New Year's Contest 2019 - Winners Announced!

Dragon-Archon

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That last part (the point penalty) is only if you've started the game prior to the start of the contest. Games that are started afterwards don't have that. In the spreadsheet there will be an IF formula that will determine that.

Got you, I would like to signup.

There are now 5 prizes to be won. Seeing how 11 members signed up, almost half of you will walk away with a prize. 

22 minutes ago, Lojtana said:

I'm not expecting to score much, but I do enjoy these contests and they help me cleaning up my backlog, so I'd like to sign up. (:

Awesome, welcome to the contest. Who knows, you may be lucky and win something. I hope you have fun and also make a dent in the backlog :D .

On 2018-12-17 at 10:55 AM, GTA_Darren said:

Help me understand this formula "Total score = (100-plat rarity) x playtime multiplier x (1 - [points unlocked / total trophy list points for the main game])". Using Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as an example. If I unlock all the trophy, I will get 1-(1230/1230)=0. That means my total score will be 0.

On 2018-12-17 at 10:57 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

That last part (the point penalty) is only if you've started the game prior to the start of the contest. Games that are started afterwards don't have that. In the spreadsheet there will be an IF formula that will determine that.

I understand where GTA_Darren is coming from. It’s the “trophies unlocked” which is confusing. 

The trophies that are deducted are the trophies from before the event, not the ones unlocked during the event if I am reading this correctly?

On December 14, 2018 at 10:10 PM, Milktastrophe said:

You can add me to the list. After all, someone's gotta take last place to make everyone else feel better.

I didn't note it previously but sign me up.  Someone has to challenge Milktastrophe for the bottom, can't give up titles like that without a fight.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

Heya @Dragon-Archon -- i would love to participate. Please sign me up! Thank you & Merry Christmas/Happy New Year.

12 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I didn't note it previously but sign me up.  Someone has to challenge Milktastrophe for the bottom, can't give up titles like that without a fight.

Awesome, welcome to the contest.

@Kevvik I guess you and @Milktastrophe are lucky I'm not competing, because I could easily get the last place :giggle: .

14 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I understand where GTA_Darren is coming from. It’s the “trophies unlocked” which is confusing. 

The trophies that are deducted are the trophies from before the event, not the ones unlocked during the event if I am reading this correctly?

Yeah, it's the amount of trophies that are unlocked prior to the start. I'll clarify this in the thread.

The spreadsheet is almost finished. Just need to do some finishing touches. I'm expecting it to be up later today or somewhere tomorrow. For those of you who celebrate Christmas today: Merry Christmas :D (in Netherlands we celebrate it on the 25th and 26th).

19 minutes ago, MuzzleTea said:

Hey, I would also like to participate^^ The contest from last year was pretty fun :D

Also Merry Christmas to everyone ;)

6 minutes ago, ElrayMickaelius said:

Count me in bro! Guess this is a great way to start gaming again.

Didnt played since the last contest from Paleblood :^) 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Awesome, welcome to the contest :D . I hope you have fun and good luck.

@Spider5786 @Caju_94 @Mori @Xx-KingOFDark-xX @Milktastrophe @Willreaper41 @Warpedsavior @Kittet3 @Mesopithecus @GTA_Darren @Lojtana @ArtikSkarab @dokkanexpert @Kevvik @monkeydluffy512 @MuzzleTea @ElrayMickaelius

The spreadsheet is finished. Feel free to copy or download it. There are also some notes at the end. In case you still have questions or spot an error, feel free to ask/notify me in this thread.

19 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

I want to do this but this scoring thing makes no sense to me

Which part doesn't make sense?

• Like 2

Can I please ask for an edit in the point system before this officially starts?

Why do Kingdom Hearts players get double points? Just because a new game is coming that month I dont see why other previous games are double points -- i understand KH3 being double points cus it's release date is during the contest but the older games i dont think should be double points.

Just my 2 cents.

4 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

Can I please ask for an edit in the point system before this officially starts?

Why do Kingdom Hearts players get double points? Just because a new game is coming that month I dont see why other previous games are double points -- i understand KH3 being double points cus it's release date is during the contest but the older games i dont think should be double points.

Just my 2 cents.

Because I like the KH series, that's why :awesome: . Last year's contest it was Persona 5 that was worth double points, this year it's KH.

• Like 2

I am really trying as hard as I can to understand the point system cus i am horrible in math.

I thought i'd ask for a little help from someone understanding this point system.

As an example, let's use this game: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1437-the-walking-dead/dokkanexpert

The guide here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/the-walking-dead-ps4/guide/ says 8-10 hours to complete. 

So with these as an example, what would be an example of how the points would be calculated?

I am more of a visual learner. But I really wanna try my best in this & i cant do that if i dont even know how to use the point system.

I'm also asking cus others are asking too. So maybe this example will help?

1 minute ago, dokkanexpert said:

I am really trying as hard as I can to understand the point system cus i am horrible in math.

I thought i'd ask for a little help from someone understanding this point system.

As an example, let's use this game: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1437-the-walking-dead/dokkanexpert

The guide here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/the-walking-dead-ps4/guide/ says 8-10 hours to complete. 

So with these as an example, what would be an example of how the points would be calculated?

I am more of a visual learner. But I really wanna try my best in this & i cant do that if i dont even know how to use the point system.

I'm also asking cus others are asking too. So maybe this example will help?

For that game you use the average of the playtime. This would be (8+10)/2=9 hours. However, since you've also completed the DLC, that playtime is added too. The DLC's estimated completion time is 1-2 hours. Therefore, the new playtime becomes (9+12)/2=10.5 hours. Since you completed the DLC, you can use the 100% completion percentage instead of the plat rarity, which is 16.63% (it's the green number below the plat rarity on your profile page).

I hope this clears things up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

For that game you use the average of the playtime. This would be (8+10)/2=9 hours. However, since you've also completed the DLC, that playtime is added too. The DLC's estimated completion time is 1-2 hours. Therefore, the new playtime becomes (9+12)/2=10.5 hours. Since you completed the DLC, you can use the 100% completion percentage instead of the plat rarity, which is 16.63% (it's the green number below the plat rarity on your profile page).

I hope this clears things up.

It clears a little up, mostly the times & percentages but i'm still confused on point system. I have competed the PS3 version & was gonna do this for PS4. 

I think i'll just use the spreadsheet, plug-in the numbers as I complete the games & see what happens.

Thanks for the reply friend.

10 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

It clears a little up, mostly the times & percentages but i'm still confused on point system. I have competed the PS3 version & was gonna do this for PS4. 

I think i'll just use the spreadsheet, plug-in the numbers as I complete the games & see what happens.

Thanks for the reply friend.

You mean the columns H-M? If so, those only need to be filled in when you unlocked trophies in a game before the contest starts, then plat that same game during the contest. Using the The Walking Dead example: suppose you already completed 1 episode before the contest (which equals 1 gold, 1 silver, and 6 bronze). In column H you add 1, column I also 1, and column J you add 6, because those are the trophies unlocked before the start of the contest. Now you need to add the total trophies of the base game (which means excluding DLC trophies). Those are 5 gold (column K), 5 silver (column L), and 30 bronze (column M). Even if you've completed the DLC, you only add the trophies for the base game.