New Year's Contest 2019 - Winners Announced!

Dragon-Archon

2019 goals - have fewer unearned trophies at the end of the year than at the start (lost ground by 57 trophies last year) 

- finish more games than I start this year (lost ground by 2 games last year)

Happy New Year to everyone!  

• Like 1

Goals for 2019? To continue having fun with gaming, finish my older games on my backlog and KH3!!!

Event-wise, I started with Rime and planning on getting its platinum for the contest. Already halfway the second level (the game has a total of five, it seems). Quite charming, this game.

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 1

Forgot to post my gaming goals for 2019, so here they are:

• Play Kingdom Hearts 3 and God Eater 3
  • Reduce the backlog to 25 games (currently 38)
  • Reach 200 plats (currently 196, so this should be very doable)
  • Hopefully reach 10,000 trophies (currently 9,130)
  • Would be nice to reach 96% completion too
  • Like 1

Ok, so I've just platted Class Of Heroes 2G (woo! fastest achiever!), but I'm not sure what to use for the playtime multiplier. There is no guide anywhere and is not listed on how long to beat (the PSP version is listed with 65 hours, but that version does not include the final dungeon, some extra bosses, or getting 50k kills for the Meat Grinder trophy). A few people on the org site say the consensus from the Japanese version is around 100 - 250 hours (the poll has 2 votes for 100+). There's a post on PSNP, saying their final time was 97 hours (so matching the 100 hour estimate).

Regarding the 250 hour estimate, I expect that to be either a naive estimate for the Meat Grinder trophy, or it's an estimate how long to get 100% of the game's in-game achievement percentage (I was at only about 20% on that list when I platted).

Further, I've found what might be the optimal method for grinding kills for Meat Grinder, so I was able to plat in 80 hours. I took several notes while playing and was considering writing a guide for this game, and I would put 80 hours as the playtime.

On 1/6/2019 at 2:29 AM, Milktastrophe said:

Ok, so I've just platted Class Of Heroes 2G (woo! fastest achiever!), but I'm not sure what to use for the playtime multiplier. There is no guide anywhere and is not listed on how long to beat (the PSP version is listed with 65 hours, but that version does not include the final dungeon, some extra bosses, or getting 50k kills for the Meat Grinder trophy). A few people on the org site say the consensus from the Japanese version is around 100 - 250 hours (the poll has 2 votes for 100+). There's a post on PSNP, saying their final time was 97 hours (so matching the 100 hour estimate).

Regarding the 250 hour estimate, I expect that to be either a naive estimate for the Meat Grinder trophy, or it's an estimate how long to get 100% of the game's in-game achievement percentage (I was at only about 20% on that list when I platted).

Further, I've found what might be the optimal method for grinding kills for Meat Grinder, so I was able to plat in 80 hours. I took several notes while playing and was considering writing a guide for this game, and I would put 80 hours as the playtime.

I couldn't find anything either, so I'll allow the 80 hours if you share the method for grinding kills in the Meat Grinder thread. It would be great if you'd write a guide about it.

I have a question regarding Spider-Man and its DLCs. Adding up the estimated times for the main game and the three DLCs leaves me at 38,5 hours, without the additional NG+ playthrough. Since How Long To Beat lists 16 hours for the main story, but speedruns of the game are at around 4-5 hours, I timed myself. In the end it took me 6,5 hours to go through the NG+ on the highest difficulty. My question is now, can I add at least 1,5 hours to the total playtime, so that I end up at 40 hours to get the next multiplier?

On 11-1-2019 at 1:48 AM, Lojtana said:

I have a question regarding Spider-Man and its DLCs. Adding up the estimated times for the main game and the three DLCs leaves me at 38,5 hours, without the additional NG+ playthrough. Since How Long To Beat lists 16 hours for the main story, but speedruns of the game are at around 4-5 hours, I timed myself. In the end it took me 6,5 hours to go through the NG+ on the highest difficulty. My question is now, can I add at least 1,5 hours to the total playtime, so that I end up at 40 hours to get the next multiplier?

Since there's no guide, the time for How Long To Beat will be used. I see that site mentions 5 hours and 45 minutes. You could always write a guide for the DLC yourself and add tips for tricky sections or setups. Things like that.

1 hour ago, Squarevii87 said:

Who is in the top 5 list until now?

No idea, you all keep track of your own scores and those will be checked once the contest has ended. 

Well, it seems I won't probably get a platinum this year :(

I've been having little time to play games during this month, since I got lot of things to do outside work, plus it was my birthday last week, so I also dedicated my weekend to my family and friends. I will quite busy these next weeks, which means I've been playing mostly Vita, but Virtue's Last Reward is not as short as 999, so I won't probably get the platinum this month. So with the little time I have, I prefer playing campaigns rather than grinding or collect for a platinum. Which means I will forfeit the contest.

Yet, good luck for the other participants. :P