats for the Vita's 7th anniversary event and January will be solely devoted to tackle as many Vita games from my backlog as possible. But I wish every participant good luck and I hope you'll enjoy this event to the fullest :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

Count me in. I have a few games I'm planing to play and a few that I just didn't bring myself to platinum. Some of them have 20 trophies left, some  3 - 8 and some just 1 left. But I guess these unfinished games will have the penalty applied to them.  

Added, welcome to the contest.

8 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

You can add me to the list. After all, someone's gotta take last place to make everyone else feel better.

Lol I like the way you think :lol: .

On 14-12-2018 at 11:40 AM, Myu said:

I won't be participating this year, mainly because I need to save my Vita plats for the Vita's 7th anniversary event and January will be solely devoted to tackle as many Vita games from my backlog as possible. But I wish every participant good luck and I hope you'll enjoy this event to the fullest :D

That's a shame, but have fun with the Vita anniversary event. If there aren't a lot of participants, I might extend the contest duration to the end of February.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

On 13/12/2018 at 7:47 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

E44Y7l6.gif

Credit to @Shana Alter for turning the banner into a gif.

What's up PSNP community! Welcome to the fourth annual New Year's Contest. The new year is approaching and so are a lot of new releases. With many of us having a (huge) backlog that weighs on the conscience, why not pretend to do something about that :awesome: . What better way to do exactly that than to hold a contest. Even if you don't have a backlog, feel free to join.

The contest will start on January 1 2019 at 12 AM (00.00) and end on January 31 2018 at 11.59 PM (23.59).

End in January 2018 :) 

• Like 1

A new prize approaches!! 

In order to fully deliver with 2019 and by joining forces once again with @Dragon-Archon, I decided to also sponsor a new prize for our community. Alongside another partner in crime @Kent10201 I humbly accept the honor to provide a new gift, let's make this one the best yet and honor January 2019 with full forces. 

Happiness brought you by Kingdom Hearts 3 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 2

Help me understand this formula "Total score = (100-plat rarity) x playtime multiplier x (1 - [points unlocked / total trophy list points for the main game])". Using Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as an example. If I unlock all the trophy, I will get 1-(1230/1230)=0. That means my total score will be 0.

Just now, GTA_Darren said:

Help me understand this formula "Total score = (100-plat rarity) x playtime multiplier x (1 - [points unlocked / total trophy list points for the main game])". Using Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as an example. If I unlock all the trophy, I will get 1-(1230/1230)=0. That means my total score will be 0.

That last part (the point penalty) is only if you've started the game prior to the start of the contest. Games that are started afterwards don't have that. In the spreadsheet there will be an IF formula that will determine that.