Minion not unlocked

APCGrayLocked

Hi guys. I've beated the game with every character, saving every run in a different slot (so 10 saves on the first memory card and 4 in the second one), but... Minion has not unlocked. Why? I have to beat the game again with EVERYONE and save in the SAME slot, in order to unlock him or it doesn't matter and it's just bugged and so, i must delete the save and start all over again?

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Is it random? If you save in the same slot and don’t die will the glitch not occur?

I don't know its been almost three years since I did the trophy, but I remember that the trophy didn't pop for me after completing the requirements and I had to complete everything twice.  (I'm 100% sure I did not miss any character or anything else). 

yes this is a 100% fix, Void. I've even tried to re-do the last battle only with everyone, but Minion was still locked. Only when i deleted everything and re-do every run again, i finally unlocked Minion. For the other trophies, no problem (actually, the yellowjacket trophy is much more easier in the EU version, because our version is still the censored one [without the story] so, the airplane is already crashed in the first level).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

yes this is a 100% fix, Void. I've even tried to re-do the last battle only with everyone, but Minion was still locked. Only when i deleted everything and re-do every run again, i finally unlocked Minion. For the other trophies, no problem (actually, the yellowjacket trophy is much more easier in the EU version, because our version is still the censored one [without the story] so, the airplane is already crashed in the first level).

Thanks for the quick response. I didn’t run into any problem actually so I am glad there is a fix, but thankfully I didn’t need to redo it. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

That post is almost 2 years old. I have absolutely no idea what I did except that I hated the last level, the online grind, and the lifers that tried to ruin boosting sessions.

This is a PS2 remake. You're mentioning online grind so you probably confused it with the Twisted Metal from PS3/PS4. I used to complete TM Black without deaths back on my PS2, but it was just for fun and to add a challenge. There's no way that many people would have it on 100% if you should complete the Story without deaths...The only way would be to use cheats (as they don't disrupt the outcome) or playing it on Easy.

13 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

This is a PS2 remake. You're mentioning online grind so you probably confused it with the Twisted Metal from PS3/PS4. I used to complete TM Black without deaths back on my PS2, but it was just for fun and to add a challenge. There's no way that many people would have it on 100% if you should complete the Story without deaths...The only way would be to use cheats (as they don't disrupt the outcome) or playing it on Easy.

My bad, I didn’t read the post closely enough. I followed the guide and I only had issues getting the collectibles. Those box things were a pain in some levels.

• 2 weeks later...

For all of those players who will aim to get Minion and the gold trophy - you don't have to complete the game without losing a life. I have been saving every story playthrough on the same slot but had a couple on the second slot (same memory card) and still got the Minion in the end. I think what counts is the last option after you complete story, where the game asks you if you want to save the content/unlockables. So be sure to always choose "yes" during that question. Don't know about the difficulty; I've played everything on medium and without using cheats, but I doubt this disrupts the outcome.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Grammar.
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

to anyone still interested in this. i found that it doesnt save your progress on what characters youve beaten with after exiting the game or turning it off

so i solved the problme by beating it with every character in a single session. thats the onky consistent way ive found. and be sure to press yes when it asks you to save at any point.

Edited by scorpafied